main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i'm going to go see it. i wonder if i should try the 3d this time

2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I saw Jungle Book today and...

it's not an outright musical, but Baloo sings Bear Necessities and King Louie sings "I Wanna Be Like You", although both songs were shorter and not as extravagant as in the animated version. "Trust in Me" is sung during the end credits.

And Idris Elba for the voice of Darth Vader if/when James Earl Jones no longer voices the character. He has the same deep, imposing presence that Jones has.

3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i saw it. i should have done the 3D. real good film. i'm surprised how the time flew by. some scary scenes in there compared to the cartoon. might be a big much for very little kids, idk
    minor spoilers:

strange how large they made kind louie. i also wonder given the end of the movie if they might be thinking sequel. also...Kaa (scarlett johansen) wasn't in the movie very much compared to the cartoon, but surprised me she was the one singing over the end credits.

4. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    My children are 5 and 2 and both love the cartoon. I was thinking of taking them to this...

5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The sequel was already greenlit. I'm sure they were thinking franchise here from the start.

6. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
  7. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Judging by the attendance at the local AMC, I believe it.

8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Is this the right thread for this? Not sure, but just had to express my sadness over this news. Alan Young, who I mostly remember as the voice of Scrooge McDuck, is dead at the age of 96. :( :_| Oh well, he was ancient (even at the time of Ducktales he wasn't young, I think), but I am still amazed he was still voicing Scrooge occasionally, like for the Ducktales Remastered game (must finish that someday).

Especially with the Ducktales reboot coming up, been thinking about that old cartoon (along with the Life and Times of Scrooge being reprinted this year). Not that he would have voiced Scrooge there, not at his age, but still.

RIP, he was a fantastic (voice) actor.

Ghost and Gamiel like this.
  9. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Supposedly, there's going to be a teaser for Beauty and the Beast coming out next week, perhaps attached to Alice Through the Looking Glass, but don't quote me on that.

In August, the Pete's Dragon remake comes out. I wonder if it will continue a pattern the other live action remakes (starting with Maleficent) have had: at least one song from the original being sung during the end credits. If so, I think the song they would choose would be "Candle on the Water." None of the other songs from the original Pete's Dragon would make sense, given the context of what the teaser showed.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Beauty and the Beast Official US Teaser Trailer

So, the most of the footage in the teaser trailer doesn't do much for the excitement for this film. However, the voice overs and the closing shot does. <cue emojis> :D=D=

11. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

It's a little more than I expected, but less than what I had hoped. I cynically expected Disney to do what they did for their Cinderella teaser and just show the rose (with just the glass slipper for the first Cinderella teaser).

In any case, I expect we'll see a more substantial trailer with either Pete's Dragon or Moana.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I have something in my eye.

13. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    The MUSIC!

PCCViking likes this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So, I think Beauty and the Beast is probably going to reassert its place as my favorite Disney animated film now that Frozen has worn off a bit. But as a consequence, I wasn't that excited for the live action movie because Cinderella was mostly -- there? It had nice costuming and sets and was entertaining enough, but for me it was mostly just a bonus feature to Frozen Fever :p

But after hearing the music, I'm ready for this. I don't expect it'll be anything like the animated film, that's an impossible bar to reach, but I'll happily watch it and I think, enjoy it, if they're treating it the way they should -- with the right amount of reverence but also with some ingenuity and creativity to do something different. Basically, as long as it doesn't royally suck or disgrace the source material (which is obviously the Disney film and not necessarily the underlying fairy tale) then I'll be pleased enough.

Boba_Fett_2001 and yankee8255 like this.
  15. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I'm a long-time Disney fan (if you were to define my childhood through movies, the short answer would be "animated Disney VHSes"). I like most of their output, although, because of my age, I have the most fondness for the 90's Renaissance era. Despite that, my favorite is Treasure Planet (despite thinking that Lion King is the greatest animated movie made period).

But after hearing the music, I'm ready for this. I don't expect it'll be anything like the animated film, that's an impossible bar to reach, but I'll happily watch it and I think, enjoy it, if they're treating it the way they should -- with the right amount of reverence but also with some ingenuity and creativity to do something different. Basically, as long as it doesn't royally suck or disgrace the source material (which is obviously the Disney film and not necessarily the underlying fairy tale) then I'll be pleased enough.

Forgot that they're doing a live-action Beauty and the Beast. Maybe this version will be written to avoid being fodder for Stockholm jokes? ;) The original was good, but it's never been among my top favorites.

The live action Cinderella wasn't bad. Liked the depth they gave Lady Tremaine. But it really seemed redundant to the original cartoon version. I really didn't like the Frozen Fever short (and I'm saying this as someone who likes the original movie, even if Let it Go is as overrated as heck). It was pretty much just a showcase for a song that didn't hold a candle to anything in the original movie (although the Prince Hans joke was great). Hope the sequel movie is good.

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I still doubt Emma Watson's skill to make a good chemistry with the Beast. B&B got far much more interaction between the couple than most of the other Disney Fairy Tales.

17. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I've been in a mood to watch/rewatch some of the live action films of the 50s 60s and 70s.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    To tell you what a huge fan I am of Beauty and the Beast, that was the first trailer, of any kind, I've chosen to watch (with genuine interest), for any movie, in...idk how long. Months? I mean, I might watch two or three trailers a year. I never watched the trailer for TFA, for example.

You allowed Frozen to overtake Beauty and the Beast?

Have you no class?

And by class, I mean this:
    [​IMG]

The class of grace and decency, not birth.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    B&TB is probably one of my least favorite Disney movies, but it was fantastic on Broadway when I saw it back in 1999. I will admit that I love that part in the movie when the bookcase or dresser kills that one guy.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Call me when the make a live-action of Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Lilo & Stich, Home on the Range, or The Gods of Mars

darskpine10 likes this.
  22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

I would totally be down for a live action Atlantis or Treasure Planet.

WebLurker and Gamiel like this.
  23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    While I know what you mean, I still think this trend of reboots is a tad pointless when you have the original animated movies, which are generally more beautiful than any live action could be.

But yeah, Atlantis would definitely work in Live action.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I just bought Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-Ray and it looks beautiful in HD!

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Lion King is my favorite, B&B is probably the 2nd place. Too bad they ruined Little Mermaid.