main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    The Good Dinosaur is going to be a giant turd.

2. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    While I wouldn't go that far, I will admit that I'm not quite as excited and I'm not fidgeting in my seat in anticipation for it.

Some feel Inside Out to be the grand return of Pixar. And while I feel that it is a gigantic triumph, to paraphrase Ratatouille, "Though I, like some others others, have been disappointed with Pixar since Cars 2, Inside Out was a revelation. A simple, yet complex viewing experience. Against all odds, Pixar has recaptured our attention. Only time will tell if they deserve it."

After The Good Dinosaur, it's back to sequels with Finding Dory, Toy Story 4, The Incredibles 2, and Cars 3, and Coco in-between. We shall see, Pixar. We shall see...

3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I wish I had been able to attend the D23 Expo. They reportedly had some footage from Beauty and the Beast. People who were there reportedly have said it looks fantastic so far. After Spectre and The Force Awakens, Beauty and the Beast is the one movie I'm looking forward to the most (more than really the others that are released next year).

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm more interested in The Jungle Book than I'd thought I'd be as well. Oh and Incredibles 2 of course. That's a sequel that I've been waiting for for a LONG time.

5. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Just finished writing my full review of Inside Out.

http://couchci.blogspot.com/2015/08/cinema-inside-out.html

And it really got me thinking, moreso than Toy Story, about the existential questions that this movie raises. Namely...

Why is Riley's mom's main emotion Sadness? Why's the dad's Anger? Do the multi-gender emotions of Riley indicate how much she sees herself as a tomboy despite the director's denial? Do all minds start out simple and change their layout later on? Where do the other body functions fit into the equation? Could there be more emotions? Do some minds not have all 5 emotions? How would the emotions react when there's bodily contact between two people? Are the emotions aware that there are 5 similar beings inside other people's minds? Are the emotions immortal since Joy didn't fade into oblivion in the Memory Dump? What happens when someone gets amnesia? What happens when someone gets brain damage? What happens when someone gets brain surgery? What happens when someone...dies?

God, this is intense.

Iron_lord, Thumper09 and Gamiel like this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    ...and in charge of Xalfrea's brain console...

[​IMG]

Am I right in thinking Riley is the only human we see with both genders for emotions?

Darth Xalfrea likes this.
  7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Maybe it's because she's a kid?

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    If so, Anger and Fear are in for a surprise when they hit the
    Puberty button.

9. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Contrary to what the director says, I'm in agreement with others that it could perhaps be because Riley at that age is a tomboy. Begs the question of what'll happen later on though.

And actually, going by the way Inside Out portrayed it, it's interesting to look at yourself from, well, the inside out, and see which among the 5 emotions dominates you, your own personality islands, etc.

10. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

I think it's dependent on the person's personality. Riley is still growing up, so that is probably why her emotions are "mixed." Even though Riley's mom has "Sadness" as her primary emotion, you'll notice that's not as down and sad as Riley's, and the father's Anger emotion controls his anger better than Riley's Anger. Then you have the bus driver, whose emotions are all in the shape of Anger.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    And that to me is one of the reasons why Inside Out is so good. Even after you've seen the movie, it raises so many questions in a good way about just how much this works, and the various psychological implications of it. It makes you want to watch it again in order to see what you missed or looking at things now with the benefit of hindsight.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  13. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    wow that's a lot. although i can do without the direct to video sequels

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It's not listed on Amazon so it is suspect. However, I wouldn't put it pass Disney to put out a box set like that.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They're finally catching up to Torrents.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Wait, sorry, definitely not legit. The Simpsons Movie is included in there, as is Tom and Jerry...

17. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I still think Hugh Jackman is the perfect choice of Beast in Beauty and Beast.

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    He's too old.

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Along with Open Season and The Croods.....

20. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

He was Gaston in the Australian production of Beauty and the Beast.

Gamiel likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    He do have the physics for it.

22. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I know, I think he's kinda the mixture of a prince and a beast.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Him and Emma Watson together is so ish.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I think the age difference between Jackman and Watson is too big that could be easily considered creepy.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well they could always get Ron Perlman as the Beast, and then the film would give off unintentional but bizarre The City of Lost Children vibes.

Gamiel likes this.