main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY The Dinner

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mayhem, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey, I just wanted to say I had a great time at the Dinner at Mars2112 w/Peter Mayhew.
    Everyone was great! It was cool getting to meet those of you that were there and getting to see the ECG again.
    I am really looking forward to the next get together and hope I can make it. Well I'm at work now so I have go earn my paycheck.

2. Aysardra

Aysardra Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2001
    I had a wonderful time too at the dinner. It was great getting to meet everyone, from FanForce, the ECG, and of course, the Mayhews. The restaurant itself was really cool too.
    Looking forward to the next event!

3. nycdexter

nycdexter Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2001
    I was there, this was my 4th "FanForce" event and they have ALL been absolutely supreme. For those of you who haven't attended one yet, WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU!! :) :) Whether they're a small, intimate event or a large blowout like last night, these events are amazing with all the fun and Star Wars spirit that permeates the atmosphere.

And we got to see the Stormtroopers "get down" on the dancefloor at the end of the night. What more could you want.

I was pretty quiet last night, I've had a recent loss in the family and I went to the event largely to be around people and to see my friends there, so I didn't really get around to meet anyone there, but I was one of the guys snapping photos all evening, look for them on a "Click & Tell" page coming soon. Some of the costumes there were just awesome. And I really can't thank my friends there last night enough for all of their love and support, the StarWarsNYC people are really the greatest friends a person could have (how could it be otherwise with people who are brought together through Star Wars?) and your support means the world to me. You people really are my family.

I'm so glad everyone had a good time, and LS, MS and everyone who helps out with planning these things, really deserve lots of applause for their continued efforts in organizing these events and making them so successful. Not to mention the incredible connection with the BMA that LS has worked so hard on, to have so much substantial fun and friendship while also doing some good for children and community is truly amazing.

4. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Thank you all for joining us making our Charity dinner a great success.

It was great to meet you Mayhem and Aysardra.

5. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    haha quick MS click that delete post button!!!

6. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    one of these days i swear i will join you!

7. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Awwww Dex, you made me blush and get all teary-eyed...not acceptable behavior for a Sith!

I want to thank everyone for coming and making our event such a success. We raised over $400.00 this weekend for our charity. There are some I need to thank who make these events posssible.

First of all my husband...who rolls his eyes, smiles and says "OK let's do this!"

Fellow staff, MysterySith and ObiWill. My good friends and brothers in SW.

The actors who join us-in this case Peter Mayhew and Richard LaParmentier. They really know how to show appreciation for the fans who love them.

The spouses of the actors that have them, in this case Angie Mayhew. I really enjoyed talking with this charismatic woman. She gave up a Saturday eve in New York with her husband to share him with us.

Big Apple Comic Con for GIVING us a free table to get the word out and raise money for our cause.

The Empire City Garrison....there has yet to be a time when SWNYC has gone to DarthZippy and his guys and asked them to support and they have declined.

Finally, our members who support us. We love you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.