main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Divergence of Fate

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Deiskrad, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deiskrad

Deiskrad Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    This is my first RPG in a long long time. So, don?t bust my chops. Since it is the first in a while, I?m going to go with what I know best, the Classic Series. This is perhaps not a very ?original? RPG, but I?m hoping that what you guys and girls can do with it will make it go beyond its common roots.

This will be story-driven and character driven. There are not any complicated sets of figures, no money to make, no resources to manage. It is simply playing out characters to the hilt. When fighting occurs (and it will) the GM will make make it happen.

A Few rules:
    1. The GM?s word is final. If you have a complaint or you think I was errant, PM me and we?ll see if we can accommodate you.

2. Stay in character. Do not do things that are out of character or make no sense based on your profile or what we know of canon characters. If you do this too many times, I reserve the right to revoke your character, or have the character handed off to another player.

3. Some characters will remain NPC, and others I will control directly. I?ll announce those in the next post.

4. All characters must be GM approved. Please PM them to me before posting them on the board.

5. I reserv e the right to kill off characters. So don?t do anything dumb with your character because mortality is very real.

6. God-moding is out of the question

7. For the moment, one player per character is the limit.

8. Enjoy!

9. I know I don?t know all the cool markup codes. I?m too old for that.

Here is the obligatory ?Sample Character Sheet?

Name:
    Species:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Build:
    Eyes:
    Hair:
    Other Physical characteristics:
    Brief Biography:

Please follow it.

Now, I shall introduce the game and the basic story:

?Luke.?
    ?Father??
    ?Son, come with me.?

Outside, the Millennium Falcon peeled through space, dodging, weaving, attempting to outrun four TIE fighters that set upon it like harpies, picking, stabbing down with laserfire, attempting to herd it into line-of-sight for the unbelievably massive Star Destroyer to lock on with it?s tractor beam.
    As nimble as the Falcon is, it is clearly not in the expert hands it was days ago.
    Han Solo is gone, sealed in a block of metal, on his way to Tattooine.
    In his place is the capable, but not expert, Lando Calrissian. He once owned the Falcon, but the control are unfamiliar. He is not aware of all the modifications the hard-bitten Correllian has done to it.
    And so it tumbles through space, Nimble, but not the artful dodger it once was.
    The TIE fighters begin to land shots.

?Luke, it is your destiny.?
    ?Ben? why didn?t you tell me??

Admiral Piett, aware of The Dark Lord of the Sith on the other side of the bridge, attempted to continue the aura of cool and control that should be that of an Admiral in his Imperial Highness? fleet.
    But he was nervous. This ship had eluded some of the best in the empire for weeks now. Embarrassing his capable commanders, pilots, warriors. They had to resort to Bounty Hunters, the lowest form of pond-scum in the universe. Worse, they had provided results, further infuriating Piett and making his men look like castrated Nerfs.
    But it would be different today. He had covered all bases.
    He glanced at the Dark Lord who stared out at the flashes in the deep darkness of space, and thought he heard Vader talking.
    No matter.
    ?Alert all commands. Ready for the tractor beam.?

Threepio whined and wailed, and Artoo-Deetoo paid him no mind. The little astromech droid rolled over ribbed ground, past the standing Threepio who used a Falcon bulkhead for a counterweight while flailing his still detached leg. The central computer on Cloud city had imparted a very special secret, something that Chewbacca, despite his howling, and banging around with power couplings would not fix.
    Shutting out Threepio?s noise, Artoo extended a special tool from his body?

The Falcon pinwheeled as more laser shots streaked close by. The taskforce leader of the TIE fighter force could not believe what he was seeing. This correllian freigh

2. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC:
    I keep getting PM's about if people can play canon characters like Luke, Vader, etc. Yes you can. Just PM me first. But I want to point out that for the many people who will probably want to play Darth Vader, this is the hardest role to play well. In this game not only does he have to be dark and vicious, he must also be introspective and perhaps even wistful as he remembers his past. This is more or less the beginnign of his return to light.
    So yes, please play canon characters or make up your own. Thge only one I reserve for the moment is the Emperor, so that this RPG follows a basic storyline I've got in mind. Everything else, however, is up for grabs.
    P.S. Even the Emperor could be played if somebody sends me a mind-blowing idea.

3. Darth_Luinel_Kun

Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    Will this be like Star Wars Galaxy RPG?

4. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC:
    I really don't know if it will be like Star Wars Galaxies, as I've never played it. I hope I have an idea that will distinguish it. I did some searching and couldn't find the RPG. If you know it, link to it, and I'll get back to you.
    But I will not reveal my storyline for comparative purposes. ;-)

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    Approved by the GM

Name: Trimaj Tanos
    Species: Human
    Height: 6'9
    Weight: 247
    Build: athletic
    Eyes: cold steel
    Hair: dark brown
    Other Physical characteristics: has a small gotee
    Occupation: Bouny Hunter, thinking about joining the rebel alliance
    Brief Biography

I watched my family be murdered by the empire, stormtroopers specifically. I was mad with grief and didn't know what to do so I started to get violent, and I was a little to good at it. I killed somone on coruscant and barely escaped. By stealing a ship, the Dawn Chaser, I decided I might as well put this freedom to some type of use. I'm one of the few independant bounty hunters to have made any money other than Boba Fett, I'm a expert marksman and a good enough pilot to fly with the rogues, should I choose to follow that path. I have the luck of a scoundrle and love sabbacc.

6. General_Xenon

General_Xenon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    Character: Xenon (General Xenon)
    Species: 1st class Droid (Lightsaber Droid, high ranking droid)(episode 3, clone wars seasons 1 and 2)
    Homeworld: Coruscant (episode 3)
    height: 8'7"
    color of lightsaber blade: Red
    eyes: yellow (hidden behind faceplate)
    allignment: Sith
    Fighting style: Military/Martial Arts/Forraderi (Fights Dirty)

Description appearence: Sort of a crossover between General Grevious and Durge.
    armor color- black/ gray.
    (will post pictures if approved)

Description/ history:
    Forged of some of the strongst metals is Xenon. A First class droid that some would say came from the same origin as Grevious. Xenon serves the sith orders every call and always gets his target. Being a droid Xenon is void of force powers but makes up with that in sheer force and size. (no hes not fat.) A valuable asset to the sith he is, but has yet to play a huge roll in this war.
    General Xenon is also a Seperatist creation and was trained in the use of a lightsaber by Count Dooku, Who trained many first class droids includind Grevious. Xenon has been lying low for a very long time and now the confrontation has begun. Xenon has risen from a dormant state to serve the sith in thier quest to rid the galaxy of jedi, once and for all.

Knightsaber
    A lightsaber that is very similar to a police nightstick in shape. The extra bar prevents or makes it hard for someone to relinquish this weapon through ways of the force, and can be used as a effective melee weapon.

(approved as well

7. Darth_Luinel_Kun

May 28, 2005
    Knightsaber lol...very creative.

8. -_Meatbag_-

-_Meatbag_- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    Name: Wes Trendak

Species: Human (Corellian)

Height: 6'2'

Weight: 200

Build: Scrawny, wirey

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Shaggy black

Other Physical characteristics: Scar across his cheek, pale, wears semi-beat up clothes.

Occupation: Does whatever he can to get by and make money, includes Bounty Hunting, spice trade, and stealing (if must).

Brief Biography: Growing up as an abandoned boy on the streets of Corellia he has always had to do whatever he needed to get by, he's neutral in every sense. He only cares for himself and his life, it's hard enough looking after himself let alone anyone else.

approved by creator.

9. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    GM Approved

Name: Darth Vader
    Species: Human (Cyborg)
    Height: 2.02 Meters
    Weight: Approx. 250 lbs. (with armor)
    Build: Muscular
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Bald
    Other Physical characteristics: Is confined to a Black Mechanical Suit
    Brief Biography: OS Databank

10. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    GM approved

Name: Lando Calrissian
    Height: ?
    Weight: ?
    Build: fit
    Eyes: brown
    Hair: black
    Other Physical characteristics: snappy dresser, fond of capes, and if anyone can pull it off he can.

Occupation: Administrator of Cloud city a tabbada gass mine floating over Bespin.

Brief Biography: Lando is a slow walkin smoooth talkin scoundral.

11. -_Meatbag_-

Jun 5, 2005
    We need more people i believe...

12. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC: At least two more are coming, filling important roles. but please, spread the word and get other people interested. It will be worth their while.

13. HailTheEmpire

HailTheEmpire Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Name: Luke Skywalker
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: around 160
    Build: Athletic
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Blonde
    Other Physical characteristics: Luke has a robotic arm
    Occupation: Finishing Jedi Knight traning, piloting, Restoring the republic.
    Brief Biography: He is the son of Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, and brother of Princess Leia Organa, and Yoda's final Jedi Padawan learner. As an orphan, he was raised on the planet Tatooine for the first nineteen years of his life, where his uncle Owen Lars and aunt Beru Lars tried unsuccessfully to discourage all tendencies towards the Jedi Order from him. He was told by his uncle that his father had been "a navigator on a spice freighter." Despite this lie, he was still an adventure-seeking youth. Luke possessed talents in droid repair, piloting, and the Force? he was very much his father's son. Obi-Wan Kenobi told Luke that his father had been killed by Darth Vader, a rogue Jedi Knight.

14. -_Meatbag_-

Jun 5, 2005
    *bumps into a chair*

Oww...

15. Darth_Luinel_Kun

May 28, 2005

Name: Luinel Kun
    Height: 1.9 meters
    Build: Tall and muscular
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Black
    Other Physical characteristics: [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/exarkun/img/eu_sm.jpg]
    Brief Biography: Born on Corellia Kun soon trained and became a bounty Hunter then joined The Corellia Guard and gained a very high rank. But decided that being a Merc would pay better. While on Talus he learned the skills of a Artisan. He then moved to Tatoonie to earn his pay.

16. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    I accept your player Kun, but next time please do me the favor of PMing it first just so I know it's not something over-the-top.
    Apart from that, glad to have you!

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    I don't think kun would do something over the top, or not very

18. Darth_Luinel_Kun

May 28, 2005
    Yeah well...

19. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    I'm sure he wouldn't. he seems like an Ok bloke. I just want to make sure all those "other people" don't do that. ;-)

20. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    GM APPROVED

Name: Admiral Piett
    Height: 1.65 meters
    Weight: 180 lbs
    Build: Slim, athletic
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Dark brown
    Brief Biography: Modified OS Databank Entry
    Unlike many of the privileged fleet officers of the Empire, Piett hails from the Outer Rim, and not the prestigious Core Worlds. He proved his mettle in the wilds of the galaxy's backwater, amassing an impressive record of "arrests and suppressions," and helping to make his sector one of the most secure in the region. For his flawless reputation, Piett was awarded numerous commendations and a promotion to the most visible fleet in the Empire, the Imperial Death Squadron.

At the time, Vader's personal fleet was under the command of Admiral Griff. After Griff's failure to prevent the Rebels on Yavin 4 from escaping, command of the Death Squadron fell to the inept Admiral Kendal Ozzel, who was executed personally by Vader for a miscalculated hyperspace jump to Hoth, alerting the Rebels to the Imperials' intentions, allowing them to escape Vader's grasp.

Piett rose to fill the command void, and lead the Death Squadron throughout the Hoth campaign in its relentless pursuit of the Millenium Falcon: Vader's prize. Cornering the Rebel ship in the Bespin system as it attempted to flee with a difunctional hyperdrive, Piett's command captured the vessel.

The giant star destroyer's commander now lies on pins and needles as the captured Falcon is about to be boarded.

21. -_Meatbag_-

Jun 5, 2005
    How many more will we need?

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    don't know. hopefully not many

23. Darth_Luinel_Kun

May 28, 2005
    We don't want noobs though.

24. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Up!

We don't want noobs though.

Does anyone find that coming from a May '05er a little odd?

25. Jedi_Kkruhk88

Jedi_Kkruhk88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2004
    odd indeed

Jango10, how have you been, I don't know if you remember me from the old glory days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.