main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The disagreement about Lady Delora 's animals (Qui/Obi/humour) Updated 9/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JOINME, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Title: The disagreement about Lady Delora's animals
    Author: JOINME
    Time frame: Obi-Wan is eighteen.
    Description: Qui-Gon has been known to ah, have a penchant for 'pathetic life forms' Can Obi-Wan handle it when a very rich old woman entrusts her many pets to Qui-Gon Jinn, and asks him to take care of them until he has found reliable homes?
    Or will he go crazy?

Note: A plot bunny that wouldn't leave me alone! Arghh! lol.
    Although this is a short story, (well it can't count as novel) I'll be posting it as sections. Hope you enjoy! :D

The Disagreement about Lady Delora's animals

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

'Obi-Wan I wish you would stop saying that.'

Qui-Gon tossed a cushion off the couch in their commmon room, looking annoyed and very flustered.
    'Honestly! I left my cloak here and now it's gone!'

Obi-Wan was staring at him from across the room, clearly looking indignant.

'But I only said it once Master.'

'No, no, you always say it,' Qui-Gon grumbled as he started opening cupboards. 'It's a rather bad habit of yours Obi-Wan. And it doesn't help either. Especially not when we are beginning missions..you always breathing in my ear about a bad feeling usually makes something bad [i]happen[/i]. So stop it Padawan. Focus on the here..'

Qui-Gon banged shut another cupboard door, looking twice as annoyed.
    'and now.'

Obi-Wan crossed his arms across his chest as he watched Qui-Gon.
    'I do not breathe in your ear!' he said hotly. 'And besides, I don't know why you think you can find your cloak in the kitchen. That's rather uh.. foolish isn't it Master?'

'Well I've been known to misplace things..'

Qui-Gon frowned as he poked his head out of a cupboard.
    'and was that cheek Obi-Wan?'

'No Master.'

'Good.' Qui-Gon slammed shut all the cupboards then leaned against one, breathing heavily. He smoothed down his long hair.

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow as he watched him try to control his frustration. It was clearly not working.

'Now that you've looked everywhere, aren't you going to ask me where I think it could be?'

There was a hint of slyness in his tone.

Qui-Gon straightened, looking at his apprentice suspiciously.

'You've done something to it haven't you? Do you really love meditation and chores that much Obi-Wan?'

His apprentice glared at him slightly. 'I haven't done anything. I was just going to tell you that I think you left it in the garden you went to this morning.'

'How do you know?'

'Well you left with it on, and came back without it.'

'Ah. Yes. Now let us go retrieve it or we'll be late for this urgent council meeting.'

Obi-Wan stared at him pointedly.

Qui-Gon sighed. 'Okay, so it's [i]unusual[/i] that we got called even though we just came from a mission an hour ago, and there is supposed to be a period of at least three days before missions,' he recited. 'Happy now Padawan? It's unusual, but no reason to get an Obi-Wan bad feeling tagged on it.'

Obi-Wan glared at him for a moment, then cleared his throat.

Qui-Gon sighed again. 'Thank you for telling me about the cloak my very young apprentice who still has much to learn. I shall be forever grateful,' He gave an exaggerated mock bow, grinned at Obi-Wan then strode towards the door.

'I still have a bad feeling,' Obi-Wan muttered as he followed after him.

[hr]

'A will?'

'Yes Master Jinn, a will. Lady Sheila Denise Delora's will to be exact.'

Recognition washed over Qui-Gon's features as he and Obi-Wan stood in the circular room that was the Jedi High Council Chambers. There were two Council Members present, Mace Windu and Ki-Adi-Mundi.

'Lady Delora..' he murmured. 'Ah yes, my Padawan and I were sent to protect her a few years ago..'

Mace Windu nodded as Obi-Wan shifted uncomfortably. He remembered that particular mission, one that he had not enjoyed at all. Lady Delora had been a very prim and haughty old lady who lived in a manor home on the planet of Belaire. The luxurious room he had stayed in had not be

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

So funny![face_laugh] //I'm going to kill you Master. I really am.//

//He he you can try my dear Padawan!//

that was a brillaint bit of fluff[face_dancing]

3. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    What, no replies yet? Well, hopefully I'll be the first, lest someone snatch it from me.

Anyway, great start! Poor Obi-Wan, though I would've loved to see him faint in front of the Council. (giggles at the thought) How in the world is he going to survive until they find homes for all the animals? (insert dramatic music here)

PM me when you update!
    Stormqueen

EDIT: Dang! Not the first! Too slow on the post button, I suppose. (sighs)

4. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    [face_laugh] Ha ha, Oh you must continue this! Poor Obi-Wan.[face_laugh]

5. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Do you really love meditation and chores that much, Obi-Wan? [face_laugh]

I can't wait to see what kinds of animals will be joining this delightful team!

Maybe a [face_cow] , or a [face_pig] , or a [face_chicken] ?

And maybe on a really bad day, a [face_monkey] ?

I can't wait to find out! [face_dancing]

Another great fic, Joinme!

Darth Mom :cool:

6. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    I love it! This is great!
    My turn to bug you!
    Post more soon please! :D

Oh, and pm me when you update, if you will!

7. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Oh, I love this, I really do.

8. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] that was so funny!

9. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    :D

Not in front of the Council!

So, Qui-Gon would prefer that they got back to their apartment before Obi keeled over?

Bad feeling indeed!

Keep writing!

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Very cute. Loved the banter between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. LOL on Obi having a bad feeling all the time. I can just see it.:p

11. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I was on my way to bed when this caught my eye! I'd been hoping to find something of yours to read, so I popped in and got a great laugh before I went to bed!!! LOL! [face_laugh]

My favorite part was the beginning!

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

'Obi-Wan I wish you would stop saying that.'

Qui-Gon tossed a cushion off the couch in their commmon room, looking annoyed and very flustered.
    'Honestly! I left my cloak here and now it's gone!'

Obi-Wan was staring at him from across the room, clearly looking indignant.

'But I only said it once Master.'

'No, no, you always say it,' Qui-Gon grumbled as he started opening cupboards. 'It's a rather bad habit of yours Obi-Wan. And it doesn't help either. Especially not when we are beginning missions..you always breathing in my ear about a bad feeling usually makes something bad happen. So stop it Padawan. Focus on the here..'

Oh! How I've longed for someone to do just this!! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Ok...I've got to read the rest of this! Can you PM me when you update, please? [face_praying] Thanks.

12. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    [:D] Thanks for reading everyone! [face_love]

Gkilkenny: I'm glad you're enjoying! :D

stormqueen874: thank you! :)
    How in the world is he going to survive until they find homes for all the animals? (insert dramatic music here)
    ha ha, we shall see... ;) :DI'll remember to PM. :)

katieelessar: yes, poor Obi-Wan. :D I'm glad you're enjoying!

star_drifter: ha ha! thanks, Darth Mom. [:D]

Jennifer_Lyn: aw, thank you. :) I'll remember to PM you. :)

Darksaber: Thank you. :)

padawanlissa: glad it made you laugh! :D

maychorian: I'm honoured that you gave it a read! *bows* I'm really enjoying your rushing wind series by the way! I hope you update it soon! :D
    So, Qui-Gon would prefer that they got back to their apartment before Obi keeled over?
    ha ha! Better in the privacy of ones room me thinks, rather than in front of those council members. :D

dianethx: thank you! :) [:D] ha ha, I can see it too! :p

Souderwan: I'm very humbled! [face_blush] :)
    Oh! How I've longed for someone to do just this!! LOL! me too! [face_dancing]
    I'm so happy it made you laugh! I'll PM you. :)

?I refuse Master.?

?Obi-Wan, you really have no choice in the matter.?

Obi-Wan?s mouth set in a thin line as he and Qui-Gon stood outside the door to their apartment.

?I still refuse.?

?They are friendly pets! They won?t hurt you, and besides, I am the one who is going to be looking after them. If you don?t want to help, I won?t ask.?

Obi-Wan sighed as he crossed his arms over his chest.
    ?I don?t want to be disrespectful Master, but it seems we disagree.?

Qui-Gon crossed his own arms over his chest. He raised an eyebrow.
    ?Thank you for informing me. Now we disagree because??

?Well, firstly, you knew that Lady Delora was going to do this!?

?Obi-Wan, really. I hope you were listening when you learnt Basic, because that doesn?t make sense. How do we disagree over that? ?

There was a quirk on his lips.

?Fine Master. You don?t have to answer me about that, I [i]know[/i] you knew. Your eyes always get that funny twinkle whenever you have done something I suspect and [i]you[/i] refuse to verify..It seems we disagree over the animals.?

Qui-Gon leant against the door way.

?It appears we do Padawan.?

Obi-Wan straightened, relieved that his Master had gotten the point.

?So?what are we going to do then??

?We are going to go inside and meet our ten new friends.?

?What if I don?t come in??

?Then I will give your bed to them.?

Qui-Gon grinned at his Padawan, opened the door and strode in. Obi-Wan groaned with frustration and the knowledge that he had lost. There was no way he would allow those pathetic creatures to enter his painstakingly perfect and tidy room, and Qui-Gon knew it. He entered their common room very reluctantly.
    Qui-Gon was looking delighted as he observed the cages on the floor. Obi-Wan looked clearly distressed as he surveyed the cats mewing in one large cage, and the birds squawking in their small individual ones. There were a strange animal Obi-Wan didn?t recognise and also.. Obi-Wan paled.

?Master, that?s a Benishan snake!?

Qui-Gon, who was busy cooing and talking mush with a very excited cat, only glanced at him briefly.

?Yes it is. A cute baby one!? Qui-Gon was now doting on the snake, who looked uninterested, as it lay amongst the tall stalks of grass provided in its glass tank.

?Aren?t you now? Aren?t you a cute, cute little snake? Yes you are! Why yes, you..?

Obi-Wan called out in desperation. ?Master!?

Qui-Gon turned, frowning. ?Yes??

?Nothing. Just please don?t do that in front of me Master. Makes me feel nauseous.?

Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow. ?Then I suggest you take an antacid.?

He got up from his crouched position next to the cages, surveying the common room.

?I?m going to take them out now Obi-Wan. Except the cats and birds will cause a problem. I think we?re going to hav

13. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    ?We are going to go inside and meet our ten new friends.?

?What if I don?t come in??

?Then I will give your bed to them.?

[face_laugh]

?Aren?t you now? Aren?t you a cute, cute little snake? Yes you are! Why yes, you..?

Obi-Wan called out in desperation. ?Master!?

Qui-Gon turned, frowning. ?Yes??

?Nothing. Just please don?t do that in front of me Master. Makes me feel nauseous.?

[face_laugh]

What a great read to wake up to!! :D Thanks! [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    LOL on the banter. Poor Obi-Wan. And I know about birds. My kid used to let her parakeets out and they flew and pooped all over the room. It got so disgusting that we finally got cages for them big enough that she didn't protest. Hope poor Obi-Wan won't have that at least!

Good job.

15. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Poor, poor Obi-Wan. His life is being ruined! [face_laugh] I loved Qui-Gon "talking mush" to the cat, and the snake. And now he's going to be in a very mushy mood all the time--already it's spilling over on Obi-Wan.

Great job!

16. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    It's so funny![face_laugh]
    I love it.

17. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    "Aw, little one, I?m sure you will be fine. You are going to be a big boy and look after these wonderful birdies. You know your big strong Master will protect you from anything, even bird boo boos."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That's funny! Is there more? :D

18. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    This looks like its going to be fun. Great start

19. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    (is currently giggling uncontrollably) Qui-Gon talkin' baby talk to the animals! Poor Obi-Wan, having to share his room with birds. I don't care for pet birds; they tend to smell, and you can't really play with them! Give me a cat or a dog any day.

Great update! I can't wait to see the rest of it!
    Stormqueen

20. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    This has to be one of the funniest stories I've read in a long while [face_laugh] You never cease to amaze me :D Keep up the good work!

21. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Weeeeeeee! This is wonderful!

More soon?

After all, What will happen whan Obi finnaly has enough?

Seven

22. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    LOL I love the banter! =P~

23. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hee hee! [face_laugh] I'm glad I found this! Poor Obi-Wan, not only does he have to put up with ten 'pathetic lifeforms,' but a master who's gone all goo-goo as well. Heh heh.
    I'm looking forward to more, this is a great story! :D

24. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Darth Mom told me about this. :D :D :D

JOINME This is wonderful! Poor Obi-Wan. :D I can only imagine what kind of trouble Obi-Wan is going to have with those pets.

I can't wait! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Can you PM me when you update? [face_batting]

Thanks! [:D]

Ani-maniac

25. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I can just imagine Obi-wan thinking "What a stupid Master"
    I have. "He cannot even talk like an adult"

There was no way he would allow those pathetic creatures to enter his painstakingly perfect and tidy room, and Qui-Gon knew it.

So Funny just Brilliant[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.