main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Digital Theater weekend debate

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    A digital theater is where they show the movie in a digital format and not on celluloid film like traditional movies. And yes, the Lowes theater in Schaumburg has a digital theater, and yes, they are showing AOTC. :)

2. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    CRAP! My mom just told me that my grandparents are coming from Iowa and my sister is coming from Illinios that weekend. Know what that means? I CAN'T COME ANYMORE! :_| I'm really bummed out. Sorry Tom and Tracey. I don't need a ticket or a ride anymore. C'est la vie, I guess. :(

3. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Whoever wants to go better PM me, because I've only had two PMs so far and as you can see, one has already rescinded. I know there are more people who want to go, so let's hear from you.

4. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    That is so sad Solo!! After I worked so hard for that date for ya!! Just kidding!! Well, have fun w/your family, and remember, there is DVD coming in a few months.

5. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    ...theoretically.

6. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I just PM'ed BYOB_Kenobi for two tickets.

Something my grrlfriend and I might do is, go to Great America the day before. But we're not sure yet. I let everyone know if we do.

~Que

7. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    That's actually a really good idea, Dan... I haven't been there in a couple years... We should make a Fan Force outing of it, though.

Jeff

8. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Yeah, I'm REALLY upset, Tracey. :( I wish my family would tell me if they schedule me to be somewhere. Then I wouldn't get my hopes up about other stuff. Oh well. I'm going to try and go with my sister some weekend. Hopefully it will still be there.

9. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Does anybody know what showtime we're planning on going to? Or have I missed that part of the thread?

10. Davie-Wan_Kenobi

Davie-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Whats up everybody! I just woke up today at noon because i went to see AOTC at the Loews Theatre in Schaumburg. There is only 1 digital theatre, so I reccomend buying tickets early becuasewhen i went they were all sold out except for the 10:15 p.m. showing. So i got back today at 2:20. The theatre is very nice. The auditorium itself has stadium seating and seats about 270 people. It is also air conditioned. OMG is the digital picture is awesome and the sound is supurb. There is also plenty of concession stands.

May the force be with you

Jedi David

11. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Greetings from a Chicago suburbanite! ;)

Things to do around the Streets of Woodfield before or after seeing AOTC:

1) Gameworks - more of an arcade feel than Dave & Buster's, lots of games (including three Ep. I Racer games that can be played linked together, and three of the Star Wars Trilogy arcade games) and a restaurant/bar area

2) Dave & Buster's - Surprise! There's one of those about fifteen minutes away (I think) if you'd rather go there.

3) fine dining - Between Streets of Woodfield (where the Loews is) and Woodfield Mall itself, there are plenty of places to eat

4) Woodfield Mall - if you feel like window-shopping

5) Busse Woods - This is the forest preserve area on the other side of the highway from the malls... why not make it a picnic?

Best suggestion to get there:

Do NOT take I94/294 down to Golf Road; it's still under construction, and probably will be for quite some time.

My advice would be to exit the Tri-State at Lake-Cook Rd, heading west, and then take Rt. 53 south to the Woodfield Rd. exit. From that exit, you'll see Streets of Woodfield ahead on your right. :)

I hope this helps out some!

12. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up on the construction, ThomSolo. And ooohhh, Dave and Busters! I used to live in the Chi area and was there a couple of times. This is a really cool place to go... they have food, and video games, and VR rides, and it's really, really cool. :D I had almost forgotten about that place.

BYOB_Kenobi, I don't think anyone had picked a time yet.

13. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah... I'm gonna need to know that before the 5th. But please, DON'T start a new thread about it. This one is fine.

14. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, we finally learned when Bob's good friend Steve is coming to town (with his wife and new baby girl), and that's the weekend of the 15th. We'll entertaining on the 15th, so sadly, we cannot be at the digital show. :( We'll probably just go on our own when we can.

Have fun and let us know how it looked! :) (I'm sure it will be fabulous!).

15. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm thinking between noon and evening.. Afternoon-ish..

16. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Afternoonish would probably be good as it's going to be a couple hours down, couple hours back, and if we hit the mall in Schaumburg (or a couple of places or so depending on ppls wishes) for toys, then we still get back at a "not too late hour". Do we have any idea what time the movie is playing for that date yet?

17. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
  18. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Afternoon sounds good to me. But to make things easy, any time would work - I have the whole day off from work, so it really doesn't matter.

19. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    To be more specific, I'm thinking 1pm.. How does that sound?..

20. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I went to the Lowes site and was ushered to Fandango for showtimes and tickets. As of today, the latest show date they give right now is 6/6/02, and the showtimes that day are: 12:30p, 3:45p, 7p, and 10:15p. I don't know if they will hold to these times in another week+, but at least it gives us an idea. Que already said 1pm, but the closest to that is 12:30p. I'm all for either that one or the 3:45p. Anyone else? Oh, and matinee tickets are $5.50, but I'm sure that doesn't include the surcharge for purchasing them online.

21. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Just to keep you guys informed, a group from Minneapolis will also be attending a show at the same theater on the same day. They haven't picked a time yet, but are aiming for afternoon, and then a group dinner somewhere, and/or Gameworks.

22. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Let's see if we can coordinate that so we can all see it together, DJ.

23. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    That would be cool. :D

24. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I think MN will be trying to see a mid afternoon show because the drive is long, and a few think they are driving Sat morning. I'll post when there is more concrete info. I'd be nice to have a tri-state meet.

25. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Perhaps we should try for the 3:45 showing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.