main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Divergence of Fate

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Deiskrad, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Luinel_Kun

Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    I might only have 200 some post but I have been doing SW RPG for over 5 years.

2. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    K'kruhk, yeah I remember you, from the Clone Wars Defense Force. Good times, good times.

3. Jedi_Kkruhk88

Jedi_Kkruhk88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2004
    Yeah good times indeed, is that place still up and running, I've looked but haven't seen it

4. Deiskrad

Deiskrad Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    Alright, we seem to have assembled a pretty good group of people. I would like a few more Alliance RPers, but we'll do fine with what we've got. Tomorrow I will lead us off with the first official posting. Hope to see your posts soon after!

5. -_Meatbag_-

-_Meatbag_- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    I'll keep a watch on the thread, then. :)

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    same here. i'm independant, so don't know what i'll be doing.

7. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC:
    Alright, I'm officially kicking this wide open. Good luck! Let's make some magic!

IC:
    The Super Star Destroyer Executor

Inside the Maw of the Super Star Destroyer executor, alarms blared and two companies of heavily armed stormtroopers assembled. A scanning crew had started to unlimber under the hull of the Falcon, but it?s ventral blaster cannon had sent them scurrying. From an observation deck, the Dark Lord, Darth Vader, watched with the slighter forms of Admiral Piett and General Veers behind, acting cool and composed but knowing that at least their careers depended on the success of the breach into the Falcon.
    Within two minutes, a sniper shot disabled the dorsal blaster cannon, turning it into an irreparable hunk. A squad of engineers scurried forward and began a sequence to force the Falcon?s gangplank Down.
    Vader hooked his thumbs into his belt and stretched out with the Force. He felt panic and despair within the Millenium Falcon, but also determination. They would fight until they were taken down. He also sensed danger though, that perhaps the desperate rebels might suicide the Emperor?s prize.
    ?General Veers, your men must make a breach now.?
    ?My Lord, the engineers??
    ?Now!? The Dark Lord whirled on him. Veers blanched and gave the word.
    Two teams of Stormtroopers dropped onto it?s dorsal surface, and forced a breach in a maintenance hatch, they dropped in and there were shots.
    ?Teams one and two meeting heavy resistance. Three men down.? Veers reported somberly. Darth Vader paid him no mind.
    The Engineers completed the sequence and the gangplank descended with a groan and with much steam of pressure changing. The armored troopers thundered aboard and there were more shots. The Punctuated noise of blasters set to kill, and the far greater number of humming bursts of weapons set to stun.
    Vader whirled, his black cape nearly enveloping the two senior officers behind him and descended to the flight deck. 4 stromtroopers hurried to catch up.
    Veers might have pointed out that he had not got the word yet from either company commander that the Freighter was secure, but the Dark Lord already seemed peeved, and more so than usual.
    Darth Vader strode up the ramp of the Millenium Falcon. The blaster shots still rang loudly. But he saw two troopers pulling the immaculately dressed, but now dirtied, bloodied and bruised form of Lando Calrissian aft.
    Calrissian. He had Double-crossed the Dark Lord of the Sith. There would have to be repercussions.
    As Vader entered the Main Hangar, he was greeted by a sight which froze him in place.
    A golden Protocal Droid, it?s severed leg in one hand, shrieked in panic upon seeing the Dark Lord, and tried to hobble away. A small barrel-shaped astromech droid was surrounded by Stromtroopers.
    The droids?
    ?Don?t move!? said a stromtrooper sergeant.
    The little droid bleeped defiantly, and shot an electrical spark into the wrist of the stormtrooper. The stormtrooper yipped and viciously kicked the droid over.
    Vader called upon the Force. He tossed the man up into the Millenium Falcon Ceiling, and bashed him once, twice, three times before dropping him down, not moving, to the floor.
    ?The Droids may contain vital intelligence. They are not to be harmed.?
    Darth Vader knew this made sense, since droids had been used before? And yet there was something more to these two droids. Something that made him uncomfortable, that made him remember?
    Vader banished those thoughts from his mind, and continued forward.
    His pre-cognition rang like a bell, and he stepped aside as a Stromtrooper was hurled aft.
    Five troopers were attempting to bring down the raging Wookiee Chewbacca. He tossed the soldiers around as though they were marionettes. Multiple stun blasts seemed to make no headway with the beast. He simply swept out with his huge arms and scattered the troopers like tenpins. Then Chewbacca saw Vader, he remembered the horrible torture that the Dark Lord had subjected him to, how he had given Solo over to a fate of living in a carbonite coffin, and went for the Da

8. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    OOC: Is Lando on the falchon? There was no mention in your opening. If not where am I starting from?

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OCC: where are the independants starting from?

10. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC: Lando Calrissian was indeed captured. You can start him wherever you like on the executor.
    The Independents (I like that name) can start anywhere in the known galaxy. There have to be some advantages to making a whole new character

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC:eek:k. good to know. i'll have to think about that a little.

EDIT

hey meatbag, want to start together? have someone to talk to?

12. HailTheEmpire

HailTheEmpire Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Two Stormtroopers grab Luke, one grabs him by his arms and another by legs and as they drag him off he can't help but look at the mask of Vader. Luke tries to tear his eyes off of him as he can almost feel The Dark Side pulsate around his Black figure...but something else is there underneith the armor of the Dark Lord. The evil aura that swirled around Vader reached out for Luke almost like tentacles, Luke then lets out a yell as it wraps around him.

"AHHHHHHHH NO!!!"

The Stormtroopers stop but then continue carrying him just dismissing his yell as a sign of strugle, little did they know that Luke had saw the most disturbing thing that he feared in Vader, and thats the little bit of Himself that he saw in the Dark Lord. After the disturbing experice with the Dark Side of the living force he passed out and eventually was thrown in a cell.

13. General_Xenon

General_Xenon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    IC: Xenon

meanwhile, in his secret base on mustafar, Xenon is planning out his assault on rthe republic, where he has decided to ht it where ts heart lies. Xenon knowing that there is not much standing i the Siths way wants to make sure that there is no way the republic could reform. With his plan almost complete, Xenon is nly hours away from revealing himself after 5 long years of hiding.

14. QuiGonTim

Jan 29, 2002
    Lando
    ( wakes up in a cell. wincing from pain and feeling a bump on his head.)

Just how much of that wine did I drink last night

( gets up and paces around the cell sorting out hazy memories of being captured and struggling with storm troopers )

Vadah, it's always Vadah, first he alters the deal then he alters it some more.

( pounds his fists against the cell wall in frustration. then climbs above the door frame and prepairs to swing down and kick whom ever opens it in the head.)

--------------------
    Tag:GM

15. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    IC:Darth Vader

Vader paced down the halls of the Executor, two Stormtroopers following him, with Luke, passed out, on a stretcher.

"Take young Skywalker to the Medical Facility," Vader ordered. The two Stormtroopers nodded and walked off, pushing Skywalker with them.

"I'll deal with him later," Vader said to himself. "But know, I have some double-crossers to deal with."

Darth Vader entered the detention area and approached Lando's cell. Vader held out his hand and began to choke the life out of that traitor. As Vader heard Calrissan's throat begin pop, he let go.

"You will not die today, Calrissan," Vader spoke. "I have a better use for you."

Vader left the detention area and made his way to the Medical Facility. He opened the air-lock door and saw Skywalker, his son, laying on a operating table. The Medical Droids were attaching a mechanical hand to Luke's arm, another droid was monitering Skywalker's vital signs. He was stable.

"Foolish of you boy, I thought you would have learned your lesson."

"I am a slow learner."

"Anakin!"

Anakin caught the blue lightsabre that Obi-Wan tossed him. He clashed sabres with Count Dooku, the leader of the Separatists movement. They parried their lightsabres a little more, until Dooku slashed one of Anakin's lightsabres in half. Anakin dropped the other half and continued to duel the Sith Lord. He struck Dooku's sabre, who then brought Anakin's sabre down and swung his up, severing Anakin's arm. Dooku Force-pushed Anakin beside Obi-Wan, the last thing Anakin saw was Yoda entering the room...

Vader shook his head, he was no longer Anakin Skywalker, the Jedi blinded by the Code. He was Darth Vader. Vader peered down on his son as he slowly came to.

TAG: Luke

16. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Name: Silas Naruv
    Species: Human
    Height: 6,2
    Weight: 210
    Build: Built but not huge
    Eyes: Hazel
    Hair: Black, neatly combed
    Other Physical Characteristics: Silas wears a heavy gray cloak and a navy blue tunic with his utility belt. The cloak is worn and in some spots tattered from battle. Silas is pleasent to look at for the ladies.
    Bio: Silas Naruv grew up in the vast corridors of the Jedi Temple as a youngling. The Jedi Master Yoda often taught him as a small child the rudiment and fundamentals of the ways of the Force, as well as Form 1 of lightsaber combat.

All other training, unfortunately, that Silas received came from self-education when he picked through the remnants and rubble of the Jedi Temple as an adolescent. Silas hid in one of the Temple's pantries when Darth Vader and his clone units purged the sacred building.

Ever since, Silas has been a wanderer, constantly evading the omnipresent Galactic Empire breathing down his neck like a beast ready to strike. His mission has been to seek out other Jedi that survived the conflagration of the Clone Wars.

His search led him to Yoda on Dagobah, where his training was completed. He now seeks out Luke Skywalker.

IC: Silas Naruv heaved breaths, his shoulders rising and falling after laying waste to the cadre of Imperial stormtroopers. Bespin was in pandomonium. A mass evacuation ensued as the citizens of Cloud City attempted to flee their city and elude Imperial occupation.

The search had run cold. The Empire had beat him there. Silas could only since the lingering traces of the Force. Pain, anger... angst. A terrible battle had recently occurred between two individuals with considerably power in the Force.

The hum of his green sword put him at ease as he reassuringly tightened his hold on the hilt of his lightsaber. Luke Skywalker, the man he was searching for, had been here. Silas knew that his tenacity had paid off.

A family rushed by. A father, mother and three children. They carried only what they could hastily snatch. Silas reflexsively stepped behind a pillar for concealment. His lightsaber quieted by being sheathed at his side.

Silas heard distant sounds of blaster exchanges.

When he made it to the landing platform for his small starfighter, he found the platform shared by eight crack stormtroopers standing guard. Apparently, an officer had taken an interest in his space craft and marked it for guard posts.

Silas leapt from a ramparted wall, executing a half gainer, his feet smacking center of the dumbfounded stormtroopers. His lightsaber was already a continuous parabola of scintillating fury, shearing through armor, flesh and bone.

Messy blaster shots vainly tried to hit him as he danced around the platform with practiced grace and finesse, picking off each stormtrooper one-on-one. The canopy to his starfighter elevated at his command as he hopped in.

Everything was a go.

<[-]> Saber

17. HailTheEmpire

May 23, 2005
    Before Luke opened his eyes after he regained consciousness he knew Lord Vader, his father was standing over him. If the mechanical wheezing hadn't given away his presence, his undeniable power in the dark side would have gave it away. Luke opened his eyes slowly and looked at the tinted black ovals for eyes in his mask, but this time he didn't fear him, Vader's presence wasn't as menacing as it was when he was draged off of the Millenium Falcon, he was pretty sure that it was because he was healthy and the "black hole" effect that the Dark Side sometimes has wasn't as effective with him being fully healed. Luke began to sit up and as he realeased a breath he spoke in a soft but greif filled tone.

"This is your chance father, I will only become a problem for you."

Luke who is now sitting up on the operating table grabs his mechanical arm and begins to work it out by twirling his wrist and opening and closing his hand. After a moment of silence Luke turns his lower body to let his feet touch the floor of the Medical Facility then stands up off of the operating tabel, Luke now stands face to face with Lord Vader something most humanoids can't live to tell.

"You might as well strike me down...cause I'll never fail Ben, not like you did Vader.

18. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    IC:Darth Vader

"This is your chance father, I will only become a problem for you. You might as well strike me down...cause I'll never fail Ben, not like you did Vader."

Vader coldly stared into his son's eyes, "Obi-Wan has taught you well, but he failed you, my son. He taught you to control your anger, but had you used it, you would have destroyed me easily, and you would have saved your friends. It is his fault that you are here now."

19. QuiGonTim

Jan 29, 2002
    Clinging to the celing beems above the door to ambush anyone who enters didn't work on Vader for some reason.

Darth Vader entered the detention area and approached Lando's cell. Vader held out his hand and began to choke the life out of that traitor. As Vader heard Calrissan's throat begin pop, he let go.

"You will not die today, Calrissan," Vader spoke. "I have a better use for you."

-----Lando
    You..... always...... do......
    ( after Vader left Lando choking and exaggerating his injuries tried to signal the guards )
    ...Gaa.....Gaaa......
    (Then pretended to pass out. Two officers came, wearing black uniforms and black Kabuto, and had there guns drawn. )

-----Officer 1
    Get up you!
    ( kicks lando in the ribs )

-----Officer 2
    Should I get a med tech?

-----Officer 1
    Ordinaraly I would say no, Let him die,but I heard Lord Vader say he had a use for him....Yes get a med tech. I'll stand guard over him.
    (once Lando was alone with the guard he started to mumble drawing the guard closer.)

-----Lando
    gotta get to.....Dantoine.....talk to.....about.......new .....weapon.......
    ( Lando rolled over, caught the guards wrist with one hand, pointing the gun away from him. And as he jumped to his feet he caught the guards elbow with his other hand and ran him into the wall head first. The officer stunned for a minute. Lando pulled the gun out of his hand and turned it on him. )
    Lets you and I swap clothes, I believe your getting the better deal. These shoes,..corellian lether.

-----Officer 1
    You wont get away with this.
    ( lando cracks him on the side of the head with the gun handle. knocking him unconcious )

-----Lando
    Now why did he have ta go and say that.
    ( lando puts on the Black officer uniform and Kabuto )

20. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Silas nestled into the foam seat of his starfighter as it pealed into the upper spheres of Bespin. Imperial TIE fighters were everywhere due to the fact the Empire had decided to establish a garrison on Bespin.

Silas double-checked to make sure his weapons systems were nominal and ready if anything unexpected happend. He did not want to be caught off-guard. Silas kept his distance once he reached orbit around Bespin.

A fleet of Imperial-class Star Destroyers and a sole Super Star Destroyer, the Executor, had blockaded the gaseous planet. His small starfighter was able to nimbly veer around the radius of their scopes, however.

The Imperials were expecting large transport shuttles to be making up the exodus from Cloud City. Silas let the Force flux like a current out of his consciousness. Skywalker was on the Executor.

The unmistakable presence of the dark side was there besides him. Darth Vader. A demon that Silas knew called upon unimaginable powers that he could only conjecture. Silas felt the turmoil within Skywalker.

How would he get onto the Super Star Destroyer undetected? It was impossible. He was so close, yet oh so far.

<[-]> Saber

21. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC:
    I don't want to be nitpicky, but some of you are veering uncomfortably close to god-moding. Take care that you don't overstep that boundary.

IC:
    The Bridge of the Super Star Destroyer Executor

Piett calmly paced the bridge. He was inordinately pleased with the way things had been going. The capture of the Falcon and the detention of it's passengers was without much of a htich. Lord Vader seemd to be spending a lot of time with these prisoners. Perhaps it was a matter of Pride with him. Piett got a feeling there was some history between Vader and this Skywalker. Piett only had a glimpse of him, but he was just a kid. Hardly the ten foot tall "hero" of the rebellion which had supposedly destroyed the death star.
    An aide rushed up to Veers. Piett caught this out of the corner of his eye. The aide and Veers then stepped over to Piett.
    The Aide Saluted and handed over a datapad. It was an army report from the Retribution battalions on Cloud City. Most of it was fairly standard, but there was a Gold-coded bit at the end taht brought his attention.
    "...ten casualties of uncertain origin. Blunt force trauma despite armor, and in a few cases, cuts and lacerations based probably around blades of more precision than vibro-blades. We suspect the weapon is probably a Lightsaber. We Suspect Jedi Involvement and request reinforcements to deal with this threat.
    Gold Code, especially one involving Jedi, was to be immediately kicked upstairs to the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Elsewhere on the Executor...
    Calrissian hated to lose his elegant Silk cape and rancor leather boots. Especially for the boring and style-less imperial uniform that was too small, too tight in vital places, and removed a vital element of his suaveness. Now he had to get rid of the smooth-talking stuff and quickly find the princess and the wookiee and skywalker and somehow get them off this most nightmarish of Vessels.
    It would make a great story for his next Sabacc Tournament.
    He bypassed several decks before settling on a terminal in the detention area manned by a kid who he felt he had a reasonable chance to Con.
    "Lieutenant" The ensign said "How can I help you?"

TAG: BLemelisk, QuigonTim, others

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OCC: Meatbag was supposed to post first, but seeing as he hasn't yet i will try to have something later

23. HailTheEmpire

May 23, 2005
    Vader coldly stared into his son's eyes, "Obi-Wan has taught you well, but he failed you, my son. He taught you to control your anger, but had you used it, you would have destroyed me easily, and you would have saved your friends. It is his fault that you are here now."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke Skywalker- On The Executor

"NO, that's not true. You failed the order father, you turned you back on everything that you were."

As Luke speakes in his explosion of rage he stops himself and looks down at the white floor of the Medical Facility then looks at his robotic hand. He was starting to doubt in his training, and what if...Ben failed his father, and now led him astray hopeing for redemption. Luke closed his eyes, something was clouding his thoughts, he began to reach out for the force and in a matter of seconds he was calmed. Vader, his presence alone was disrupting his connection with the force, but then suddenly a voice spoke to him, it was Ben.

"Luke, do not listen to Vader's claims, the Dark Side has poisened his mind to the point where those lies he spews are the truth to him. A Jedi doesn't fear the Sith nor any other foe, fear leads to the Dark Side. Now, you must excape from The Executor, being at close quarters with Vader isn't wise now, I sense your greef...may the force be with you."

Luke's eyes open and he looks up toward Vader, as he summons the force again waiting for a moment to make his escape.

"You haven't won yet Vader, I can still save my friends."

24. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    IC: Darth Vader

"NO, that's not true. You failed the order father, you turned you back on everything that you were. You haven't won yet Vader, I can still save my friends."

Lord Vader could feel the anger flowing through his son, "You are wrong, my son. The Jedi were blinded by their Code. It was their own arrogance that destroyed them. Trust your feelings Luke, you know this to be true. Obi-Wan kept this truth from you, I know this. He did the same to me."

25. Deiskrad

Sep 22, 2004
    OOC:
    I need Ben Kenobi for something later on. Further, he said in the film "If you wish to face Vader you must do it alone..." So I highly doubt he would arrive here. Let's keep this his only appearance for a while.
    Otherwise, good stuff going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.