main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Thanks.

2. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
  3. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

Interesting. Wonder if the animals will be CGI and talk like in Favreau's Jungle Book, or be live-action with voiceovers, like Homeward Bound.

I'd have to say that Lion King is the greatest animated Disney movie made (save for Fantasia), so it'll be interesting to see how the remake stacks up.

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I might have been against this before The Jungle Book but after seeing that I'm actually pretty excited to see what they do with this one. It is a daunting task though, The Lion King is one of those really beloved movies.

Ghost and Valency Jane like this.
  5. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    The Lion King is perhaps my favorite Disney film. This is as sacrilegious as rebooting Back to the Future.

ewoksimon and Valency Jane like this.
  6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    That's not Indy. It's Flynn Rider.

Valency Jane likes this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Only two months late :cool:

8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

I don't know it was just a guess?

9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I was busy doing research.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I agree I really liked The Jungle Book remake! as for Jon Faverau I really liked Iron Man 1 and 2 and Cowboys And Aliens was really fun they mixed my two favorite genres Sci-Fi and A western and Harrison Ford and Craig were great In It really good chemistry! Faverau was also really good in Rudy!

11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

yea me to I was doing research In my refrigerator. turns out Bacon and Spinach frittata's taste really good and If you eat two you microwave them for 1:40 minutes...

by the way Is that Miley Cyrus in your Avatar? If so why didn't you put the one with her dad and Miley in your Avatar,
    [​IMG]
    this one:p If that is not her my bad I am sorry? I just always wondered if it was her in your Avatar Picture?

Valency Jane likes this.
  12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
  13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Disney's quest of remaking all of its animated classics into live action is the death of originality for the studio.

Dinos4Ever and Valency Jane like this.
  14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You do know that most of Disney's movies are based on already existing stories, right?

Valency Jane, PCCViking and Diggy like this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And that one or two remakes a year is a drop in the ocean compared to Disney's output.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  18. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    that's weird and cool at the same time!

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  20. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Sure, but many of those stories hadn't been adapted into a cinematic medium previously. The money grubbing in this case is painfully blatant.

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Disney is a for profit company.

They keep making them, because people like them and go and see them. If there were more Pete's Dragons and less Jungle Books, they'd stop.

22. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Yeah, their business model is pretty apparent. It's just a shame to me that they would rather plunder through their existing catalogue rather than take risks on new ideas and imaginative concepts. Of course, box office flops like John Carter, Tomorrowland and The BFG have only encouraged them to move in the opposite direction.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don't know, Si. Things like Malificent and The Jungle Book were very far removed from the animated versions. The Lion King had, of course, already been adapted into the best stage show I've ever seen, no reason a Photo-realistic version of the animated film can't be its own thing. Obviously there's a market for it.

Gamiel, WebLurker and cubman987 like this.
  24. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    Personally, I'm dying to see what the geniuses of Disney will do with it.

25. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Well, as a life-long fan of Disney animated movies (heck, if you were to define my childhood through movies, it would be Disney animation), I'm honestly overall happy with the live action remake project; it's a chance to see some of of the movies I loved as a kid (and still do) brought to life again, with different perspectives and ways at looking at the core story. In some cases, I think the new version is better than the old one (Maleficent vs. Sleeping Beauty). The Jungle Book has been the best so far (IMHO) and really did balance well the elements from the original movie with "new" material from the book. Honestly, rather than plundering, that movie was a respectful salute to the original.

BFG is still on my to-see list. John Carter was okay. Tomorrowland was underrated and deserved better.

Of course, since the live-action remakes have generally been good movies overall (Cinderella was the weakest and that was more that it really didn't seem to have a purpose in existing rather than it being bad in and of itself), what's the big deal? A good movie is a good movie regardless of whether it's an original piece or a retelling.

The Jungle Book was far removed from the animated version?