main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Divine Chronicles: A Mythological RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Zethyus, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Name: Michaela Vieri
    Power: Can grow scaled green wings, dramatically improve eyesight and breathe flames
    Personality
    ---Traits: Quiet
    ---Dislikes: Ugliness, coldness
    ---Habits: Hisses when she thinks
    Appearance
    ---Skin Color: pale white
    ---Hair Color/Style: long dark hair
    ---Eye Color: green (orange-red when eyesight is enhanced)
    ---Clothing/Equipment: Loose, casual clothing, no equipment
    Weapon(s): None
    Biography (fabricated from Zethyus): Michaela was born into a loving family, and clung to them when the outside world seemed to reject her. She hates to be alone but has few friends, and is not very attractive, a fact which often makes her feel sorry for herself. However, she is a talented artist and enjoys using her abilities, calling herself the dragon angel.

She flew in, stretching her wings out to either side of her in an intimidating display of strength and grace. A thousand thoughts passed through her mind as she looked upon the Throne Room of the Heavens, and she didn?t trust a single one. How could she? What was a dream, and what was not? Was Michaela Vieri the myth, or was it the dragon angel? Her whole life and every memory she ever had- it was all simply the fruit of one being?s imagination. She was merely a puppet in the play- a character that Zethyus conjured for a storybook. And yet there was no?bitterness. No anger. Nothing. She felt strangely devoid of emotion as she surveyed the beauty around her, and did not even think of her own ugliness, for once. This was too surreal for feelings take hold.

She watched the other Divines with disinterest, though she did wonder if any of them could match her; if one of them was favoured more or less than she was; if special care had been taken in their creation while hers was nothing more than an afterthought?perhaps that explained how horrible her features seemed when surrounded by such perfect creatures.

[b]Tag: Throne Room[/b]

2. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    OOC: Sorry I haven't posted an opening response yet, I just graduated yesterday and had a party. I should have one later today or tomorrow morning. Adios.

3. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Alvair Leorn
    Kingdom of the Heavens, Palace of the Heavens

Alvair strode down the twisting marble halls of the Palace of the Heavens. He knew he needed to reach the throne room soon, but he didn't hurry. It wasn't so much the beauty of the place, but the power. Alvair could feel the palpable aura of power that hung in the palace. And he enjoyed it. It also made him feel powerful, for was he not someone of importance in the hierarchy of the Heavens? Alvair smiled. He was a demigod with powers far beyond those of ordinary mortals, one of the captains who would lead the Heavens to victory. I am an instrument of Zethyus. he thought, but then his expression soured. That's all I am, a tool. I can try to ignore it or cloak it in more appealing language but that is the simple fact of the matter.

Alvair turned right and realized that he was in the throne room. He scanned the thrones where the gods sat, as well as the gods themselves. It was his ambition, fantastic and almost beyond belief, to become one of them. The might that would be his... Then Alvair saw the rest of the Divines. That sight brought him back to the moment. He was reminded of how far away that goal was. First, Alvair needed to bend the Divines to his will. Those who resisted would, in all likeliness, meet with fatal accidents in the crusade against the Underworld. It wouldn't be easy. But Alvair was sure of his success. He took a seat in one of the rabbit-fur chairs, setting his staff beside it. He stretched out his legs and made himself comfortable.

Tag: All

4. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Megaera
    Throne Room, Heavens

As the raven haired warrior entered the throne room she could hear the rattling of her armor and sword, as her eyes swept over the serene beauty of the hall of gods she could not help but feel a bit self conscious about it. Here she was in the presence of the great immortals and she presented herself as little better than a loud thug, she slapped her hand over the sword so it would stop its noise and blushed as she hurried to her seat at the table.

Before sitting she took a deep breath to calm herself, she really should not be this nervous but this was the first time ever in the presence of her god, she worshiped Zethyus with a fanatical zeal and it was all she could do to keep the tears from rolling down her face. Though she had not dared look upon his majesty she could feel his being encompass the entire room, she could even feel him in her soul.

Once calmed Magaera rose her eyes to set them upon her God, even before she had looked past the staircase a tear of joy and elation freely ran down her cheek. She looked upon his face and she saw what she always saw, the image of a loving father, because to her that is what he was and would always be. Only a moment passed before she quickly bowed in respect to first him, and then all the other Gods present, with her clumsy entry out of the way she hurriedly sat at the seat and tried to collect herself.

Tag: Anyone

5. Darth-Zame43

Mar 6, 2004
    ic Waht

Waht circled the room silently.

He watched as the other Divines entered, some were in awe of the halls, another one briefly cried when she viewed the gods. It seems the only seats left are at the far end of the right. He thought to himself as he appearred quietly behind the others, to walk to his chair and go on unnoticed. He was not one for big enterances, or showing fake signs of admiration. Not that he was saying that the other people in the room were not displaying genuine feelings of awe, it was that he did not have those genuine feelings. Gods are gods, and I am a Divine, and I am supposed to sit here until I get my death-defying mission...but I don't have to take it with a smile!

Making himself comfortable, Waht decided to take another look at his fellow Divines. They are all so young...

6. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC: Sirius

Sirius strod into the throne room, a clear look of confidence on his visage. He had seen it all before, none of this was new to him. The only reason he was here was because Zethyus himself had called on him to be here, and the great god was perhaps the only one that Sirius listened to. Even the great warrior and leader knew that one would not be wise to anger the greatest of all gods. Sirius saw a man in the throne room. Ever so slightly, Sirius intruded into his brain. The man was feeling anxious, and somewhat worried. The leader made a mental note and stashed it in his brain. That one would need to be watched.

Sirius then made his way over to the plain looking chair in the corner, and put his feet up as he sat down. There was no one here he was currently interested in partking in small talk with, so with a sigh, he waited for someone he knew to come through those doors.

TAG: Any who want to talk

7. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    OOC: Sorry for taking so long to post, everythings hectic, im finishing one of my qualifications so... exams!!

IC: Li Xuu

Amazement was something Li had an extremely easy time trying to hide. Her pace became almost storming as she aproached the Palace entrance and her expression shifted to "aesthetic minx." The sliver blue, tight dress exaggerated Li's anorexic figure. Seemingly cutting through the air, directly for the other Divines. Her hair hung a metre, straight down her unclothed back, as dark as death. Di-Zhen, Li's nunchaku, swung left and right, reaching from her hips to the ankles.

Li stepped into the Throne Room, with her right hand on her hip. With a slight glance around the room, she sighed, creating swift judgements and potential major allies withi the group. With a final glance, Li sat femininely, yet upright in a chair on the right hand side of the perfect room.

Tag: Whoever

8. Zethyus

Zethyus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    OOC: We're going to go ahead and cut to the chase. If you haven't posted your introductory yet, worry not. All of the Divines are now present. :)

[b]IC: Zethyus, God of Life[/b]
    [i]Palace of the Heavens; Throne Room[/i]

[blockquote]Zethyus looked at all of the Divines. They were his creations, but were not aware of it. 'Twas for their own good that this was factual, for their counterfeit memories served them well.

"Welcome to the Palace of the Heavens, Divines," Zethyus said, his voice seeming to have an amplifier connected to it as it boomed throughout the room. "As you are aware, you have been summoned to assist the Heavens in the war against the Underworld. You are divine warriors, capable of many things, and your diverse talents will serve you well on the battleground and other areas that will appear during your time on Ehre.

"Now for your first assignment. As you are aware, the Angel Warriors? largest debility is fire, and the Underworld is well apprised of this. On the scorching continent of Feuer, an army of Zombie Warriors are siphoning lava into a highly technological weapon, and will attempt to unleash the blazing liquid onto a battalion of our soldiers. We do not know how much lava they have acquired, but one thing is certain - they must be stopped before our scenario becomes even worse."

Zethyus looked over to Junoria, Goddess of Knowledge, and she reached into her long white robe and pulled out a prodigious piece of parchment. Laying it out on the table for all of the Divines to see, she spoke. "One of our spies has acquired the blueprint of the Underworld's base on Feuer, where they are siphoning the lava from. The outline is basic, which is puzzling. We suspect that the number of Zombie Warriors located there is very voluminous due to the importance of this weapon that they are creating, and the effect it could have on the Angel Warriors. Following this path," Junoria ran her finger over a drawing of a hallway as she spoke, "will lead you to the edge of the base nearest the lava, where it is being absorbed. We do not know how the weapon operates, or even if it is operational. There is a chance it is, so be mindful of your surroundings."

Zethyus stepped forward. "Clearly, this will not be an easy task, even for you. To bestow upon you further assistance, he will accompany you." Zethyus motioned to his left, where only air stood. But only a second later, a white cloaked figure shimmered in out of thin air. He wore no shirt beneath the open cloak, revealing pitch black skin. Over his body, he wore white pants, boots, and a cloak with the hood hiding the top half of his pitch black face. His eyes were also white, and glowing brightly with no pupils or irises. "This is Arbon, your final Divine."

Arbon nodded his head ever so slightly.

"Now," said Zethyus," it is time for you to depart. Are there any questions before you embark on your first assignment?" [/blockquote]

[b]Tag: Divines[/b]

9. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Palace of the Gods

Sirius immediatly saw through all of the show that the Gods were putting on, and it didn't make him very happy. But he didn't want to cause too much trouble just yet, for a seemingly pointless reason, other than he didn't like something. But the seasoned warrior did raise his hand.

"Are you going to be giving us all your rules and watching us closely like always, or have you learned your lesson and are you going to leave us to our own...devices?"

TAG: Zethyus, All

10. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich listened to what the god's said and eagerly twirled one of his knives around his fingers. Killing is what he was best at. The god's gave him his ability of The God's Fury so he could kill as more than the average human, and he used it, often. He knew this would be dangerous, but fear was something unknown to him. He looked forward to what lie ahead of him.

"Are you going to be giving us all your rules and watching us closely like always, or have you learned your lesson and are you going to leave us to our own...devices?"

Ulrich looked at Sirius and smiled. He knew this man had seen much more combat than he had and he looked up to him. He was the unofficial leader of the Divines and Ulrich thought he led them well. He agreed with what he had just said to the gods. Mainly because of the fact that Ulrich's tactics on the battlefield and in an everday killing were quite, unholy.

"I agree with Sirius."

Tag: All

11. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Megaera
    Throne Room, Palace of the Heavens

Magaera listened as Zethyus detailed the situation and what their mission was to be, and she could not wait start acting on their god's task. She had been given the best training, she had the best education, the monks had been sure of that. All this was simply training for what was to come, and now that time was here, finally.

"Now," said Zethyus," it is time for you to depart. Are there any questions before you embark on your first assignment?" Megaera could not have predicted what came next, but times of great desperation and fear always were accompanied by anger and bitterness. First an unkept man, Sirius she believed his name was, raised his hand and began to speak, "Are you going to be giving us all your rules and watching us closely like always, or have you learned your lesson and are you going to leave us to our own...devices?"

Megaera bit her lips in an attempt to hold her tongue and allow the King of Gods to have his say, but she could no longer do so after he was supported by Ulrich. "I agree with Sirius." Her gloved fist immediately slammed down upon the table, and as she quickly rose her chair fell backwards and struck the floor with a loud thud. She did not care now about how she appeared to her gods and all the timidness present in her moments ago was gone, right now her god had been blasphemed to his very face.

"How dare you question the will of Zethyus!" She spat in fury at the two outspoken ones, even in anger her voice had a most appealing quality. But she was in no mood to impress, she had just been witness to the greatest offenses she knew and her attention remained upon Sirius. "Nobody can know fully what transpires except the gods themselves, do you presume to know more than they?" She then continued with a mischievous grin, "Or are you simply implying that you could do a better job of being a god?"

The question may not seem that intricate to some, but she knew that Sirius could neither agree or disagree with her question. If he admits that he did not know more than the gods than all his bluster would be for nothing and he would look a fool before the other Divines, if he said that he did know more he would have deeply insulted the full pantheon of gods gathered here today. To insult the gods themselves could not be allowed, not by her and not by any who believed in them and followed their guidance. Such was the depth of her commitment and faith, she was a holy knight sworn to defend her Lord and his followers, and that was exactly what she was doing.

Tag: All in the Throne Room of Zethyus

12. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Throne Room of the Gods

Sirius smiled. At least this time he had some support from the team. And then the girl spoke..rather spat...at him, telling him about what the Gods deserved and who they were. She was telling Sirius about the Gods. And did she think that Sirius would just stumble into the trap? What did she take him for, a fool? No, he just had common sense, and refused to play the stuip games the Gods always seemd to place upon his shoulders.

"HA! I am not saying that I am more powerful than these Gods! I know that any one of these Gods present could strike me dead on a whim...Or can they?" Sirus smiled, a knowing smile. He then looked a Zethyus, for he was the only other one present who knew what Sirius was speaking of. "I am simply implying, that when the Gods but into the affairs of us Devines...Lets just say they don't have the best record. And we usually gain victory in spite of them. Perhaps it is just that they are too pure to be good at killing? Perahps the merciless killing is something better left to us pitful mortals, you know, the pityful mortals who the Gods like to tease, and play around with, and SCARE! This revalation I am announcing is nothing new to these Gods. In fact, they probably saw it coming. Though I may say, I havn't gotten my answer yet..."

TAG: All

13. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich admired Sirius for his outspokeness. Many times had the gods scourned Ulrich for using his abilities "to much. If they had given him this ability, should he not use it?

Ulrich looked at Megaera and snarled. He hated when people held themselves above us because they thought they were holy.

"And who are you to judge this man and I? Have you seen what we have either of us has seen? Have you heard what the gods have spoken to either of us? Perhaps you should not jump to conclusions."

Ulrich smiled a smart-alek smile.

"Now back to Sirius' question."

Tag:All

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    EDIT:: OK its good now.

Megaera
    Throne Room, Palace of the Heavens

Even before Sirius had finished speaking his words of discontent Megaera's had to force herself not to interrupt him in rage, she could not believe that one would so openly disrespect the will and ways of the gods. "Why should the gods give you anything? Her musical voice chimed softly, "Maybe they are waiting for you to prove that you are worthy of such a thing." Megaera looked at him with her deep blue eyes for a few seconds before saying anything more.

"And who are you to judge this man and I? Have you seen what we have either of us has seen? Have you heard what the gods have spoken to either of us? Perhaps you should not jump to conclusions." Ulrich smiled a smart-alek smile. "Indeed, and who are you to question a god? Even a fraction of their knowledge would drive your small mind insane, yet you jump to heated conclusions of your own, further more you make serious accusations as to the very integrity of the gods." Megaera could not agree with either of these men, they were like children throwing a tantrum before their father. There was no honor in them, nor any respect, even for the gods.

"Your words are filled with bitterness and fear warriors, and there is no faith left in your soul." At first she felt anger toward them for his insult to the gods, but after her last statement she suddenly felt that she understood. Could they truly have no faith left in the gods? Even the thought of it was saddening to her, how lonely and afraid he must really be inside. "I shall pray for you Sirius and for you Ulrich, without faith and hope we are nothing." This was said in truth, for she did believe that to be without faith is to be lost. Megaera had no desire to say more to the men, quitely she picked up her chair and sat back at the table.

"Now, back to Sirius' question." Ulrich stated bluntly.

Tag: Tag: All in the Throne Room of Zethyus

OOC: I hope that is ok with you guys, I mixed the posts a bit and came up with something that seemed to flow more. :p

15. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Thorne room of the Gods

Sirius smiled.

"Honey, when you have seen what I have seen, you will lose your nieave faith quickly. It's not that I don't have faith, its that I have faith in what the Gods truly are. Horrible, mean beings who like to play games with people. I am over it, as they know. And the Gods did give me something. I am telekenetic, though I see it more as a curse."

TAG: All

16. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Aleric

Ulrich could no longer remain completely calm. He got up and pushed back his hood and leaned towards Megaera.

"I witnessed my father murder an innocent mother and child just for a few gold coins. You tell me where the intergrity lies in that?"

Ulrich sat back down and threw his hood back over his head. He looked at the gods in complete disgust. His eyes turned into a fiery red color as the memory of that fateful night ran threw his mind. He closed his eyes for a minute and when he opened them back up they had returned to normal.

17. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya Yubari
    Throne Room

"I witnessed my father murder an innocent mother and child just for a few gold coins. You tell me where the intergrity lies in that?"

"Without suffering there can be no compassion." Maya said looking to the group fighting. "If the gods intervened then we would be slaves to them, with no free will. What would we be then? I suggest we all stop bickering and work on a plan of how we can achieve this task without all dying. Do we agree? Good." She said not giving anyone a chance to respond. She then stood and walked forwards slightly.
    "How many enemy are situated there and are there any safe places for me to meditate?" She asked facing Zethyus.

tag: All

18. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Alvair Leorn
    Kingdom of the Heavens, Palace of the Heavens

Alvair straightened up from his comfortable pose. The Divines had entered into an argument touched off by the question of whether they would be left to their own devices or whether they would be shepherded through the whole process by the gods. He studied the combatants. On the first side there were two: Sirius and Ulrich. Fools. Alvair thought. Their words were insulting to the gods and when they were literally right in front of them, it showed poor judgement. The woman taking up the other side was more clever. Her arguments were sophisticated, as were her tactics. Alvair's eyes narrowed. He would need to watch this one. It was possible her piety could be an affectation and Alvair needed to find out whether this was true. Now the only question remained to decide whether to enter the debate. Alvair quickly decided against it. He wasn't willing to take sides until he knew more about the participants on those sides. Then one Divine moved the discussion back to the mission. He liked the premises of the mission. His strength was manipulating ice, so he should have no trouble with lava. Alvair waited to see what would happen.

Tag: All in Throne Room

19. Darth-Zame43

Mar 6, 2004
    ic Waht

Waht sat patiently, watching his recently aquirred companions argue.

Blow after blow, they constantly attacked one another with hateful remarks. They hardly know one another and they are already at each others throats. Very emotional, very opinionated. He thought to himself. This could be an interesting journey. I guess I could stick around for a little bit...

A woman spoke loudly. She seems to be trying to play peacekeeper. But anger can make one deaf to words of reason, if there is any reason in the words at all. Hmm. Waht looked around the room to see the others reaction to the recent outburst.
    One Divine shifted in his chair and looked as if he was hard thinking about what was taking place. After a few seconds he regained his composure.

Waht briefly glanced at Zethyus. Always sending me on death defying missions, you old fart... He slightly chuckled. And always with some disfunctional, ego battling, family of warriors that end up loving and hating each other. he gave a small smile, looked away and wiped off any emotion he may have had on his face.

tag all.

20. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Qyjoep

Heavens, Throne Room

The demigod stroked his beard lightly, looking over the others as his other three arms folded on his chest. His free hand soon joined them as his turquoise eyes glanced over the god Zethyus.

Qyjoep didn't care much for the mission he was to be given, let alone the other Divines. If they died, it wouldn't matter to him. He would continue to live on until his own destiny was fulfilled.

He tapped his armor plated shoulders in silence, awaiting another imbecile to speak out of turn to object or agree with the god who had summoned them to this throne room. The rabbit fur was making him itchy...

TAG: Nobody really

21. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich listened to the words of the other divine and watched the reactions of two others, they were right. They should not begin this journey in a bad way. They would have to count on each other. Ulrich would try to make things right again. He stood and once again pushed back his hood.

"Listen, my statements were unneccesary and disrespectful. Only the gods know the relationship I have with them and I hope they understand were I was coming from.

But we must stick togethter during this mission. Each of us possesses a gift that will at some point help out, and we must use these gifts as a team. Even though we have gotten off to a bad start I hope you all will learn to trust me and have faith that if you are in trouble I will be there to assist each and every one of you. And I hope I can say the same if I am in trouble.

Now, this pathway that has been laid out for us, how much time should we have undetected?"

Ulrich sat back down and stared at the gods. His relationship with the gods was very much a rocky one, but he still had respect for them and there awesome power.

The divine which had changed Ulrich's mind on the situation then spoke.

"And are there any safe place for me to meditate?"

Ulrich looked at the lady confused.

"My lady, no disrespect but, Meditate? We are being given a mission to break into a Zombie stronghold, I seriously doubt there will be anytime for meditating. Yes we may go undetected for a little while but eventually word will spread around the island that we have arrived and there will be no safe place."

22. PressRedForFreakMode

Apr 29, 2006
    IC: Li Xuu

The interior of the Palace was stunning. It shimmered in the clearness of light. It interested her as to how it keeps dust free and sparkling. Well, it was more interesting than the petite arguement being played out infront of her.

"Mmm... I can see your point. Is there no possibility of the Lady meditating. Im unsure as to how hectic events will reach once we are on the mission. Is it not possible for the lady to meditate before battle and use the energy meditated for the battle?"

As full inside knowledge was unaccessable to Li, she found it hard to come up with an easy, thought out solution.

Tag: ScaPaCamem

23. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    OOC: Taken to pm...

24. PressRedForFreakMode

Apr 29, 2006
    I did read it, but focused on what you had replied to maya and forgot. sorry

25. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya Yubari
    Throne Room

"I'm afraid not. For my powers to take effect i require meditation. I will need to be relativly close to have greater effect." Maya said shaking her head. "We cannot win this battle without me," she said arrogantly, she knew of her power many divines would die without her.

tag: All

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.