main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Frozen is still better.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Frozen is overexposed at this point.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You're over-exposed!

4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The weird thing that some people have about "hating something popular BECAUSE it's popular" makes no sense to me. That's the whole point of life actually, to be as successful as possible. That fact a film, or TV show, or book, or comic, etc becomes extremely popular, and remains popular, merely shows that the creators did something RIGHT!!

I still think that BH6 is perfectly suited for a TV show, or at least a film sequel. In fact, it practically screams for one.

Gamiel likes this.
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Just let it go. :p

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    its not weird, unless you're suggesting everyone should like everything that's popular. If you don't like something that is popular, it's no surprise you'll consider it overexposed.

8. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Well, for those who do like Tangled over Frozen, at the very least, Tangled was recently revealed to be one of the new worlds in Kingdom Hearts III.

9. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Guys, guys! Clearly Star Wars is best Disney movie. :p

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Inside Out gets ranked 5th best Pixar movie between Toy Story 3 (#6) and Monsters Inc.( #4) by a local reviewer. Very nice countdown too, though I'd have had Wall-E higher.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=11467124

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Definitely looking forward to Inside Out. Shame I gotta wait until August.

Interesting rankings in that article. Here's my personal ranking, and will change when Inside Out comes, well, out.

1. Toy Story 3
    2. Up
    3. The Incredibles
    4. WALL-E
    5. Ratatouille
    6. Toy Story 2
    7. Monsters Inc
    8. Toy Story
    9. Brave
    10. Finding Nemo
    11. Monsters University
    12. A Bug's Life
    13. Cars
    14. Cars 2

Among the many Toy Story theories I've seen is that Emily, Jessie's original owner, is actually Andy's mom.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    So because of a recent event happening on a certain day, some folks on the ever reliable Tumblr made this:

[​IMG]

I suppose Lilo and Stitch's message is apt.

lbr789 and Diggy like this.
  13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Inside Out was amazing. So many feels! Also, a compelling story without having a villain. Also, the animated short at the beginning? Still a better love story than Twilight :p

14. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Gah, I won't be able to watch Inside Out until August, so hearing all these positive reviews is making me sick. If the movie will be talked about here, guess I better clear out for a while.

15. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I loved Inside Out. I'd been looking forward to it for a long time and was worried I'd raised my expectations too high, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and want to see it again.

Triple Dent Gum! LOL!

I thought it was interesting how the different teams of Emotions were organized. Joy was definitely considered the team leader for Riley. But for Riley's mom, Sadness seemed to be the leader, and Anger for Riley's dad. The Emotions worked together a lot more cooperatively in the adults, which makes sense, but I was fascinated by the detail and what the different Emotion leaders implied for the human characters and their personalities.

The part at the very end (at the beginning of the end credits) when they showed the Emotion teams for several of the supporting characters was great. It's been a week and I'm still laughing about the cat, because it's so true!

...Triple Dent Gum...

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I am just rewatching Lilo & Stitch and something I totally missed the first time I saw it is that Nani have a Mulan poster on her wall.

17. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Just sat down to watch Beauty and the Beast for the first time ever. Bought my daughter the 3D BluRay for birthday.

JEDI-RISING and Ghost like this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

You are in for a treat!

19. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Grab Iello and some popcorn and come over! I'll put a few more beers in the fridge!

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  20. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Wow, that was tremendous. I had seen the musical version on Broadway years ago, so I knew the basic story, but the movie was tremendous, and the 3D and general overhaul for BluRay was absolutely gorgeous. Great music, tremendous voice actors (Detective Briscoe! Major Winchester!)

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Rewatched the Hunchback of Notre Dame recently. Such a great film, with loads of depth.

I wish Disney still made 2D animations.

Force Smuggler, Ghost and PCCViking like this.
  22. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Just got back from Inside Out. One of the better ones in a long time.

23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I just got back from Inside Out, I went with my 7 year old nephew,my mom, and my dad. The movie hit an emotional cord with me because my family just moved to Port Charlotte Florida from Frederick MD, I totally could relate to the core memories and was thinking about all of mine in my 34 year old life. My family loved the movie and all left in tears, my only complaint, that there was not a post credits scene but I loved the short Lava!!!

Darth Xalfrea likes this.
  24. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i love Disney movies. i finally saw Frozen a couple of months ago and i actually felt it was overrated.

25. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    do you mean underrated because you said you love Disney Movies ? I loved Frozen but see no need for a sequel.