main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Disney Effect on Ep 7

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by clone3131, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Disney is a money pumping machine. One of those ways they have pumped out money is selling millions and millions of dollars worth of teen bop music. Hanna Montana. Selena Gomez. Demi Lovato. The list goes on.

Its their world. Its where they make money.

As completely blasphemous as it sounds - do you think they will throw in a big "teen presence" into SW7 - to rake in a younger crowd?

You dont think this could happen? What name has been floating around lately? Zac Effron. What is he known for? High School Musical. Who distributed that? Disney.

I know it will completely alienate the older generation of fans, but, from a money prospective, I dont think Disney would care.

I could almost see Mr Effron running around in a teen bop video now, singing and dancing with his little light saber with Selena Gomez...

Do you think there will be a "Disney Effect" on Episode 7?

-C

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Seriously? This whole "Disney's going to ruin Star Wars by throwing in as many tweens as they can!" is just ridiculous IMO. Did they do this with any of the Marvel films (or the countless other films they come out with each year) or did they allow the creative people in charge to cast whoever they felt fit the role the best? Disney is a successful company because they know how to properly run all their different divisions and put the correct people in place for all their various properties.

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Star Wars is perfectly capable of making money on it's own. That's why Disney bought LucasFilm.

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I would think that tossing teeny bopper crap in the movie would actually drive people away.

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    There is no such thing as "Disney effect" only "unfounded overreacting fan paranoia."

6. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    you just wait, this is coming....

;)

-C

7. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    ^this

^this

^this

^this

Yo, don't be bashing on Ninja Rap! That song is great! I LOVE BEING A TURTLE!

Anyways, I think a lot of people got to remember that most of the story and casting and visual and almost every other decision will be made by Lucasfilms, They didn't bring in Kathleen Kennedy and JJ Abrams to make the next Wizards of Waverly Place you know. I understand your concern, but I think we should wait to see who is cast, after that we can start complaining and worrying.

8. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    SWFF will be driven underground in 10 years

9. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    Just reading this thread makes me sweat with stress.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, looks like this is pretty much done... locking.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.