main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I imagine. The beast will resemble the Ron Perlman version rather than tge Disney version.

2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I guess the Beast is so desperate to lift the curse that he has hired Hermione Granger, Nanny McPhee and Gandalf the Grey to help. :p

I wonder who's going to play Lumiere.

Regarding Monsieur D'Arque, the director of the insane asylum, I hope they cast either Christopher Lee (doubtful due to age, but it's only two scenes) or everyone's favorite Emperor, Ian McDiarmid. He would own that role in just two scenes.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Jean Dujardin has been quiet since he won his oscar, I'd have him as Lumiere

PCCViking likes this.
  4. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Of course, he was quiet in the movie he won his Oscar, right? :p

Darth Punk likes this.
  5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    What about a certain Potions Master? [face_whistling]

[​IMG]
    He'd be suitably creepy in that role.

6. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

That's possible as well. It could, like Tony Jay in the original Beauty and the Beast, set him up for Frollo in the inevitable, if unannounced, live action remake of Hunchback of Notre Dame. :p

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    No, I can cast Frollo in two words. Patrick. Stewart. He turned down Jafar, Scar and Frollo. I could see Disney casting Johnathan Freeman as Jafar in a live action remake (perish the thought) of Aladdin, since he reprised the part for the Broadway musical. I don't see how they'd be able to remake The Lion King as a live action film, so that leave Hunchback. And we need to have him play a Disney villain at some point.

Can you image Patrick Stewart in this scene? :eek:

8. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

I can see him as Frollo.

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Apparently, Ewan McGregor Obi-wan will be playing Lumiere.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So Alec Guinness?

11. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Alec Guinness as Lumiere? That would have been something to see.

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    YUSS.

13. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Stanley Tucci will also be in Beauty and the Beast, as an original character, Credenza, who will be a grand piano.

14. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    A piano character?

I can't help but think of Tim Curry's Forte Pipe Organ character in that mediocre Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas.

And again, I do rather like the casting of this live action B&TB so far.

15. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

I had the same thought, especially when his human form was a "neurotic composer," at least that's how his character is also disguised. Maybe he'll be like Tim Curry's character, only less villainous, but probably at least somewhat bitter.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Disney are collaborating with Vince Gilligan on a film called Beanstalk. I think it's his story and he may direct.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Thank you Disney moms

Good Mother's Day compilation here.

(Well, the whole present wrapping and outfits thing can go but the rest of it is great.)

18. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What have they done wrong?

20. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
  21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Colonialism is fun, kids!

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Disney Pixar's Inside Out got a great reception at Cannes.

Cannes Report: Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’ Is a Delightful Movie to Have On Your Mind

Kerrie MitchellDeputy EditorMay 18, 2015

[​IMG]
    ‘Inside Out’ (AP Photo/Copyright Disney-Pixar)
    Pixar hasn’t had an animated feature in two years, an absence that had the Cannes audience more than primed at the first screening of its new movie, Inside Out, on Monday (indeed, there was a hearty round of applause just for the studio’s logo). What followed did not disappoint: A brisk, delightful romp through the mind of an 11-year old girl that never stopped surprising with its inventiveness and emotional IQ. Directed by Pete Doctor (Up, Monsters Inc.), Inside Out got a loud ovation at the end and some glowing reviews soon after.
    The concepts behind Inside Out (which screened out of competition, and premieres in theaters June 16) are wildly challenging — especially for a film that’s ostensibly a kids’ movie. The film opens with the birth of a girl named Riley, who arrives with several newbie emotions already frolicking inside her head. First comes Joy (Amy Poehler), then Sadness (Phyllis Smith), Disgust (Mindy Kaling), Fear (Bill Hader), and Anger (Lewis Black), the five governing feelings who hang out in Riley’s Headquarters, and try to keep the complex machinery running.
    Riley grows into a hockey-loving 11-year old girl (Kaitlyn Dias) who has a Joy-full childhood in Minnesota with her loving parents (Diane Lane and Kyle MacLachlan). That idyll is thrown into turmoil when the family moves to San Francisco, amusingly depicted as a noisy, smelly dump with crappy pizza. The emotions try to keep a homesick Riley righted, but when Joy and Sadness get marooned far from Headquarters with the all-important core memories, they have to make the perilous journey back before Riley’s world falls to pieces. (And the movie literally means “fall to pieces”: We see previously thriving islands in Riley’s mind, like “friendship” and “honesty,” crumble and collapse into a black chasm like a terrifying scene from Inception.)
    What’s consistently fun is the crazily clever ways Doctor and Co. devise to anthropomorphize some very abstract concepts. Memories are like glowing glass orbs tinged with color-coded emotions. Joy and Sadness get stuck in the labyrinthine library of long-term memory, with its mile-high racks, where they run into Riley’s abandoned imaginary friend, Bing Bong (voiced touchingly by Richard Kind). He leads Joy and Sadness on a shortcut through a secure-looking bunker called Abstract Thought, where their physical forms steadily devolve like a Cubist painting. The movie is full of such imaginative locales: There’s the Dream Factory movie studio, the Train of Thought that stops running when Riley goes to sleep, and the Subconscious jail where the scary birthday party clown is kept incarcerated.
    So where does Inside Out stack up in the Pixar canon? As witty and astute as it is, there’s nothing in Inside Out that matches the bravura opening sequences in Up or WALL*E, the breathtaking action-comedy of The Incredibles, or the mournful melancholy of Toy Story 3. It seems churlish to knock a movie for not being a masterpiece, though. Especially one that’s so in touch with its feelings.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The Good Dinosaur Teaser Trailer (2015) - Pixar Movie HD

spicer likes this.
  25. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Oh Wow !!!!!! I had my doubts but after seeing that I am Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I think Of Kids Dinosaur Movies I think of something Immature, Something Like The Land Before Time which was fine for It's day but Is severely Outdated and Like I said Immature .... :cool: