main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    no his father is Rocky Johnson-a pro wrestler, real name Wayde Douglas Bowles. He was a african- canadian who's family immigrated from the U.S. He's always been described as black/african american.
    His mother's name is Ata, daughter of Peter Maivia, another pro wrestler

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

Rocky was most likely his Wrestling Stage name,
    [​IMG]
    Looks Like Maori Symbol Tatoos on his Chest? and Like I said even If he Is Canadian might not be his Ancestory and he looks like he might not be straight African American Like Jeter one of his parents was Black the other who knows? maybe south pacific Amcestory?

3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

what is wrong about what I said? because I am politically correct about heritage?

5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    oh I just caught that you gave his name, " Wayde Douglas Bowles" so my main point was even if he is not from the islands like I read on wikapedia his mom Is Samoan and having a Mom who is Samoan I am sure she had an accent ergo why Dewayne Johnson sounds like he might be Hawaiian we are all just mixing up Hawaiian and Samoan:p it appears I was wrong on his dad, foiled by wikapedia yet again, my bad. :( but his dad kind of looks like one of his parents was black and the other was white, kind of like Derek Jeter?

6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    has no one else seen Finding Dory?

7. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Nope, not yet.

I did recently get a chance to see Zootopia for the first time (regret missing it in theaters) and liked it a lot.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I saw Zootopia in the theater and I loved it, my sister took her kids to see Zootopia in a good discount theater earlier in the week they all loved it and my sister made her kids stay for the credits because I always stay for the credits and stress how the credits are a part of the film and to skip the credits is a waste of money.

9. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Marvel movies have trained me to stay to the end in case there's a bonus scene at the end. While there wasn't one for Zootopia, I did like that the first part of the credits and first song were integrated into the movie, with the characters attending a concert. It was more interesting than just plain credits and gave us one last bit with the characters that kind of suggested what happened after the movie was done. I also liked that they used it to visually show who played what character, since I wouldn't have been able to tell who was who from the names alone in many cases with the supporting characters.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    There is something similar with Dory, in that you're entertained for the first few minutes of the credits. It was also an in joke.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    There was some of that song and dance thing too at the beginning of the credits of the recent live action Jungle Book.

Diggy likes this.
  12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

for a movie like star wars you have that great music in the credits as well and I like to see If the movie has the Lucasfilm Marin County California Logo I have actually been to the front Gate, 5858 Lucas Valley Road so seeing the Lucasfilms Logo and Marin County California Address It just Is really cool! I also like seeing where a Film Is made and who it is dedicated to!

13. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So he'll be hitting the internet, eh?

15. Onli-Wan Kannoli

Onli-Wan Kannoli Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2016
    Shortly after the first Wreck-It Ralph came out I remember Rich Moore talked about having the sequel deal with console games as opposed to the arcade. I dunno how to feel about the internet plot.

16. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I took my kids to see it last week. My daughter (5) enjoyed it. My son (2), not quite so much. Zootopia was his first theater experience, and he sat through that entire film from start to finish, which encouraged me to take him to this film for his second theater experience. But Finding Dory just wasn't as exciting and engrossing as Zootopia, so I spent the better part of the film trying to convince him to stay in his seat.

That said, I didn't take much away from this film either. Is it as disappointing as the Cars sequels? No. But it's not as good as Pixar's classics either. It seems like little more than an easy cash-in exercise. There were enjoyable moments, sure, but the film just couldn't keep me engaged from start to finish...so I can't really blame my son for pointing out the same flaws.

17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Why isn't Finding Dory out until the end of July in the UK? I don't understand when it's already out in America.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's when school holidays start.

19. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
  20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Like I said my family loved Finding Dory and it is getting critical acclaim from the media and fans alike sorry to hear you did not like it I have loved every Pixar movie except the cars ones. I am a Pixar Fanboy though, and today we are seeing the BFG we are leaving around 9 AM the show starts at 10 AM

I don't mean this in a rude way but are you the type of Star Wars fanboy that critiques every aspect of star wars or any film you see in a negative way? If so may be that has rubbed off on your son? me on the other hand I am a homer and basically enjoy almost everything I see!

21. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

I don't know if I could say I'm a Star Wars fanboy. But I am critical of films. As for my son being critical of the film, he's only two years old. It just wasn't holding his interest like some other films do (Zootopia, How to Train Your Dragon, Frozen, Monsters, Inc.).

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  23. Onli-Wan Kannoli

Onli-Wan Kannoli Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2016
    I did, though I didn't care for it. I enjoyed Finding Nemo well enough, but it's one of my least favorite Pixar films, which may have something to do with it.

I also preferred having Dory's "...where are they?" being a funny throwaway line, not the catalyst for a 90 minute movie.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    wait a minute, you are on a star wars message board and you are not a Fanboyo_O
    I thought everybody on here was a star wars fanboy? but on another note, I just got back from The BFG and my entire family really liked It I even made my 8 year old nephew stay for the entire credits! I love how attention to detail Spielberg Is with his films, how he decorates the sets, the Cinematography, just how Spielberg frames the shots and moves the camera, just like classic Spielberg here! John Williams score was beautiful, It reminded me of the original Harry Potter score! I have never read the book so I don't know how true a telling it was but there was a hilarious Farting scene well there was actually two hilarious farting scenes. personally I had no problem with these scenes when not over done I feel farting scenes can be hilarious!!! and the magical way it was done in the movie was cute and funny and had me my dad and my nephew in stitches! again haven't read the book don't know if the farting scene was in there, anyone who has read the book please feel free to chime in here? when the movie ended the theater of about 20 people or so gave a round of applause. also no post credits scene wasn't sure on that because it was a Disney film but like I said no post credits scene.

one more thing I was thinking about after the film, yet again Spielberg gets a phenomenal performance out of a Child, Spielberg is great with kids! and Rylance did awesome with the motion capture and his acting was top notch!

back to finding Dory, the only thing I was thinking in the theater that I didn't like was how unbelievable it was how the fish jumped from container to container or fish tank to fish tank but then I sat back in my theater chair and said, "IT IS JUST A MOVIE AND THEY DID THAT IN THE FIRST FILM IN THE DENTIST OFFICE" my family all reiterated those same points to me after we saw the movie so we were all in agreeance and when you think about it that way Finding Dory is right up there with Finding Nemo!

25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    apparently Flatulence has been in literature since the time of Shakespeare may be well before,
    just found this on the net somewhere with an excerpt from the BFG Book,

[​IMG] Victoria Patterson says:
    November 17, 2011 at 12:25 pm
    Kid books address farts far more than adult book. This reminded me of Roald Dahl–an author my kids love–and his book The BFG (Big Friendly Giant). The giants believe burps are disgusting, and they love farting. They drink frobscottle, which makes the bubbles go down, instead of up. This passage says it all:
    “With frobscottle,” Sophie said, “the bubbles in your tummy will be going downwards and that could have a far nastier result.”
    “Why nasty?” asked the BFG, frowning.
    “Because,” Sophie said, blushing a little, “if they go down instead of up, they’ll be coming out somewhere else with an even louder and ruder noise.”
    “A whizzpopper!” cried the BFG, beaming at her. “Us giants is making whizzpoppers all the time! Whizzpopping is a sign of happiness. It is music in our ears! You surely is not telling me that a little whizzpopping is forbidden among human beans?”
    “It is considered extremely rude,” Sophie said.
    “But you is whizzpopping, is you not, now and again?” asked the BFG.
    “Everyone is whizzpopping, if that’s what you call it,” Sophie said. “Kings and Queens are whizzpopping. Presidents are whizzpopping. Glamorous film stars are whizzpopping. Little babies are whizzpopping. But where I come from, it is not polite to talk about it.”
    “Redunculous!” said the BFG. “If everyone is making whizpoppers, then why not talk about it? We is now having a swiggle of this delicious frobscottle and you will see the happy result.” The BFG shook the bottle vigorously. The pale green stuff fizzed and bubbled. He removed the cork and took a tremendous gurgling swig.
    “It’s glummy!” he cried. “I love it!”
    For a few moments, the Big Friendly Giant stood quite still, and a look of absolute ecstasy began to spread over his long wrinkly face. Then suddenly the heavens opened and he let fly with a series of the loudest and rudest noises Sophie had ever heard in her life. They reverberated around the walls of the cave like thunder and the glass jars rattled on their shelves. But most astonishing of all, the force of the explosions actually lifted the enormous giant clear off his feet, like a rocket.
    “Whoopee!” he cried, when he came down to earth again. “Now that is whizzpopping for you!”