main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'm sorry, how can you watch that and think it's anything but awful? JFC.

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    So Naomi Scott is going to be Jasmine? Good choice

They should use Ben Kinsley for Jafar.

3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Alan Tudyk provided the voice and motion capture for K-2SO, but before that, he voiced characters in Wreck-It-Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and Moana.

Interestingly, until Moana, he either played a villain or someone connected to/believed to be the villain: Turbo/King Candy in Wreck-It-Ralph, the Duke of Weselton in Frozen (the secondary villain), the businessman in Big Hero 6 (everyone thought he was the villain), and Duke Weaselton in Zootopia (helping the villain).

He voiced Heihei in Moana, but a chicken is hardly a villain...unless you look from its food's point of view. :p

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I have a feeling rocks don't have strong opinions about the creatures that eat them.

PCCViking likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Voice casting for the live action The Lion King (2019) has been announced.

[​IMG]

Lots of crossovers from other Disney properties. Obviously JEJ and Glover, also Woodard (Luke Cage) and Kani (Civil War). Probably some others that I'm missing.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Ghost like this.
  6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Scar is not Jeremy Irons?

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Not sure about Beyoncé...

[​IMG]

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Why?

9. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Chiwetel Ejifor was Mordo in Doctor Strange.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That cast is pretty amazing...

11. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I know some people don't like the remakes, but they do usually have strong casts.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    james earl jones, the one guy they could never replace. john oliver as zazu and billy eichner as timon are pretty perfect choices, glover should be solid. but in what sense will this be live action? isn't it more like computer animation vs. traditional animation? disney just mining people's childhoods and printing money at this point. an original idea would be okay once in a while.

Wolfpack5 and heels1785 like this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Original ideas are what Star Wars is...oh.

It's live action in that it's photorealistic, I assume, like Jungle Book. Live action just falls off the tongue easier than photorealistic computer generated animation. But unless it's background, I don't think think there will be a single frame of actual live action. It's like heaven for George Lucas.

PCCViking likes this.
  14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    well jungle book had a real kid in it so the live action moniker made a bit more sense, but yeah.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah, sorry, I meant just about everything but the kid.

16. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    shame , he was probably the best voice in the original .

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I would have preferred Idris Elba for Scar, if I was going to go for a black british actor. The gravitas of his voice wins it for me, but then I'm a bit of an Idris fanboy. Maybe he wasn't considered as he recently did Jungle Book.

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He is a great actor, but I prefer Jeremy Irons better as Scar.

I think Scar should always be voiced by a British actor who usually play bad guys. Like Ralph Fiennes.

19. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I think it's all in how it's perceived. While it may be technically a CGI movie, we experience and interact with it as if it was a live action movie (kind of like the difference between Jar Jar Binks and Roger Rabbit).

Yeah, but sometimes a new take on an old story offers new perspective on it and the opportunity to do new things with it. Besides, very little of Disney's stuff is original; most of the classics are adaptations of something somewhere down the line. (If I recall correctly, Lion King was their first animated movie that was a completely original work, parallels to Hamlet and the conspiracy theory that it ripped off an anime show aside.)

I'm not sure you can top Irons, but Ejifor is a solid choice.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I'm rather certain that it was Lady and the Tramp that was Disney's first animated movie not based on a previously existing story

21. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    According to Wikipedia, Lady and the Tramp was based on a short story, "Happy Dan, the Whistling Dog, by Ward Greene, albeit melded with a previously rejected idea pitched by a staffer.

Bacon164 likes this.
  22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    There's a difference between adapting classic fairy tales and rehashing your own work from twenty years ago.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The Incredibles 2 trailer drops tomorrow.

In the meantime:

Edna Mode Retrospective (2018)

24. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Too bad it's not coming out in 2019, because this would be appropriate:

[​IMG]

25. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

I thought the Jungle Book and Beauty And The Beast live Action Remakes were fantastic! I am a big fan of Jon Favreau, I really Liked Iron Man 1 and 2 and I loved Cowboys And Aliens! I also liked Favreau in Swingers and Rudy!

PCCViking likes this.