main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I actually loved the 2015 version of Cinderella except for the Cronenberg/Dr. Moreau body horror segments involving the manimals helping her to the Ball.

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think the Fairy Godmother was a miscast, that's all.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My niece liked Cinderella.

I dunno, maybe I'm just stuck in my ways, I have not gotten too interested in live action versions of Disney animated fairy tales. Not to say it couldn't happen.

4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I think it was ok, at least it didn't TWIST the tale like many other fairy tale movies, including Disney's own.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I love Beauty and the Beast and it has special place in my heart as it was the movie me and my wife saw on our first date. I believe I still have the ticket stub. We wanted to see the play, but it only had a short run of two weeks in San Francisco and couldn't make any of the shows. We'll be sure to watch the live action film.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Padme would have been the perfect choice for Belle if it was 10 years ago.

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    No.

I think Natalie Portman is an android. I feel like I can see through her face, down to the cold metal underneath.

8. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Cinderella was "meh" for me, but that just might be because I don't care much for that story in-general. That's probably why Ever After with Drew Barrymore is my favorite take on it, because that's the only version that I find truly interesting personally. But that's more of a personal taste issue, technically the 2015 movie was done well (and one place where it DID do better for my was making the Stepmother more of an interesting/fleshed-out character, plus Cate Blanchett is just awesome in general).

The Jungle Book really good. And, as someone who adores BATB (I saw it when I was like three and it's been my personal favorite Disney film ever since), of course I'm going to see this. The teaser hit me right in the nostalgia/"feels."

9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

My family and I saw it in San Francisco the summer of 2000.

Thrawn082: Yes, Cate Blanchett was excellent, but the original voice actress (who also voiced Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty), was very sinister.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

Not really.

But her decoy...

PCCViking likes this.
  11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Keira Knightley looks too similar, can't tell the difference.

12. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Keira Knightley is the one that can act

PCCViking likes this.
  13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I really hope they could make a Swan Lake movie, animated or Live action are both fine.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Speaking of twists, the Disney YA series "A Twisted Tale" is interesting -- I've not yet finished reading the second one, but the first one is a fun political Aladdin AU with the premise that Jafar is able to retain the lamp (Abu doesn't steal it) and takes over early. So Jasmine has to become an anti-Jafar revolutionary, etc. Fun way to both capitalize on nostalgia of an older audience (though it's aimed at teens, not actually the generation that grew up with Aladdin) while offering something new.

First of all, the reason I love Frozen so much is because it reasserts the paramount importance of royalty and birth. We've allowed ourselves to forget.

Nevertheless, I don't think you can doubt that I'm also quite aware of the central meaning of BatB as well -- namely the importance of royal and aristocratic graces over boorish peasantry.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Really, because I thought that they both stressed "not judging a book by it's cover," and that the "handsome hero" could actually turn out be the evil jerk. And they both have "unconventional love stories" as well. ;)

16. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    With the Netflix deal starting in September does anyone know if the back catalogue of films will be included?

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, obviously you have to read the book to find out whether it's something of substance or if it's actually not even a book.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

18. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

the Jungle Book was really good IMHO ! although the only non animated thing in the movie was Mowgli ...
    my sister, mom and nephew saw it in the AMC at Disney Springs, it had recliners, and they brought food to them like at a restaurant ! I am so jealous I wish I could have gone, Instead I went to a Normal Regal without an I-Max :(

Gamiel likes this.
  19. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Padme501st and Ghost like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Cue in arguments over who should play Ariel and who is too old to play Ariel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    There's already a Universal production of Little Mermaid, and I think Chloe Grace Moretz is set to star in it.

22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    How about a live-action Meet the Robinsons? Its a perfect story for a green-screen movie. :p At least as long as it didn't turn out like Tomorrowland.

Beauty and the Beast remains my favorite Disney movie ever, but I'm still not too interested in the live action version. Bad enough Once Upon a Time combined it with a couple other stories in a never-ending soap opera.

I might have watched Cinderella to catch Frozen Fever, but I'm glad I didn't, considering it showed up on Netflix relatively fast. With the recent news, I'm curious to see how much Disney stuff shows up on Netflix by the end of the year. Movies like Treasure Planet (another underrated favorite), Dumbo, Atlantis, etc. used to be on Netflix but are gone by now. Note to self, watch Roger Rabbit and Hercules a few more times before that's taken off too.

Though I wish sometimes they would publish those shorts faster. I'm still trying to figure out where Monsters University Party Central is (not on Itunes), unless they're saving that for another Pixar shorts collection. It was shown before Muppets Most Wanted, but its not on that Bluray.

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Lots of Disney Channel Original movies are going to air starting Friday morning...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/caseyrackh...dule-is-here?utm_term=.taZokvYMmR#.ohnVpN3DyZ

24. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Apparently, the Beauty and the Beast teaser had 91.8 million views during the first 24 hours online, breaking the record set by TFA's trailer.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Never underestimate the power of Disney. Seriously, Disney owns Star Wars.

I showed my wife the teaser trailer for Beauty and the Beast yesterday and she's so excited for the film and bummed that she has to wait until next March. As soon as the piano keys started playing the theme song, my wife broke out into the song. It seems like perfect casting for the film.

I saw online that a young Amy Adams would have been perfect for Ariel, the Little Mermaid. But that's not going to happen.