The difference between high school and college.

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by KOB, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I know several of us are in school. I had to share this....

http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/102840.html
  2. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    How funny! Here's my commentary on a couple of them:

No food is allowed in the hall in high school. In college, food must be provided at an event before students will come.
    *So very true

In college, the professors can tell you the answer without looking at the teacher's guide.
    *Not always...

In high school, you have to live with your parents. In college, you get to live with your friends.
    *If only....

In high school, if you screw up you can usually sweet-talk your way out of it. In college, you're lucky to ever talk with the professor.
    *Not at Webster. They know me on a first name basis, ever profs I have never had know me that well. Shoot I flashed my math profs my bruise on my butt the other day.

In high school, fire drills are planned by the administration; in college, by the drunk frat boys on their way home when the bars close.
    *Ask Jon about this one.

In high school, when the teacher said, "Good morning," you mumbled back. In college, when the professor says, "Good morning," you write it down.
    *Sad but true.

In college, weekends start on Thursday.
    *In which universe?

College guys are cuter than high school boys.
    *True, but at my school they check eachother out more than they check the girls out. (IF you know what I mean.)

In high school, you can't go out to lunch because it's not allowed. In college, you can't go out to lunch because you can't afford it.
    *That's what credit is for.

My additions:
    *In college you can go to class in jammies an slippers and no one says a word.
    *Suddenly the nerds are cool, not the jocks.
  3. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    *Ask Jon about this one.

lol

I was just about to share that story.

So today is my 21st birthday. Dajuan and Randy came up to take me out drinking at midnight.

I go back to my dorm. Go to sleep. At 4 am, the fire alarms go off. It's mid 50º's out. Not weather you want to be running outside in, in your pajamas. I grab a trench coat and grab my cloak for my girlfriend. We all then gather across the walkway and I commence to play a game of "Count the freshman" with my g/f. The point of this game is to see how many freshman you can spot since this was the first "fire drill" of the year, and freshman wouldn't know that you should grab a coat or blanket before running outside.

So after 15 minutes of this and the fire department getting there, we're allowed to go back in since there's no fire. We go back in and my RA is at the door to our hall telling us that we can't go onto our floor. We all gather in the grand lounge in the basement and find out that some drunks opened up a valve for one of the fire sprinkler pipes and flooded the south stairwell. Since I'm on the first floor, it also got the first 4 rooms on that end of the hall wet.

Cliffs:
    -Fire alarm goes off
    -We evacuate
    -Find out some d**k opened up a fire valve, did **** loads of damage and woke up the entire building.
  4. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Shoot I flashed my math profs my bruise on my butt the other day.

See? I'm already a bad influence.....

*In college you can go to class in jammies an slippers and no one says a word.

Boxers with the fly unbuttoned they have a slight problem with.....

Neither will EVER be cool....

So today is my 21st birthday.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday, Brother!

Jon liquored up and half dressed in a fake fire drill.... Kodak moment!!!!!!!!!

5. MiracleMets22 Jedi Knight

star 1
    geez....sounds horrible, happy b-day by the way, lol...
    Dajuan,
    your observations about our lovely university are spot on, lol.
    I may add, though....
    in high school, parking sucked....in college, ditto...
  6. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    In high school you walked because you didn't have a car. In college you walked because there's no parking.
  7. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6

Neither will EVER be cool....

Hey I'm a total nerd and I rule. Shoot I wore my ROTS shirt to class cause I could. Got compliments from the same profs I mooned.

In high school you walked because you didn't have a car. In college you walked because there's no parking.
    Hey, I had a car. Two in fact.

You know parking is better at Webster than other schools though. Jon's place would be awful with it. We really got it good Mets.
  8. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Hey I'm a total nerd and I rule. Shoot I wore my ROTS shirt to class cause I could. Got compliments from the same profs I mooned.

If it was a Ster TREK shirt there'd be a problem....
  9. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    And that was before the birthday even got bad....
  10. quigon_brian Jedi Master

star 4
    In high school, fire drills are planned by the administration; in college, by the drunk frat boys on their way home when the bars close.
    I find this one to be a stereotype. Everyone I know causes less trouble in the dorms once they join a fraternity simply because they're never at the dorms anymore. Everyone uses the Greek system as a scapegoat for every problem on every campus. If there's vandalism, it must've been the greeks. If there was a bar fight, it must've been the greeks. If something got stolen from campus, it must've been the greeks. People don't seem to understand that we don't do that kind of stuff because it would all get reported back to Nationals, and we could get shut down.
    The fact of the matter is, every fraternity on my campus does more charity work than ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION. This includes all the christian and service groups. The average Greek GPA is higher than the non-Greek average.
    Yes, going allong with our above average service and GPAs, we consume probably twice or more times the average amount of alcohol as normal people. But you know what? That's a personal choice. There's a lot worse things out there than alcohol.
    We give everyone on campus an outlet. Greek are one of the friendliest groups of people you will ever meet. Everyone that shows up to our parties is greeted with a handshake with one hand and a beer with the other. Just try walking up to an independent party of people you don't know and see if that happens. I used to go to those and I can gaurantee 9 out of 10 times, it doesn't.

EDIT: Use of profanity is against the TOS.
  11. quigon_brian Jedi Master

star 4
    So am I to understand that it's okay to say "@$$" in numerous other threads, but when I say it, it gets edited out?
    Okay. Cool. I got it.
    Pick and choose is the system here.
  12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_worried]

Don't get banned Brian. Do what ET says. ;)

That list was funny, of course, I'm not in college yet, but I do believe most of that.
  13. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Brian, we have a list of unallowed words onteh CR boards, as set forth by the GSAs and RSAs. I'll be happy to share it via PM if you like. Some words are allowed, others aren't, sorry.
  14. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    If there was a bar fight, it must've been the greeks.

NOOOOOOO! That's the Irish kids.... (not that I know any drunken Irish college boys..... O:))
  15. JediUruviel Jedi Master

star 4
    Simple: Highschool is for the immature runts like me, and college is the land of maturity.
  16. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    college is the land of maturity

You've never been in my Calc 3 class have you? Couple of the Jocks in the class are real children. I called one that too, after a perfume spraying incident, and he, like a child, hasn't been able to let it go.
  17. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    You need me to talk to him?
  18. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    Wait, there are jocks that made it to calc 3?
  19. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I have no idea. Baffles me too. Guess because Webster isn't a big sports school.
  20. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Speaking of nerds,

One of the funniest movies ever ROTN.

Revenge of the Nerds.

Great movie.
  21. MiracleMets22 Jedi Knight

star 1
    "If it was a Star Trek shirt there'd be a problem."

Hey Hey Hey now, Trek isn't all bad....TOS, TNG and DS9 remains great.
  22. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Hey Hey Hey now, Trek isn't all bad
    These words have been known to start wars, or get you thrown out ;)
  23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Bob, you're flirting with treason. ;)
  24. MiracleMets22 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm not that bad, lol....be glad I don't like Voyager and Enterprise, heh....

To be fair though, I think you'd more likely get laughed at if you wore a Trek shirt than a SW shirt.
    I wore my Emperor Palpatine shirt and people loved it.
  25. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry I'm late, but Happy B-Day Jon.

The frat I joined in college was academic. Our meetings remind me a lot of beer meetings. Not alot is accomplished, but we drank and had a good time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.