main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Indy doesn't wear blue and isn't an animated character.

Anyway, it's Eugene from Tangled.

[​IMG]

2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
  3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Just discovered this video and wow is it beautiful. The editing is phenomenal!

The only complaints I have are a lack of Rescuers Down Under, and the inclusion of 3D digital animation alongside the traditional 2D, which just feels a bit jarring together. Still a really great video though.

WebLurker and Gamiel like this.
  4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Having finally finished watching my Disney marathon, I feel ready to rank them. I watched every animated Disney movie from Pocahontas to Brother Bear (Sans Fantasia 2000 and Dinosaur). The only reason I didn't go all the way to Home on the Range was because I watched it fairly recently.

11. Hercules
    A fun film, but felt a bit lacking and cliched. The songs weren't amazing, and Hercules himself was a bit generic. Hades was fun though.

10. Tarzan
    Starts off relatively weak, the young Tarzan segments feel kind of pointless and the animal sidekicks feel disposable. Gets better once Tarzan begins interacting with the humans.

9. Home on the Range
    Has some funny moments, and I liked the simplistic style. The voice acting was pretty nice too. Editing of action scenes was a bit eclectic though.

8. Mulan
    Some very good animation, especially on the characters. The story kind of loses steam after the avalanche to me, and is a bit slow to start. Mushu also feels out of place, but at least he's fun enough.

7. Pocahontas
    A predictable story, but with great thematic symbolism. The music is really great as well.

6. The Emperor's New Groove
    A great parody of Disney's usual output, with a small memorable cast, especially the villains.

5. Brother Bear
    Has probably the most gorgeous landscape animation of the lot, wit the beautiful North American vistas being breathtaking. The animation, characters and music make up for the generic story.

4. Lilo and Stitch
    Probably the most emotional of these films to me, with so many heartrending moments. The varied characters are all really fun, and the Hawaiian setting makes for a unique environment. The 2 Hawaiian songs are both really nice too.

3. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    The Disney movie with the most 'mature' story and themes, dealing with everything from racism, to organised religion, to disabilities. Great music too. The only weak part are the Gargoyles, which really jar with the rest of the film.

2. Treasure Planet
    My sentimental favourite since childhood, has beautiful space visuals, and impressive CG blending on Silver. The inventive action scenes like the anti-gravity fight are really great.

1. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
    A phenomenal piece of art, with the best design work of any Disney film. I love the varied characters, stunning visuals, and themes of greed and power. The music is great too, with a variety of styles, like Indonesian bells, chanting, industrial sounds and exciting action. The blending of CG and traditional animation is also at its best here. I consider it the best animated film of all time.

Force Smuggler and PCCViking like this.
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I just redeemed my Fandango $25.00 gift card I got from my Aunt, I am seeing Pete's Dragon on Tuesday and have a print at home Ticket! on the ticket it says I bring it to the ticket taker...

6. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I haven't seen the new Pete's Dragon yet, but from what I've heard, it will snap a streak that the recent live action remakes have done, starting with Maleficent: a new version of at least one song from the original movie being sung during the end credits, despite the remakes not being musicals.

Maleficent-Once Upon A Dream (a more haunting version)
    Cinderella-A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes, Bippity Boppity Boo
    The Jungle Book-I Wanna Be Like You, Trust In Me, Bear Necessities

Now, going by what we know of the new Pete's Dragon, even if they had elected to have a new version of one of the songs sung, not all of them would have been appropriate. However, there are a couple that could have made their way in (It's Not Easy, and possibly Candle on the Water, even though there's no lighthouse in this version).

7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

It Is is less of a remake and more of a reimagining, my sister and her 8 year old son saw it and loved it! my sister tells me it is a tear jerker right from the first scene.

Disney got Tim Burton to make a sequel to Marry Poppins, that should be interesting!

PCCViking likes this.
  8. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Is Tim Burton actually directing the sequel to Mary Poppins? He's doing Dumbo, but I thought someone else was going to direct the Mary Poppins sequel.

9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

that's what my sister told me don't shoot the messenger?

10. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

I guess we'll see whether he is doing the Mary Poppins sequel. :)

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

There haven't been any ****** unwatchable sequels period in at least that long. The last ones that got a theatrical release were Return to Neverland and The Jungle Book 2.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Is that Black Hole remake moving forward anytime soon?

13. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Don't know. Jungle Book 2 was pretty awful, all things considered. Return to Neverland wasn't too bad, IMHO.

Valency Jane likes this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why have not this been posted here already?

seventhbeacon likes this.
  15. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    That new trailer is even more awesome than the first! Finally a New Era Disney Animated film that can rival Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph for awesomeness! (Note: I still consider Pixar its own thing, as so few films can rival it. Also, I haven't seen Zootopia yet but it did look really good... I just didn't want to have to see people dressed in furry costumes at the theater and then it was out of the theaters before I realized!)

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Tangled isn't "New Era Disney"?

17. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

It is. I was attempting to convey, amongst the new breed of Disney films, I've yet to see one I loved as much as Tangled. I hold Tangled in quality right up there with Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and Lion King, though to date no main Disney animated feature has topped Lion King, in my opinion.

Valency Jane likes this.
  18. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016

The most metal thing Disney ever created. Seriously, it's between this, Maleficent's transformation and the Horned King from The Black Cauldron and his undead armies.

Valency Jane likes this.
  19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    wasnt A Disney/Netflix deal supposed to go into effect in September? does anyone know if that is still happening and if so what date in September?

@seventhbeacon

Zootopia Is an awesome film and I actually saw it in the theater with my 8 year old nephew, and my parents came along to we absolutely loved it and I just got it on Blu-Ray and watched it with my nephew yesterday! Big Hero Six was awesome as well and I saw that In the theater as well! Fall Out Boy did a few songs for BHS I am not a big fan of FOB but It worked for the film...

Ezio Skywalker and seventhbeacon like this.
  20. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

I'm definitely going to make a point to see it/buy it by the end of the year! And yeah, I really enjoyed Big Hero Six too! In fact, the only movie I didn't enjoy was Frozen, probably partly because people talked it up so much that when I finally saw it I was like.... "that's it? that's the big deal?" Though Olaf was my favorite and from the initial teaser trailer I thought I was going to hate the crap out of him, haha.

Valency Jane likes this.
  21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I like Frozen because the musical aspect reminded me of Disney Musicals from the 90's like The Little Mermaid, Beauty And The Beast, and Aladdin and such and I love movies like that!

22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    what do you guys think of the Michael Giaccino Zootopia soundtrack? I love it!

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I just noticed they are all Jedi in the pick, my bad, double my bad, Indiana Jones Is Disney now.
    [​IMG]

24. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Sure. It's not my favorite score he's done, but, then again, he doesn't do bad work either.

25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Probably True on all accounts, not his best but he hasn't done a bad score! by the way I love your Ninja Turtles Avatar!!!