Fantasy The Disney RPG 2: Fall of Shadows - Now Accepting Players! - Also w/ Princess & the Frog Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Imperial_Hammer, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    Mission #1 - The Main Street Hotel

    IC: The Darkness
    Location: The Main Street Hotel

    The Dark Mage viewed what was happening to his hand. The Ice Man decided to directly attack the fist, creating an icy mitt to catch his sweltering blow.

    Then the strange platypus, swinging in from the roof, quickly added insult and injury to the blow. The little... mammal, seeing the action had moved on, slid down one of the drain pipes, landing on the outside ledge of the building. He entered the second story room from the exterior, jumping through Mim's hole in the wall, and quickly threw his razor-bladed hat at the quickly freezing hand. It hit its mark on the back of the hand, allowing for a wound that Frozone's ice mercilessly exploited.

    The ice struggled against the fist, but triumphed, bringing its dark mass to a halt less than a foot from Frozone. It had been frozen solid, and right in time.

    The Mage looked down to its own hand, a deep sickly looking blue. If it knew pain, it certainly would be in pain now.

    These ice fighters were.... unexpected. The Darkness was obviously ill prepared for this type of magic. It would have to rethink how to handle this.

    But the heroes were quick. The mage did not have time to reflect. Mim, fast shrinking, was both crushing the icy block that contained the hand and withering it. The ice glowed and warped under the withering touch, not happy. But less happy was the hand within the chunk. The ice was not protecting it from Mim's assault, and its dark mass was shrinking and thinning, becoming sickly looking.

    Mim had crawled through the hole and was in the room, almost stepping on Perry as pursued her quarry. Finally, the ice cracked with a mighty snap, and the dark hand could not take it anymore. When the ice smashed into a million pieces, what was left of the hand dissipated into thin air.

    Suddenly there was piece and quiet. Another monster vanquished. A disturbed painting fell off the wall and unceremoniously thudded onto the floor. A gentle wind blew into the hotel from the hole in the wall of the room.

    Then there was a loud whoooooooosssshhhh! Merlin could see especially well that the fog in the room and in the hall was moving. It was shrinking off, like it was being recalled, out and away from the heroes. It pulled down the hall and up the stairs..... up into the top and final floor of the hotel. It left a brighter, cleaner hotel in its wake.

    Whatever had corrupted this hotel was certainly holed up there.

    -----

    As for Darkwing Duck, his attempt at blowing away the fog was not going so well. The fog flowed upward from the ground beneath him, keeping the column intact like an ever persistent fountain.

    If he was observant, he might also see a more solid looking core behind the fog, made up of the same sort of hard metallic material that the Dark Armor monster was made of. Darksteel.

    Behind Darkwing, a bit of fog silently stirred. A being was being formed near a metallic box attached to the wall.

    TAG: Grey, Dubya, Epithree, Anvil,

    Where you all are
    Frozone - 2nd Floor Hallway, looking in to the 2nd Floor Room.
    Darkwing - Basement
    Perry - In the 2nd Floor Room, coming in from the hole that Mim had made in the wall
    Mim - In the 2nd Floor Room, standing near Perry, normal sized
    Merlin - Out in the Hallway, standing by Frozone, looking down the hall to the stairwell leading up at the end.

    Mission #2 - Autopia

    IC: Motor Ed
    Location: Autopia Speedway

    Motor Ed opened the door to his Monster Truck, "The Crusha", and climbed across the seat to the steering wheel.

    "Aw yah. Its gonna happen baby." he said to himself, running a comb through his dreadlocks and checking himself out in his rear-view mirror. "Big Ed's gonna get out on that open roooad."

    He slid his keys into the admission, and the truck's mighty engines roared to life, sounding out all throughout Tomorrowland. As if attracted by the sound, the Darkness gave a mighty heave, and the dark fog crash/>
  2. Dubya_Scott Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Darkwing Duck
    Mission: Main Street Hotel - Basement


    Well, the whole cape thing didn't seem to be working.

    There were more noises coming from above. He was missing a battle. But he had found something down here.

    Wait... Was there something inside the column of fog? Squinting to see through the swirling fog, Darkwing could tell it kinda looked like some sorta hard, metallic material. "Hmmm... Very strange," Darkwing said aloud.

    He suddenly had the feeling that he was being watched...

    He spun around and saw the dark fog lifting and forming into...something. Another armored creature perhaps? "Oh no you don't. You can't get the drop on Darkwing Duck!"

    Darkwing leaped forward, ready to tackle the creature that was taking form.

    TAG: Imperial_Hammer, whoever is in the Hotel basement...




    IC: Wildwing
    Mission: Autopia - The Track


    The light turned green and Wildwing stepped on the pedal. The huge monster truck swerved in front of him and he had to hit the brakes and spin the wheel. Wildwing now found his car facing the wrong direction...and stopped. But if he hadn't have done that he would've been crushed by those unbelievable big tires.

    Wildwing turned in his seat and saw Motor Ed way ahead of him.

    The Mighty Duck stepped on the gas again, made a U-turn to get going the right direction, and headed for the giant truck. Now he'd have to find a way to make up that time he missed.

    TAG: Imperial_Hammer, anyone still at the Autopia.../>
  3. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Jan 24, 2002
    star 5
    Clayton
    Magic Carpets of Aladdin

    Clayton watched as the blackness swallowed the blast from his hunting shotgun. So the bullets wouldn't work on this one. No matter, if he had to get up close with a knife or something he could do that too. However, he never got the chance as the mist dissipated into the form of some poor Arabian fellow who looked soulless and blank. Clayton didn't like this, whoever this boy was, he was already consumed by the darkness. There would be no saving him.

    Yet before he could react, his comrades, the djinn and the princess had rushed for the fellow. It seemed they knew, which only forced the bad feeling in Clayton's gut further into a knot. This was who they had been looking for. All this time, they had hopes to rescue him and he had already been consumed by the darkness. There would be no saving him now. The merciful thing to do would be a bullet to the head. Clayton just shook his head as the soulless body of their friend just stepped aside and lead them into the building.

    Oh well, Clayton thought, We had to go in either way, I suppose letting the poor fellow lead us into the trap won't deter us any.

    With that thought and a shrug of his shoulders, he followed the body. The inside of the temple wasn't that spectacular outside of the impossibly large size that seemed to be involved from a building that hadn't even taken up the entire clearing outside. The most impressive aspect was the swirling black fog, the place was overflowing with the darkness, it was no wonder the boy had succumbed to it. Also of impressive note were the carpets swirling above them. Clayton had heard tales of the flying carpets from the same place he'd read about djinn. Here they were in actuality, however, and it was quite the sight.

    Eventually the carpets made an imitation staircase that lead to the top of a pillar that they could not reach. It was a test. Of what kind, Clayton did not know. He didn't really care. The boy had lead them into this and now he'd stepped aside for them to start walking on moving platforms as if they were stairs.

    Clayton turned to the Djinn, "Perhaps the immortal magical being would like to lead the way on this one?" In the back of his mind, he rationed that the djinn would have the most chance to survive any traps. He also wondered if the lion would be able to even stand on the carpets if they began to move about.

    TAG: Adventureland Group(Xani, Mitth, Thrawn1786), GM




    Oswald Rabbit
    The Golden Horseshoe

    Oswald had nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the voice of someone who didn't belong to his group. It was an older gentleman who welcomed them into the saloon. "Oh, there be drinks! Plenty to go around, in fact!" he beamed, his whiskers twitching as he darted away from the curtain to greet his guests. He waddled across the creaky floorboards, stumbling over an overturned barstool, before coming to stand before the group with a light chuckle. "Welcome to the Golden Horseshoe Saloon! Home of Slue Foot Sue's dancing revue!" He paused, waving excitingly with one hand to the empty chairs. "Have a seat, have a seat! Make yourselves comfortable. No need to worry about that Darkness nonsense. We don't get that much attention in these parts."

    The rabbit could swear he saw something vile in the man's eyes as the prospector made his way to the stage. It wasn't long after that when Oswald's suspicions were answered as black smoke began to billow from under the curtain. Suddenly the room was filled with the ghostly sound of off-key piano playing. Black finger like billows pulled at the curtain and soon the sound of an entire off-key ghost band could be heard playing in the bar.

    Nothing could prepare Oswald for the cymbal crash that signaled the curtain opening. The crash sent the rabbit flying behind Hercules, in hopes that he could use the strong hero to hide him from the danger. The scene the curtain revealed was truly horrific. It was as if the darkness had brought ghosts to life as the tattered remains of dancer clothing fill
  4. The Great No One Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    GM APPROVED AND ALL THAT

    West Kingdom

    Name: Cap'n Jack Sparrow
    Franchise: POTC
    Appearance: [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/pirates/images/b/b3/Jack_and_Will.jpg]

    Attack 1: Well, that's not much incentive for me to fight fair then, is it?:Swashbuckling action takes over, and Jack engages whoever is the closes enemy with his sword.
    Attack 2: Now we're being followed by rocks. Never heard that before: Rocklike crabs have followed Jack from the locker, and he stares utterly befuddled as they utterly bamboozel the nearest group of enemies.
    Attack 3: Sea Turtles Mate: Insanity rules. Jack does something so utterly insane that it breaks everyone presents mind, making them killable at leisure.

    East Kingdom

    Name: Tigger
    Franchise: Winnie the Pooh
    Appearance: [image=http://yoshi2me.com/sexual-health/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/tigger.gif]

    Attack 1: Trounced: Tigger leaps from wherever he is into the nearest enemy.
    Attack 2: Tops are made out of Roobar: Tigger charges into a group of enemies and bowls them all over
    Attack 3: I'm the only One: Breaking into song, Tigger sings his theme song and the mental damage this results in causes all enemies to fall down incapacitated or dead..
  5. The Great No One Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    OOC: oh well, double post.

    IC: Cap'n Jack Sparrow
    Somewhere at Sea


    Sea air, there's simply nothing more invigorating to a man who loves freedom. And it doesn't get much freer than a pirate with nowhere to be and a trusty ship with rum aboard to sail around on. Now if only it were a bigger boat... Alas Jack Sparrow found himself stuck on one of a dinghy yet again. Not that he cared all that much, there was rum after all. What he DID care about was sailing said boat in a fog. While the odds of running aground in the middle of the Pacific Ocean were practically nil, there was something utterly eerie about not being able to see for the pea soup the air had become.

    Curiously the sounds around him began to change and Jack stood somewhat unsteadily, and tilted his head so as to hopefully get better pickup. Where'd land sounds come from in the middle water? With a rather sudden lurch the off balance pirate found himself falling face first out of the boat...

    into a face full of rather hard floor in a very darkened world. Blinking, Jack looked up and found that there was nary a boat to be seen, and all the rum had disappeared right along with it. "Bugger all. Why do things always take the rum?"

    Standing up unsteadily, leaning somewhat oddly backwards, wavering as it were, Jack perused his surroundings. It was what looked like some... large thing on mining tracks, a water tower off to the side and the detritus of people having been there recently. Upon closer inspection through the drunken haze that Jack was perpetually in he noted someone who was wearing golden armor of what appeared French origin that matched his very blonde hair and chin beard. "That has got to be the most strange looking little man I have ever seen. And I seen some odd looking little men in my time." Sort of shuffling along as though the earth were moving Jack headed over to him to see what was what. Calling to him, "You wouldn't happen to have any rum about you by any chance mate?" Priorities first, after all.


    TAG: CHUKLES
  6. Chukles38 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Captain Phoebus
    Where he was before, lost...

    Phoebus was searching for his helmet. He couldn't for the life of him decide where it could be. This was typical. He got to this strange place, milled around with the large group of people that had shown up, set down his helmet to go relieve himself for just a moment and when he gets back, what was there? Nothing. No people, no helmet. Achilles had even wandered off. Phoebus sighed mournfully. This was not starting out well.

    As Phoebus tried to figure out where exactly to go from here, a voice behind him caught his attention, and he turned around to see who had addressed... well... him, since no one else was around.

    "You wouldn't happen to have any rum about you by any chance mate?"

    Phoebus examined the man carefully, his brow raising unconsciously. This was an... interesting specimen that stood before him. Judging from the dress and the strange bearing, he must be a gypsy... or drunk... or both. Phoebus inhaled and decided that the drunk part was definitely correct. Phoebus considered what the man had asked. He scratched at his beard absently before answering.

    "Well, friend, I can't say I know what 'rum' is, but if..." he paused and examined the man again. "...if it's some sort of alcohol like I think it must be, then I could use some myself." He looked around absently, thinking on what to do. After a moment, he extended his hand to the newcomer. "But what say you we go find some of this 'rum', or maybe some wine, or some sort of alcohol? The name's Phoebus. It's nice to meet you. So, what's your name gypsy?"

    Phoebus watched the gypsy carefully. They had a bit of a reputation, sure, but that didn't bother him. The love of his life was a gypsy, after all. But, no, there was most certainly something odd about this man.

    TAG: Trim


  7. The Great No One Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Cap'n Jack Sparrow
    Main Street Train Station


    "Bugger all, why is there never any rum!" Sighing with great exasperated drama, Jack did perk up at the suggestion they should go and find some. Then he heard the word gypsy. "What? Gypsy? I don't see any gyp-" Looking around for a moment to ascertain where this other person might be. The fact that there WAS no one else made it very definite that the strange little guy was talking about him. Doesn't he know a pirate when he sees one? Gypsy. Faugh.

    Attempting to draw himself into something resembling a proud and respectable man, and failing utterly, Jack replied with some irritation in his voice. "I am Cap'n Jack Sparrow. Surely you've heard of me, only the scourge of the seven seas, finder of the Black Pearl, and escapee of Davy Jones Locker. Strange little man who has never heard of a pirate, what do you call yourself?" He leaned forward unsteadily while he spoke. "And we most certainly must go and find us some rum." Jack glanced around, starting to get irritated at the black wisps of fog that were hanging around randomly. "And please tell me I'm not the only one seeing this black wispy thingys lounging about everywhere." One dropped in front of his face and he started whacking at it, trying to clear it away.


    TAG: CHUK

  8. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Short update to keep the wheels greased here. :)

    Mission #1 - The Main Street Hotel

    IC: The Darkness
    Location: Main Street Hotel

    Basement

    And suddenly Darkwing found himself wrestling with the Darkness. Because it hadn't taken form, it was still squishy, malleable, and soft. It was like wrestling with silly putty or a jello being. Darkwing was doing a good job keeping it occupied... it was strong but not too strong. Darkwing could see what looked like a hand coming out from the blobby being. It was trying to open the box on the wall, but the box kept on escaping its grasp thanks to Darkwing's efforts. Slowly, the fog being was beginning to weaken as it was using up its strength.

    TAG: Dubya

    Mission #2 - Autopia

    IC: Motor Ed and the Darkness
    Location: The Autopia Racing Complex

    RRRRRrrrremmm, Rrrrrremmm...

    Ed could feel the gears of "The Crusha" shifting as it adjusted to the curves and turns of the Autopia track. Go too fast and you'll fly off, and you might not win! It was a purposefully tricky track. Ed downshifted as he made the next turn, a tight left, then accelerated down the eastern-side straightaway, darkness-starved trees whipping past him.

    Ed turned on his rock music and began blaring it, banging his head up and down, rocking to the music. Ed's spirits always soared when he was cruising, and there was nothing like rock to keep this rollin'.

    As Ed focused in on another upcoming right term, he didn't see that Wildwing was creeping up on him. The mighty duck's smaller car made the many turns of the track easier to handle... he didn't have to slow as much as The Crusha did. He was getting close to the large car's blind spot. If he could get himself right behind or even under the massive truck, Ed would not be able to see Wildwing, much less attack him. Of course, there was always a danger there, being so close to the massive machine's wheels. It would be very easy to get caught in them.

    Meanwhile, Tigger, who had arrived at the Autopia after bouncing off from the Main Street Train Station, arrived at the very strange starting line of the Autopia track. He could see a menagerie of Darkness creatures, cheering and largely preoccupied in the Autopia stands. They were all focused on a large video screen, showing a large Monster Truck and a smaller racing car zooming along. Pretty much no one noticed the bouncing fiend in their midst, so transfixed they were.

    Tigger could see that the garage was empty, with a variety of racing cars parked or under construction within. Did he want to hop in one of those cars and try to catch up with the race? They seemed to be only a quarter of the way in according to the large video monitors. Or did he want to stick around and see if he might try to effect the race near the finish line? Or perhaps something else entirely? The choice was up to the lovable rascal.

    TAG: Dubya and Trimaj/>/>
  9. Chukles38 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Captain Phoebus
    Looking for alcohol

    Phoebus furrowed his brows at the gypsy.... er.... pirate, it seemed. Odd. All that braiding, the odd posture.... struck Phoebus as very gypsy-esque. Well, this might make things interesting. Pirates, unlike gypsies, pretty much deserved their reputation and then some. Could Phoebus, as a noble and just lawman, really travel with a Pirate? Would his strict moral code allow it?

    It was a dilemma, to be sure, but then a thought came to Phoebus. He didn't know the laws of this land. Perhaps piracy was, somehow, legal here. And, besides, his loyalty lied to France. Phoebus didn't even know if this man, Captain Jack Sparrow, had heard of France, never mind raided and pirated there. So, he decided there was really no need for him to get all up in arms about this. Besides, he needed some alcohol. Normally he wasn't too big a drinker, but, well, things were strange just now. Even he had a breaking point.

    After examining the strange individual, Phoebus spoke slowly. "Captain Phoebus, at your service. Now, about that alcohol... let's get moving. I'm thirsty." Phoebus had no idea where he might find this rum, but he decided it wouldn't hurt. Besides, most places that had alcohol tended to have beautiful women too... well, women at any rate. Sure, Phoebus was loyal to Esmerelda, but that didn't mean he couldn't admire the other women out there.

    Without any idea where he was going, Phoebus began to slowly walk in a random direction, which incidentally and quite unbeknownst to him, lead directly to New Orleans. He paused briefly to turn around as the pirate swatted at the darkness floating around his face. Sure, Phoebus could see it too, but he had a possibly evil idea pop into his head as he watched Jack. "Hm? 'dark wispy things?' What are you talking about? I don't see anything... mate" He ended, clearly copying the way that Jack had greeted him just a moment before. Phoebus laughed to himself and at his matter-of-fact statement about the "nonexistence of the darkness". was it bad that he was enjoying that joke so much?

    TAG: Trim
  10. Dubya_Scott Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Darkwing
    Mission: Main Street Hotel - Basement


    Throwing punches into the fog, Darkwing said, "Take that, you mushy, Jello-y...smoke-creature-thingy."

    He noticed a hand forming and reaching up for a metal box on the wall. "Oh, no ya don't!" Darkwing rolled over the Darkness being and stood between it and the box. "You want in this box, eh? There must be something in here. A weapon? An alarm, perhaps?"

    He looked at the mushy half-formed being. It appeared to be weakened. "Let's just see what you're up to, shall we?" Turning around, Darkwing reached for the box. He suddenly stopped and took a quick look over his shoulder, just to make sure the Darkness creature wasn't attacking.

    Darkwing's hand reached the box, and opened it... (ooc: unless it was locked)

    TAG: Hammer, any others...
  11. Dubya_Scott Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: Oops, sorry, double post...




    IC: Wildwing
    Mission: Autopia - the Track


    The little Autopia car seemed to tak the curves pretty well. Wildwing actually found himself catching up to the monster truck. He could hear loud rock music blasting from it's speakers.

    "This guy is crazy," Wildwing said to himself, looking up at Motor Ed.

    The duck pulled the car around alongside the giant truck...on it's right side. He could see Ed's mullet flapping in the wind. Wildwing focused on the track ahead and floored the gas pedal. He was gonna win this race, no matter what.

    TAG: Hammer, any others...
  12. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 9
    IC: Stitch
    Golden Horseshoe Saloon

    "Oh, there be drinks! Plenty to go around, in fact!" he beamed, his whiskers twitching as he darted away from the curtain to greet his guests. He waddled across the creaky floorboards, stumbling over an overturned barstool, before coming to stand before the group with a light chuckle. "Welcome to the Golden Horseshoe Saloon! Home of Slue Foot Sue's dancing revue!" He paused, waving excitingly with one hand to the empty chairs. "Have a seat, have a seat! Make yourselves comfortable. No need to worry about that Darkness nonsense. We don't get that much attention in these parts."
    How odd for there to be a small prospector figure in a place such as this. Stitch's spine twitched; something didn't feel right. And, sure enough, agents of the Darkness started to appear all around, coming out from behind the curtain on the stage, from behind the bar, and from seemingly everywhere else except from the door where Stitch and his new friends were standing. Hercules was already ahead of the rest, ready to enter combat with his mighty sword. Silver the pirate, Stitch wasn't sure what he was going to do. And the rabbit who had just joined them, he broke out an accordion and started to play. Stitch kept his finger on the trigger of the gun he had in his hand and lept forward into the fray, ready to do the old 1-2 on some Darkness minions.

    TAG: Everyone at the Saloon, GM
  13. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4

    Mission: Autopia
    The Autopia Track

    Shan Yu had not entered his vehicle. Yet. The mechanical stallion presented something of a problem to him. Quite simply, he did not understand how it operated. Though he was certain he might learn easily enough, it was better to let the Warrior Duck try and complete this task.

    That being the case, Shan Yu decided the only course of action would be to assist the Duck spirit in his defeat of the burly coward.

    There were some powers that were so great he had not considered that he might use them so early on...but perhaps this was the best way to lay out a warning for the Darkness. Shan Yu was ready for the fight!

    "WARRIORS!" cried the warlord, gesturing upwards with one enormous arm, sending a call to the heavens. "TO ME!"

    There was a low rumbling in the distance, which rapidly became a terrible quaking, and quicker still became the pounding of hooves. A mass of black-clad warriors were emerging in the distance, riding atop sable steeds, bursting towards the track.

    The Huns had arrived.

    His own horse was soon by his side and Shan Yu clambered up on to it with surprising grace for a man of his size. He led his horde as they thundered onto the road, headed directly for a side-on collision with Motor Ed and his truck. It would a bloody and violent crash- Shan Yu just hoped that the Warrior Duck could get out of the way and seize the chance to win the race!

    Tag: Dubya, IH, Trimaj



    Power Used: Attack 3: Horde Charge! Shan Yu summons an army of Hun horsemen for a single devastating charge, laying waste to anything in their path.
  14. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

    Member Since:
    Apr 13, 2001
    star 6
    Mission #1 - The Golden Horseshoe

    The creature, dressed in tattered cowboy's clothes with a wide-brimmed hat, lunged towards Hercules, its arms outstretched as it groped for the young man's throat. But the young warrior was quick on the draw, bringing his mighty sword around to bear on the unearthly apparition. At first, it didn't seem to mind the presence of such a material object, but when the blade came crashing down on the knobby fingers at the joint, the apparition unleashed a shrieking cry of terror as its jaw became unhinged and opened far wider than what was considered natural.

    But if one were to listen closely, it was far from a cry of pain. The blow by the young hero had only made it angry and it was time for retaliation.

    Drawing his arms away from the attack with a clipped motion that was almost mechanical, the apparition opened its mouth once more and unleashed a second shriek. This one was far louder than the first, shattering the delicate windows with the intensity. And out of the apparition's mouth, a cold chill swept forward, slamming into the chest of Hercules and sending him tumbling backward into a corner on the opposite side of the room.

    Satisfied, the creature leered in the direction its opponent had rolled and started forward once more to finish the job. Halfway there, however, the most peculiar music began to play. The creature faltered, perplexed at the strange sound, and snapped its head around to find the source. A small rabbit - Oswald - sat on the wooden floorboards with an accordion fixed within his grip. It was such a small creature and yet, so talented.

    The apparition clenched its bony fists and began to approach the rabbit, but it found it couldn't help itself. The music was too...hypnotizing. Soothing. Slowly, with a grace that seemed unlikely for such a horrid creature, it began to sway back and forth to the music.

    And sure enough, all around the saloon, the rest of the ghastly crew of dancers and performers began to do the same. Finding their partners, they began to fall into their normal routine and what a show it was!

    Noticing the sudden change of events, Pete slowly made his way out of his hiding place, scowling at the now cheerful ghosts and ghouls as they swayed back and forth to the strange music. This couldn't be - something had to be done! The Darkness would have his head if he allowed these interlopers to escape so easily!

    With a simple wave of his hand, he summoned the ghostly band into action once more. With a brief introduction from the piano, the band came to life. The prospector laughed and swayed as his ghostly minions began to snap out of their trance. It was working! It was--

    In that instant, the strange blue creature - Stitch - decided to enter the fray and leaped directly into Pete's path. With a startled yelp, alien and prospector went tumbling onto the floor together in a heap.

    TAG: Frontierland Group(DarthSubZero, JEDIGUNSHIP, BaSSiL, Sabith)
  15. Republic_Anvil Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Oct 24, 2009
    star 1
    IC: Mim and Merlin
    Hotel Second Floor ? Hotel Mission

    Stepping in through the window Mim grins in satisfaction as the Hand shattered and melted away. Then there was a loud whoooooooosssshhhh! Mim followed the Fog out of the room. She stood next to Merlin and watched as it was shrinking off, like it was being recalled, out and away from the group. It pulled down the hall and up the stairs..... up into the top and final floor of the hotel. It left a brighter, cleaner hotel in its wake.

    Whatever had corrupted this hotel was certainly holed up there.

    ?We should pursue it before it can regroup. Press our advantage.? Merlin shakes his head ?That would not be wise, we must be cautious. Walking into a trap is not going to help our cause.?

    Mim sighed exasperated at the silly old man ?Look here you old fuddy duddy, Just because your too much of a ninny to do what is necessary, But I am going after it!? With that Mim stalks away towards the Stairs to the third floor.

    Behind her Merlin fairly bristled with anger and frustration. Those around him could her his mutters of ?Fool woman! She would find herself in a cooking pot and would put the lid on herself if not for me.? He stalked after her.

    Tag: Hotel Group, I_H
  16. Dubya_Scott Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Wildwing
    Mission: Autopia


    While Wildwing was driving alongside the monster truck, there was a slight rumbling.

    At first he thought there was something wrong with the car. Had Motor Ed rigged it somehow? Then something caught his eye in the side-view mirror. He had to do a double-take.

    Turning for a second to glance over his shoulder, he could see something gaining on them. Were those horses? What was going on?

    TAG: Hammer, and ALL Autopia people...
  17. greyjedi125 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Frozone
    Hotel Second Floor ? Hotel Mission

    Frozone let out a short and amused chuckle as the muttering Wizard walked past him and stalked after his lady friend. He thought they made a charming couple and wondered if that was the sort of relationship he and his honey were destined to have in their future. With a 'huff', the man in blue put such thoughts out of his mind and returned his focus to the mission at hand.

    yeah...The Darkness.

    Though it was true that they had routed the darkness- and the room was much brighter for it, Frozone did not fail to notice how the darkness was slowly resisting and learning how to counter their abilities. That last stunt by the darkness came within a foot of him. That was too close for comfort.

    A pensive Frozone shook his head and let out a frosty sigh. He was here to fight the good fight, no matter what the cost. He knew what the risks were everytime he put on the costume. This was no different.

    "Wait for me..." Frozone hollered without giving the matter further thought, then sprinted after the Wizard and his Enchantress.

    Tag: GM, others
  18. DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Nov 10, 2006
    star 4
    IC: as Hercules
    The Golden Horseshoe

    Hercules smikred as the blow landed, and looked on as the creature shrieked in what appeared to be pain. It's jaw elongated beyond any human limit as it gave an otherwordly shriek.

    He saw it....then he was suddenly thrown back, catapulted off his feet, and crashing into the tables behind him, the tables breaking in two from the thunderous impact.

    He could barely open his eyes as his vision became blurry. The goings on sounded like faint echos as his head rang. He could not see the figure coming right for him...

    ...and then, he faintly heard the playing of an accordion. He gingerly turned to the source. The black and white rabbit, he saw, appeared to be playing. He could only blink in surprise as he slowly got up.

    The sound was much more pleasant than what he heard before. The shadows appeared to be dancing to the tune even! This was their chance!

    Yet then the Prospector took control. With a wave and a gesture, the ghotsly band was on the stage again, and thus the shadows were broken from their trance.

    Before the Prospector could capitalize any more, Stitch took things into his own hands, the two tumbling on the floor.

    Herc, as he stood, pondered. The rabbits instrument seemed to quell the malignant spirits. It had gone well untill the Prospector brought the ghastly quartet on stage again.

    Wait...maybe that was it!

    Herc brought a whole table to his hands. His eyes were fixed on the stage, watching the band play.

    Bringing the table to bear, he suddenly threw it like a discus at the band, throwing it with all his might.


    TAG: Frontierland Groups (JEDIGUNSHIP, BaSSiL, Sabith), Frontierland GM
  19. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    Mission #1 - The Main Street Hotel

    Basement

    As the Darkness creature melted back into the fog, Darkwing Duck was able to open the box on the wall.

    Behind it, he found the circuit breaker for the whole building.

    The Darkness obviously wanted to turn off the power.

    But why?

    The basement returned to a sense of quiet. Just Darkwing and the mysterious pillar crushing the water pipe.

    TAG: Dubya

    3rd Floor Corridor

    IC: The Dark Mage
    Location: Third Floor Room

    As Mim, Merlin, and Frozone charged up the stairs, after the retreating fog, they ran into the final defense of the Darkness that had holed up in the hotel. And it was truly a monstrous sight. Going down the hallway was a large black root looking thing. The thick black thing coiled itself like a spring, creating a fun-house tunnel effect looking down the hallway. The root stemmed outwards from the only open door in the hall... way back at the far end of the hallway. From there it gripped along the floor, walls, and ceiling, like a spiraling ivy, working outwards to meet the intruders. The rooty-thing was studded with spikes and another nasty surprise... turret like emplacements. There were little barrels every three feet or so on the vineish-root. And were those spikes growing? Nah, it looked to be the same distance. Hm.

    Upon seeing the trio, every turret in the 30 or so foot hallway opened up fire, a whirlpooling hail of dark bullets throwing themselves at the group from top, bottom, and all sides.

    It was a good thing the lights were on in this hallway. There was now at least a chance for the group to target the emplacements. Had the power been out, Mim, Merlin and Frozone would have been in a considerably worse situation.

    If one had a moment to investigate the vine, which would have been hard to do, they could see the misty, foggy type of darkness rising out from it. It was the Taproot of Darkness for Main Street, USA.

    And it looked like it all stemmed from what was beyond those mysterious open doors at the end of the hall!

    TAG: Anvil, GreyJedi

    GM's OOC: I was hoping you would do that Winged. ;) Now I can really amp this sucker up. :D

    Mission #2 - Autopia

    IC: Motor Ed
    Location: Back Stretch, Autopia Circuit

    The sound of electric guitars could be heard, dominating the Autopia track, even above the roar of "The Crusha's" engine. Ed had rolled down the windows, allowing the whoosh of the air around the track to play with his bodacious locks of hair. He still couldn't spy that Duck racer. Did he really make that much time on him? Beneath Ed's devil-may-care attitude, a seed of worry began to sprout.

    Hmm.

    Ed navigated a left turn to enter in the back side of the track. The large crag of the Matterhorn dominated his horizon as the track began to move towards it. It wouldn't go around the mountain, just skirt its eastern flank. It looked like ol' Chernabog was brewing up quite a storm.

    There was the sound of some yelling outside. Wait, what? Ed urgently threw his gaze to his mirrors to see a flood of horsemen pouring over the railings and hills of the track. Cheaters! Oh man, those brohans just broke the number one rule of the road man. Race with honor.

    "Aw hell naw" Ed said, decelerating "the Crusha" and pulling it sharply to the right. Hopefully Wildwing had not slowed to match "the Crusha," otherwise he and his car would have made for a very flat pancake.

    There were a few Huns that had a foothold on his ladder. Boarders!

    Whoever these burly guys were, they had serious guts to tackle the Crusha.

    "Yo Darkness. Some help here!!" Ed bellowed. If they wanted to play dirty, Ed would be happy to throw some grime.

    Answering the call, a pillar of Darkness shot out from the side of the road, like a mighty fountain of blackness. With uncanny aim, in shot through the open window of the Crusha, landing right next to Ed's seat and quickly taking the form of a humanoid.

    "Keep the Crusha m/>/>
  20. The Great No One Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Cap'n Jack Sparrow
    Main Street Train Station

    Stopping the swiping he stood there for a moment, unsteady wondering if he truly was seeing things. Deciding that it didn't really matter and wasn't something some rum couldn't fix Jack followed the Captain away towards whatever they might find. As they moved on and everything got more wispy he considered the possibility that Phoebes was lying to him, but sided with the need of rum. "Must be needing rum more than I thought," came out in a semi-muttered voice.

    What else he saw was something that caused him to almost turn around, which he actually started doing, until he noticed another path. It was a Jungle, creepy and Jack had had quite enough of Jungles recently. "No cannibal's for me please. I've had more than enough to eat." Pulling out his compass in mid-turn he saw it pointing un-erringly alongside the jungle, which prompted him to turn it into an awkward complete circle. "That-a-way!" He pointed and took off in an unsteady gait. "I smell rum!" A grin crossed his lips. There was an abandoned looking town coming into view... surely there was something to drink there.


    TAG: CHUKLES, HS29 (if you wanna give us something to do along the way)


    IC: Tigger Racetrack/ Autopia


    Bounce. Bounce. Bounce. It was the main method of transport for the orange Bounce and black striped creature who wandered around Bounce in an utterly unfamiliar place with no one Bounce who looked even remotely recognizable. Bounce At least it wasn't boring. Bounce Bounce Looking around the Bounce rather un-wooded area, Tigger's attention was peaked by the crowds Bounce in what seemed to be some kind of building. Unsure of what was going on he Bounce headed over that direction.

    What appeared Bounce to be some kind of race was Bounce going on, and Bounce Tigger was decidedly intrigued by this. Bounce Moving to go into Bounce the big and noisy area, he saw some things that were Bounce on wheels. Out on the area where there was a race Bounce a pair of them, different shaped, Bounce were moving around faster than he could bounce Bounce. It made the orange creature Bounce want to join them, but Bounce he had no clue what these Bounce contraptions might be or how Bounce they might work.

    Peeking into an open area he stared at the buttons and knobs that were laid out. Surely one of them must do something interesting. Reaching a paw inside he pushed one... and nothing happened. Frowning, he pushed several more with the same result. "Tiggers are supposed to know about these things! Whatever it is." And he started randomly pushing or twisting everything in sight. Unable to get inside through the window, at least not easily, he did finally manage to find the ignition.

    At the roar of the engine Bounce Tigger sprang away and grinned to himself, Bounce Bounce Bounce ecstatically clapping his paws. Poking his head back in he again started pushing buttons, and pedals with the result of the engine roaring even louder. Grinning happily he managed to find the stick shift... putting into gear.

    As the car moved Bounce Tigger sprang backwards wondering what exactly was going on. "Tiggers don't like things that move on their own. They like to smush tails." Protectively hanging onto his tail Bounce he watched as the thing made its way out onto the flat area that everyone else Bounce seemed to be staring at. "What's all the hubbub bub bub?" Deciding to find out Bounce he moved outside again, to be arrested by quite a sight.

    Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Hearing someone call out "WARRIORS" Tigger Bounce looked around curiously to find a very Bounce large man waving for a horde Bounce of other people that were astride horses. Bounce Realizing what was happe
    />
  21. Dubya_Scott Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Darkwing
    Mission: Main Street Hotel - Basement


    Darkwing watched the Darkness creature fade to nothing. Ha! He had defeated it before it even manifested.

    Turning back around, he opened the metal box. "Ohhhh, a circuit breaker." He reached up to grab the lever...then paused.

    "Wait," he spoke to himself. "But why would this fog creature want to turn it off? That makes no sense." He began pacing back and forth with his hands clasped behind his back as he pondered the situation. "So if he wanted to pull it, something bad would probably happen. Which means...I shouldn't pull it. But I thought we were restoring the water supply. What does the electricity have to do with anything?"

    He stopped pacing and looked up at the pillar. Could it be connected with the power supply somehow? There was only one way to find out.

    He reached up to grab the switch one more time. "If nothing happens, I'll just turn the switch back on," he said aloud. "But if something does happen..." He glanced back at the pillar.

    "Oh well," he shrugged. "Let's see what happens." With that, he threw the switch.

    (ooc: if I wasn't supposed to do that, let me know and I'll fix it :p )

    TAG: Hammer, and any Hotel people affected by my actions...




    IC: Wildwing
    Mission: Autopia Track


    As the horses grew closer, the Darkness fog began flowing into the monster trucks windows overhead. Wildwing watched as it seemed to take the form of a humanoid in the seat next to Motor Ed.

    The monster truck began slowing down.

    This was the chance to pull ahead of him.

    Wildwing stepped on it and sped ahead down the track, leaving Motor Ed behind. It appeared that an army of Huns were riding those horses. This must be the work of Shan Yu.

    Wildwing ducked as one of the horses leaped over the entire car as it went speeding past. Were the Huns avoiding him? Wildwing looked back and saw the Huns climbing aboard Motor Ed's truck. The Mighty Duck smiled under that duck-bill-shaped hockey mask. The Hun was on his side after all. He was fighting for the greater good. Wildwing felt a bit relieved.

    Focusing his attention back to the race, he found himself ahead of Motor Ed. Now was the time to win this race...and the battle. He tore around the next corner, tires screeching as he went.

    TAG: Impy and other Autopia folks.../>
  22. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    Mission #1 - Main Street

    IC: Circumstance
    Location: Main Street Hotel

    Immediately after Darkwing Duck threw the circuit breaker, there was a "kuh-thunk" and a "weeoooooooh" as everything running on electricity turned off.

    This included the lights.

    Darkness amongst The Darkness.

    Sensing an opportunity, the Dark Mage, still standing in its room at the end of the hall, clinched what would be its fist. The large taproot poured streams upon streams of screaming bullets down upon Frozone, Merlin, and Mim. It didn't need the light to see the heroes.

    But the heroes certainly needed it to target the taproot's "guns" effectively. Not to mention to avoid the spikes.

    TAG: Hallway folk
  23. greyjedi125 Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Frozone
    Hotel Mission: Third floor corridor

    The Wizard, The Enchantress and Frozone charged up the stairs after the retreating fog!

    "Yes! we got it on the run!! We need to press our advantage! c'mon!"

    Frozone felt a rush of anticipation as he sensed that they might have this 'darkness' cornered, or rather, holed up. The trio burst onto the third floor corridor and were forced to stop short as they faced a monstruos sight! Going down the hallway was a large black root looking thing. It coiled itself like a spring, creating a spiraling tunnel down the hallway. The root stemmed outwards from the only open door in the hall... way back at the far end of the hallway. From there it gripped along the floor, walls, and ceiling, like a spiraling ivy, working outwards to meet them.

    "What-in-the-world...?" Frozone intoned in utter disbelief at what he was seeing. This, he was not expecting at all.

    Upon further inspection, the rooty-thing was studded with spikes and another nasty surprise... turret like emplacements.

    "Oh, that can't be good..." Frozone observed with a shake of his helmeted head. There were little barrels every three feet or so on the vineish-root. And were those spikes growing?

    The hero in blue sighed in slight dismay.

    Nope, things didn't look good at all for them.

    Upon sensing the trio, every turret in the long hallway opened fire!! A whirling hail of dark bullets streaked towards the group from all sides.

    Only thanks to Frozone athletic reflexes was he able to throw up an ice-shiled just in the nick of time to protect them from the sudden attack. And even though the ice-shield was nearly as solid as granite, Frozone could feel the onslaught caused by the hailstorm of countless projectiles begin to erode the shield's façade. To compensate for this, Frozone continued to pour on his freezing beam, which essentially meant that he could take no other action.

    "Uhm... a little help here?" he said to the two magic users, without turning his head.

    And just when he thought things could not get any worse, the lights on the third floor suddenly winked out, plunging the entire corridor into darkness.

    "Oh! that's just FANTASTIC!! That is SO not good! we are deep in it now...."

    Frowning behind his visor, Frozone's mind was racing with options. Being in a dark corridor could only give the 'darkness' complete supremacy in their clash. They were so close...

    The incessant pelting continued upon his shield, and if nothing else, Frozone felt that it was getting stronger, so he poured on the ice, but even he could not keep that up forever.

    "So, does one of you know how to cast, lumox, lumen...lumos or whatever you call it? y' know, LIGHT!! we need plenty of it if we hope to defeat this thing."

    Without waiting for a response, Frozone bristled as he focused his energies on keeping up the ice-shield, lest they be shredded where they stood. It was his hope that the Wizard or his girlfriend had a clever spell to save their hides. Turning bullets into flowers would be a nice trick right about now.

    Tag: Anvil, GM :D (woot!)
  24. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4

    Mission: Autopia
    The Autopia Track

    the Warrior Duck had raced ahead. This was good, but Shan Yu had no time to savour what was only a momentary victory.

    He and his horsemen were battling for control of the truck. He charged in front on his own stallion, keeping pace with the truck's left side. Instead of attempting to climb onto the flatbed with the rest of his horde, Shan Yu adopted a different approach.

    "Archers!" he cried. "Fire at the large rider!"

    He was shouting the order to those of his speeding horsemen who carried bows. They would have to slow down a little in order to aim (and consequently, if they missed, they would no longer be able to catch up) but that was a necessary risk.

    After barely a moment, his cry was answered by a volley of black arrows, hurtling towards Motor-Ed.

    Tag: Dubya, IH

  25. Dubya_Scott Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Darkwing Duck
    Mission: Main Street Hotel - Basement


    He now found himself engulfed in darkness.

    It appeared nothing happened.

    "Hmmm... I guess that didn't do anything," he muttered to himself, unaware of what he had caused three floors up. "Oh well. No harm done."

    He threw the switch back on.

    TAG: All Hotel people, and Imperial_Hammer...

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.