main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    YES!!!

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1 and PCCViking like this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I can not remember how any of the songs from Tangled go. I know I liked 'Mother know best' when it was playing but when the movie was finished I could not really remember any of the lyrics or the melody.

EDIT: also, one 'What' had been enough.

6. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Yeah...I like Tangled, but gotta agree with Gamiel. Beyond Mother Knows Best and I See The Light, I can't for the life of me remember most of the melodies and lyrics of the other songs.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

When Will My Life Begin ("I brush, and brush, and brush and brush my hair...")
    I've Got A Dream ("I always wanted to be a concert pianist...")

I mean, really?

There are only like 4 songs, they're not hard to remember but there's nothing horribly out of place like that awful fixer-upper song from Frozen...

PCCViking and Darth Xalfrea like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't really remember any of the Frozen songs in there original form either. ‘Let it go’ got stuck in my memory first when Mr. Freeze sung it.

Chancellor_Ewok likes this.
  9. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's unexpected. But okay. Maybe it'll nail down their cameo in Frozen, and we'll learn Corona's political relationship with Arendelle :p

Darth Xalfrea likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That's going to be expensive.

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I've actually been seriously arguing for a Frozen/Tangled crossover. But that would probably work best in movie-form. Anyway, this is cool. I quite liked Tangled and it's neat that they got Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore to come back as well.

13. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    I think everyone and their mother has been wanting a Frozen/Tangled crossover ever since that cameo.

Heck some have been arguing that if they follow up on that, that could lend its way to Disney doing their own cinematic universe.

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

For some of its earlier live-action movies, a case can be made Disney has had a little cinematic universe: from the Herbie movies to the Flubber (the original two movies, not Robin Williams) to the Boy Who Wore Computer Shoes (the one starring Kurt Russell).

Now, the Shaggy D.A. is a sequel to the original Shaggy Dog and takes place in the same town as Absent Minded Professor. Alonzo Hawk, the villain of Absent Minded Professor, was in Herbie Rides Again, therefore connecting those franchises. And The Boy Who Wore Computer Shoes takes place at the same college as Absent Minded Professor. In a way, Herbie Fully Loaded could be considered to take place in the same "cinematic universe" despite starring Lindsay Lohan. :p

Okay, I had a little too much time on my hands to make all those connections. While they didn't build up to one big team-up movie, like the Avengers, there wasn't anything that specifically contradicted each other either (cough, cough X-Men movies).

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They already have a shared universe. Rapunzel has appeared in Sophia the First, as have Ariel, Belle, Mulan, Cinderella, Snow White, Tiana, the good fairies from Sleeping Beauty...and probably others I haven't seen.

16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    That's could be the plot of Frozen 3. The Tangled crossover.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    They already have a shared universe. Micky hang out with Goofy, Donald try to evade Micky (since he always bring a adventure with him) while working for Scrooge McDuck. Scrooge used to pay Launchpad McQuack before he left for St. Canard. Also Donald is part of the Three Caballeros, etc.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I haven't seen any of that Sophia the First stuff because despite huzzah monarchy, it's Disney for an even younger audience and I'm not sure that it would be enjoyable. But I am still glad that our future generations have even more royalist content for them. Unless it's one of those things where the princes and princesses envy plebs, those are the worst.

I think the opposite. Cross-overs could do an episode or even an arc without taking away the focus of the main story. But a cross-over film would be neither Frozen nor Tangled.

I also get the sense that cross-overs feel less gimmicky when it's like just a story arc and not a whole movie trying to capture the biggest audience ever.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    MY NEPHEW DID NOT TELL ME THAT RAPUNZEL WAS ON SOFIA THE FIRST!!!

I must chastise him now...

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Even better. Sophia is actually a pleb risen up thanks to her commoner mother marrying the King.
    Maybe he hasn't seen it yet? It was on a special, "The curse of Princess Ivy". Mandy Moore reprised the role.

21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Did you see the Hercules/Aladdin crossover episode when Hercules the Animated Series was on? Jafar and Hades formed an alliance in that episode.

22. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I'm not sure I really care about the further adventures of Rapunzel. I would much rather a Flynn Rider prequel series.

Gamiel likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    And they let children watch this?! It's immoral.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So how many people have seen this?

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I still remember the episodes of Lilo and Stitch, where they crossed over with every Disney show under the sun. Kim Possible, Jake Long American Dragon, Recess...

Is it sad that I remember all of those?