main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Digital Theater weekend debate

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Anyone who wants to go the 8th and would like me to get tickets please send me a PM. I will be aiming for a mid-afternoon show - around 3:00. I would like to get the tickets by Monday.

For those interested, we will meet at the Park and Ride on I94 and Ryan at noon. For a map to that lot click here.

2. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Hey guys, Jodo Kast here from Chicago. If you guys and gals are coming to the great NW suburbs of Chicago to see AOTC in Schaumburg, PM me and I'll meet up with ya'll that day. I live only 15 minutes away and would love to see it again, especially since the wife is already sick of me asking her to go again!! :p And I can recommend some good places to eat nearby.

Mark

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    All but one MN person has added early in their afternoon wish so if the 12:45 works better for you all, let's go for that. I think we all are pretty flexible. :)

4. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Here's an idea. You all are invited to my house for a lil BBQ after the movie. It's close by, save you tons of money, and ask any Chicago force member that I throw a good BBQ.

Just a thought.

Mark

5. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    What does anyone else going on the 15th think? If we go to the 12:45p, we can meet with MN and then we've been offered a cookout by a member of Chicago. I think this sounds like a good time. We're still two weeks out for the film, so we still have plenty of time to discuss this. :)

I'm totally flexible this day, so whatever we decide is good for me.

6. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    12:45pm sounds good to me!!..

7. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Is it just me, or does it seem the 15th is taking is time in getting here?

(I'm finally going to the UltraScreen tonight for my 3rd (and husband's 1st) viewing of AOTC. He hates crowds, so I couldn't talk him into going any sooner.)

8. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    For those of you who haven't seen the Digital theater version...prepare to have your socks knocked off. The colors are bolder and everything looks so crisp and clean. Don't let anyone ever tell you there isn't a difference because the difference is phenomenal. Honestly it doesn't change much with the 'real' characters though it cleans up very nicely but the Arena as amazing as it was in the regular theaters, in the digital it blew me away. Oohh I'm thinking that's going to be the way to go.

Marcy

9. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Digital....good!

10. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    There was definitely a difference. The arena scene is definitely better. You feel like there are thousands of figures moving instead of a blur as in the regular theater. It was great!!!!!!!1

11. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    So, what is the time that everyone is meeting? Is it for the 12:45?

12. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    The showtime previously reported is incorrect. The movie will show at 12:30, not 12:45.

Of course, I anticipate that we will all be planning on being there early anyway, but perhaps we should be earlier.

Fandango isn't selling tickets for the 15th until Wednesday. So everyone who still needs a ticket has until then to contact me.

13. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    So jealous of you all...damn those family obligations!

14. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    In order to get a better idea on how many people are going, I've started an RSVP thread in the Chicago forum. Please respond there, if you're planning on going.

Phil

15. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    These are the people who've contacted me for tickets:
    User Name / Quantity
    tello999 / 2
    solo414 / 1
    SySnootles / 2
    que4zone / 2
    jedihexer / 2
    Jedisuperfly / 1
    FennShysha / 1
    SkyJammer / 1
    volkswagon_jedi / 2
    Brian Espinosa / 3
    If you're from the Milwaukee group, you need a ticket, and you don't see your name on this list, please contact me immediately. I will be ordering tickets no later than Wednesday afternoon.

Reimbursement for each ticket is $6.50.

16. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Ok, anyone interested, I'll be having a Star Wars-after-viewing-get-together-BBQ right after the show. My house is only about 15 minutes away and all I ask from you is to bring something, like chips or anything that will stay fresh in your cars on a hot day. I'll have directions ready for anyone interested at the movie.

Mark

17. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I live in Menomonee Falls, and my car will fit 3 (plus driver) comfortably, and 4 less so. If you live in this area (Meno. Falls, Germantown, 60th and Brown Deer area and back west, Mequon, Cedarburg, Sussex) and would like a ride to the movie, please PM me.

18. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Wow, it's quiet on the boards today!

What time are we planning on heading out to go to the movie on Saturday?

19. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I would suggest leaving no later than 10:00 AM. MapQuest says the drive should take about 1.5 hours.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&2ex=1&src=maps&ct=NA&1a=&1p=&1c=Milwaukee&1s=WI&1z=&1y=US&2a=601+N+Martingale+Rd&2s=IL&2c=Schaumburg&2ic=31&2ex=1&2g=T9VKYiYFmfQ%253d&2y=US&2z=60173-5903&2l=NjUcQC8gRbc%253d&lr=2&x=71&y=15

20. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    That's a good time to leave but no later. With downtown festivals happenings and the Crosstown Classic taking place at Wrigley, there will be alot of people migrating towards the city. Oh, and lots of construction on I-90. You gotta love it!!! :)

Mark

21. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I-90 is not part of the plan.

22. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    1.5 hours seems about right, from I-94 and Ryan Rd (that is where we're meeting, correct?). I know it takes me about 2 hours to get to Schaumburg from my place, and I'm about 30 minutes north (and slightly west) of I-94 and Ryan.

As far as the carpooling thing is concerned, while I'm in the area Idaara mentioned, I may be doing the drive separately, as I might be hooking up with a friend in Schaumburg, and therefore carpooling would be a bit impractical.

-SJ

23. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    My bad, I thought you may jump on 90 after 294.

24. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    All the tickets are ordered, plus one extra, just in case.

The box office proxy is now closed.

25. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I would recommend you use the directions posted earlier in this thread (using the 53 route). That route avoided some construction and got us down there nice and quick.

I'm already feeling pangs of jealousy...

BE WARNED - Once you see it digital, you will NOT want to see it any other way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.