main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    I say the stuff they announced and shown so far has evened out:

Disney: Looking forward to Giants and Moana, not so much on Zootopia.

Pixar: Looking forward to Finding Dory, Coco, and Riley's First Date, not so much on The Good Dinosaur and Toy Story 4.

So far D23's off to a good start, and it's still not done yet.

2. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    At D23 this morning:

Will Turner officially confirmed to return in Pirates 5.

A short trailer for Pete’s Dragon plays, and it’s being played less as whimsy and more as a creepy mystery. That’s an interesting choice. Lots of shots of Pete looking a hell of a lot like the kid from The Road Warrior, lots of lush green New Zealand standing in for Oregon.

“The man Walt Disney would take the old mythic stories, but he also loved technology, you think about Disneyland, at the time that was cutting edge technology. Like Pixar, taking cutting edge technology and applying it to those old stories was a formula for success and it’s one we’re trying to honor here.” Favreau on his Jungle Book. “I was born in 66, this movie came out in 67, it’s been with me all my life…”

3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    good grief another Pirate's movie

remember when Depp wanted to be a serious actor?

4. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    Right now he's on stage in character throwing grapes into the audience.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    there's not a live feed anywhere is there?

7. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
  8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  11. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Eh, except for the Marvel and Star Wars stuff, not too excited for Disney's live-action slate.

12. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    I like Jon Favreau's Jungle Book, and Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson. What's not to love?

PCCViking likes this.
  13. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Huh, just found out Toy Story 4 is supposed to be a romance and... is bringing back Bo Peep?! Huh, now I'm really excited for that sequel and am now sad its still a couple of years away. I was going to see it on release day anyway (Pixar, Toy Story, almost guaranteed to be another hit), but less worried about yet another Toy Story movie. Her absence (and brief mention) was one of the sadder moments in Toy Story 3.

14. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    So the videogame stuff at D23 is going on right now, and this was just dropped for Kingdom Hearts III

[​IMG]

15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Moana, Gigantic, and the Day of the Dead movie all sound quite interesting. I like the promo art as well. BATB and TJB sound like they could be pretty good. Not to enthused about another Pirates movie, but I'll go see it just for Geoffrey Rush and Javier Bardem (love those two as actors). And maybe this one will finally recapture the magic of the first one.

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  17. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    [/quote]

Kid won't be smiling so much when the noxious atmosphere hits his face and he's unconscious in 20 seconds.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Looking forward to Moana and the Inside Out short coming out.

Very unsure about the Pixar sequels, will have to watch the panel videos to see.

Little interest in Good Dinosaur or Zootopia.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Darth Xalfrea likes this.
  19. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Does anyone Know when the Trailer to The Jungle Book will come out to the Public Officially?

I really want to see it!

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's scheduled for Thanksgiving, attached to The Good Dinisaur.

21. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
  22. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Just got back from Pixar's Inside Out.

Thank you Pixar for showing (and reminding) us why you're such a powerhouse.

After a rather dry spell with the awful Cars 2, the uneven Brave, and the mixed Monsters University, Inside Out once again shows us how Pixar works best when it turns simple ideas into high concepts. A masterful mixture of story, characters, animation, and of course emotions, is perfectly blended to create what I feel is Pixar's best standalone movie. To find any bad in this movie to me is nitpicking. I can't think of anything I didn't particularly disliked. I loved all of it.

I definitely recommend it for everyone to see, though I implore parents who will bring their kids to try and keep them well behaved. One annoying, noisy kid nearly ruined it for me, and I'm very thankful that the movie was so good that it was able to keep my attention and drown out distractions.

I'm still sorting out through my thoughts, but Inside Out did so much with such a little concept that I feel to give it anything less than 5/5 would be a disservice. It is a great, fun and very unique insight and interpretation into the human mind.

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Wow, I didn't realize there was anybody who saw it later than I did.

But yes, it's probably my favorite Pixar film now.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I still haven't seen Inside Out. I meant to see it in theaters, but it looks like I'll be catching on home video.

25. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Philippines got it late and only this Wednesday, and I believe it's not out yet in a few countries in Asia.

As said pages back, Inside Out's inclusion changes my Pixar list a bit, by putting it at my #1 with Toy Story 3 as now my two favorite Pixar movies. Key difference being that Toy Story 3 is my best Pixar sequel movie, Inside Out is my best Pixar standalone movie.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to comment on Lava. Again, it takes a very simple idea and makes something out of it. And while it's pretty much essentially a love song set to sweeping ocean and volcanic facial scenery, it has enough heart to really make you love it. As far as the standalone Pixar shorts go, my favorite is Day & Night. My favorite movie-related short is BURN-E. I'm really interested in seeing Sanjay's Super Team that will be attached to The Good Dinosaur, and now that I've seen Inside Out, I'm anticipating Riley's First Date even more.

Iron_lord likes this.