main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Dingle" - bertocci/bryan harley/rico - NP2k Studio Film Fest

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Chad_Peter, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chad_Peter

Chad_Peter Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 9, 2000
    Welcome to the sixth day of the 1st NP2k Studio Film Festival. We've got more entries than ever for one of our '2k film fests, and this time we're bordering on experimental in design. Films created for this festival were done so in an interesting fashion - for example:

The entries you'll be seeing here were created by three different filmmakers - One writer, one Director, and one Editor. The teams were created at random by the admins at NP2k.com (durbnpoisn and myself), and the teams were set out to make a film together. Normally, this wouldn't be so out of the ordinary, except for the fact that most all of these teams were put together with people of all experience groups - and, most team members were spread out across the country - never were two team members in the same town. So this was an experiment more than anything, and it's our belief that a lot was learned from the process. Some enemies were made, as well as some friends, but in the end the majority of the people involved came through with flying colors.

PLEASE NOTE:
    For users wishing to vote on the winning film(s) when the festival comes to a close, please note that you MUST WATCH ALL FILMS AND HAVE POSTED A REVIEW ON EACH film within their respective release thread at np2k.com (this includes your own films that you were involved in).

And now, onto the sixth film entry:

"The Dingle"

Written by: Adam Bertocci
    Directed by: Bryan Harley (Bryan)
    Edited by: Eric Branco (Rico)

[image=http://www.np2k.com/studio_fest_1/dingle.jpg]

OFFICIAL RELEASE THREAD (download link inside)

[image=http://www.np2k.com/studio_fest_1/studiofest1.jpg]

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    *bump* C'mon, folks, post somethin'. Don't make me ban ya ;)

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I would echo that it would be nice if there was any interest expressed in this contest.

Not to knock that StarWarsiness of fan filmmaking... But, there is a much larger world out there. And there is something to be learned from other types of independant productions.

Just sayin'...

4. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    I'm interested. Where can I sign up?

5. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    To be fair, this forum is really meant for fan films discussion. We let things like this slide because the filmmakers are forum regulars.

6. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    What MAX is saying is that we Np2kers should really just F off and take our business elsewhere I gather.

7. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Ooookay... That just took a dark turn.

The only difference between fan films and other idependant films is that fan films have an obvious linkage to a larger story. And fan filmers, just like any other filmmakers could stand to benefit from the knowledge in both genres. I think that's really pulling some weird technicality differntiating the two.

The majority of the really serious fan filmmakers inevitably end up moving on to completely independant productions. I don't see any harm in trying to incorporate any and all of it. The simple fact is, that the fan filmers can benefit from this contest as well as those that are totally independant. It's no different than choreography contests or workshops.

Perhaps I'm pulling at straws myself. But I, for one, would really like to see the fan filmers expand their horizons a bit. There's no harm in that. Quite the opposite, in fact.

8. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    No, that's not what I meant. I agree with Durb that our members can benefit from watching these films, which is why I allow them to be discussed here. However, I also wanted to point out that since they aren't fan films, a lack of interest in this forum shouldn't surprise anyone.

9. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Pardon, but that's not what you said at all. It may be what you meant, but there's an implied inflection in your sentence that says otherwise.

It's a good thing for Indy films that you "let it slide".

10. -Spiff-

-Spiff- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    To be honest, I'm hesitant to download stuff from NP2k at school, namely because of the tendancy of the avatars, language, signatures, and films on that site to be rather explicit. I'm happy to check out anything that Bryan does - his work has always been amazing, but considering the "male genetalia" comment in the linked thread, I think I'll pass until I've read a positive review.

I'd like to say though, that I do appreciate the threads and linkage to the festival.

-Spiff

11. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    I know the thread over at np2k is filled with off topic stuff and some TFN talk, but I hope people will still find the download link and watch the film.

A director's cut will be out soon too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.