main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Divine Chronicles: A Mythological RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Zethyus, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich thought about what the two Divines said.

"We cannot win this battle without me,"

Ulrich smiled.

"Your cocky, I like that."

Ulrich hated to do this, but he had just got done stressing teamwork, so he would try to find a way to comply.

"I do not see how this can be done, but perhaps we can find away."

He looked around at the other Divines.

"Perhaps we should try to give her some time to focus her powers before we battle against the machine."

He looked at the woman.

"Does that sound like a plan to you? We can try to hold the enemy off temporarily before we enter the area with the machine and allow you to meditate. Howwever, we cannot guarantee you any certain amount of time. Maya this is very, very risky."

Ulrich thought to himself. This was such a dangerous deciscion, was this the right thing to do? He began second-guessing himself. He began to think it would be more of a risk to try and give her this time.

Tag:joesha.

2. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    OOC: Sorry for lack of posting. I've been really busy. I have stuff to do tonight, but after work tomorrow, I'll post. Sorry. Thanks.

3. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Alvair Leorn
    Kingdom of the Heavens, Palace of the Heavens

Alvair frowned. The other Divines were trying to work together as a team, but their efforts were misguided. This whole meditation situation was a good example. Instead of trying to show teamwork by letting this woman have meditation time even if it wasn't expedient, they should be doing what was best for the team. If that meant that she didn't get any meditation time and had to go into battle without being able to use her special power, so be it. Alvair usually wouldn't step out of line and express this sentiment, but they were formulating a battle plan, and he wanted to make sure that the group was as effective as possible. He cleared his throat and spoke.

?Is this really in our best interest? Ulrich, I understand that you are attempting to be a team player but I do not believe that this is the best course. True teamwork is trying to do what is best for the group as a whole. If acquiring meditation time for her would be more dangerous than it's worth, why should we attempt to acquire it??

He waited for responses from the Divines.

Tag: All in Throne Room

4. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    IC: Li

Before another Divine could spit a reaction to this question, Li threw her words.

"I understand your meaning. As the Lady informed, we, as a team, won't be very much wothout her powers, and may be required to work with that, but we may not need her power if we are as smooth and swift as possible to engage in combat an eliminate the opposition. I see we have landed into a catch 22. Potentially. We could lose out either way. I suggest an overal decision as soon as possible."

This scenario shouldn't have been confusing as whats come about...

Confusion clouded Li as to her opinion on which course of action to decide.

Tag: Everyone

5. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich listened to what the others said and took in their suggestions. He now had to make a descision and decide what side he would take.

His gut instinct told him that they could do this without her power. The fact that she thought they couldn't, he liked, but perhaps she was overstepping her posistion by making that statement. He began to think that it would be to much of a risk to the team to allow this woman to meditate.

"This is a deciscion we will have to make as a team. But Alvair has a good point. This could be just as dangerous to give you this time Maya, as it would be to go in without your power. We would certaintly not all live, perhpas we would suffer great losses. I am going to side with Alvair and Li, we should go in and get out a swift as possible. I am sorry Maya, but it is just to much of a risk."

Ulrich bowed his head. He knew they would be working as a team for a very long time. However, he had decided to side with Alvair and Li for the good of the team. "This IS the best decision," he told himself.

Tag:All

OOC:Where is the GM?

6. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    IC: Li

"Apologies, Maya, but please understand the sacrifice, almost, if you were to join the battle. I clearly see now this mission should be completed with haste and force."

Li sympathetically gazed at Maya before turning to Ulrich.

"I agree with your conclusion. I see now how it would be the the best possible course. When are we to put action to our planning?"

Li glazed around the room, waiting for responses and opinions about the decision Ulrich had to make.

Varied outcomes of the Divine's was expected but Li could purely not to bothered to deal with them. She believed that the chosen path was the better of the choices and didn't want to have that sureness undermined.

Tag: All Divine's

7. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya Yuabri
    Throne Room

Maya swung her sword round in one fluid motion and decapitated both Li and Ulrich.

No, that would get me in trouble She thought snapping out of her daydream. This early on in their working as a team and there have been two arguments, she clearly had the greatest power. Being able to throw fire or fight really well was all very well but she could change the course of an entire battle.
    "I have been working on using my abilities in the heat of battle. Maybe this would be a good time to try it, although it will not be as... potent." She said finally sitting back in her chair, this was not a good start.

tag: All

8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC: Sirius
    Throne Room

It was clear something needed to be done, and Sirius didn't trust the Gods to do it. The hardened warrior was well aware of Maya's ability, and it seemed as though a boost in morale was just what this team needed right about now.

"Okay guys, listen up. There may be different...oppinions on the Gods and whatnot represented here, but we are all on the same team. All of us here agree that something needs to be done about this zomby facility and the war, and we all agree that we are the best to do it. We may have different philosophies, but diversity is a great thing. We all bring something different to the table, and not one of us is better than the rest. Just different, and perhaps more usefull in a givin situation. So here is what we are going to do. We are going to sit down, take a deep breath, and then Maya here is going to use her power. After this is done, we will plan out the best way of attack. Sound good?"

TAG: All

9. Zethyus

Zethyus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    IC: Zethyus, God of Life
    Palace of the Heavens; Throne Room

Zethyus had a mental smile painted on his heart as this predicament occurred. Everything was working out nicely.

"Silence," Zethyus said, raising from his throne. "The gods will do what we believe is best for the outcome of this war. Now, it is time for your departure." He nodded across the room to Herthoris, God of Transportation, and a circular portal with a blue hue appeared in the front of the table.

Arbon nodded without a word and entered the portal, expecting the other Divines to follow.

Tag: Divines

10. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich checked that all his weapons were safely secure and ready to be drawn at any point. He got up and began walking towards the portal. He was began to sweat. But this was not because he was scared, he was eager. He looked at the blue portal and smiled. He knew he and the other divines would go down as trhe greatest heroes of all time if they were to succesfuly complete the missions that lie ahead of them.

He stopped at the portal and turned towards the other divines.

"We may have our differences but we must put them aside and begin to trust each other, RIGHT NOW. We have the fate of the world resting upon our shoulders, and we must not fail humanity. I hope we can come to call each other brothers and sisters of battle, for I do believe the gods gave us our powers to work together, to aid each other and the world during this time, the glorious time of the Divines."

Ulrich turned and walked throught the portal, ready for the dangers that lie ahead.

11. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    GM Approved

Name: Mach (pronounced Mock)
    Power: Can run as fast as the speed of sound, infinite amount of energy (cannot tire)
    Personality
    ---Traits: Haughty and cocky, good with the ladies
    ---Dislikes: Boredom, too much talking
    ---Habits: Tends to get on people?s bad sides due to his arrogance, flirtatious
    Appearance
    ---Skin Color: Tan
    ---Hair Color/Style: Short, spiked and yellow, green goatee and sideburns
    ---Eye Color: Brown
    ---Clothing/Equipment: [image=http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9060/mach038be.jpg]
    Weapon(s): N/A
    Biography (fabricated from Zethyus): Tossed like a stone from orphanage to orphanage, Mach never knew his biological parents. He did not care anyway. The only thing he cared for was action, and the thrill of running at the speed of sound, an ability that he was enigmatically bestowed upon when born.

Finally when Mach came of age, he left his current orphanage and ran around Ehre for months. Due to this, he became famous and was recruited by the Heavens to become a warrior. Under the condition that Mach was offered unlimited space to run, he accepted.

[b]IC: Mach[/b]

[color=sienna]Mach let the argument between most of the Divines go in one ear and right back out the other and his head was tilted back, his mouth wide open, and his eyes shut in a quiet slumber. All of this talking was far to boring for a Divine of his taste. He wanted to get running, and quickly.

Finally, when the blue portal was opened, Mach opened his eyes as quick as a flash of light. It was about time.

Jumping out of his chair, not bothering to listen to the motivational speech given by his fellow Divine Ulrich, he sped through the portal, not caring what was on the other side. [/color]

[b]Tag: Any[/b]

12. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Qyjoep

Heavens, Throne Room

The four-armed Divine's turquoise eyes flashed as the portal opened. A cold grin crossed his face as he drew his blade, holding it to his side with his main right arm. Qyjoep's remaining three arms swayed with his body as he meandered over to the portal.

He had said nothing to the others, neither agreeing nor disagreeing with their courses of action. The coal-skinned Divine flicked his hair back with a turn of his head and entered the portal, ready for the zombies that lay ahead.

TAG: Any

13. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    ic Waht

"Now that all of that was cleared up." Waht said quietly.

He watched as Zethyus gave his speech and opened the portal, which Arbon silently walked through. They began to get ready. Some checked their weapons, one ran quickly threw it. Waht gave a slight yawn. The suspense of battle was killing him.
    Not.
    Just another mission.

"Must find Maya." He muttered to himself. "Find her now." He said as he walked among the other Divines that had not yet went through the portal. "Ahh! Young girl, there you are." Waht said in a friendly manner.

"Maya is it? I can help you out. I can turn invisible, go throw things, and if I happen to come across a vacant room or hidden area I will bring you to it. However, if there is no vacant room or no hidden area I would recommend that you stay in the center of the group. I will help if I can."

Waht bowed his head slightly and step through the portal.

tag Maya, all

14. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Tavince

She said nothing throughout her companions' bickering, but grew concerned, and more than a bit uncomfortable, as the argument escalated. The fact that none of the gods or goddesses made any move to intervene astounded the healer, and bothered her even more. Finally, however, the fighting ceased, and a short discussion arose regarding one Divine's need for meditation in order for her powers to work, and how to deal with it. An agreement was reached, and Zethyus urged them to depart, as a portal appeared before them, courtesy of the God of Transportation. Tavince rose from her chair, and did not hesitate to step through after the others.

Tag: Divines

15. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya Yubari
    Throne Room

"Maya is it? I can help you out. I can turn invisible, go throw things, and if I happen to come across a vacant room or hidden area I will bring you to it. However, if there is no vacant room or no hidden area I would recommend that you stay in the center of the group. I will help if I can."

"Thank you, it's nice to see that not all of our allies are idiots blinded by their "unofficial leadership", it's sickening!" Maya said shaking her head, she unchained her sword and swung it onto her shoulder. "Whats your name then?" she asked walking to the edge of the portal and looking at it questioningly.

tag: Waht

16. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    ic Waht

"I am called Waht." Waht replied to Maya.

"And it would be best to not be bothered by them." He commented. "We may have a long journey ahead of us and clashing ego's won't make it any shorter."

Waht smiled, brought his arm from his side and pointed his hand towards the portal. "After you."

tag Maya, all.

17. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    Throne Room

"Don't worry, i'll keep my claws in." Maya joked smiling at him. She stepped quickly into the portal and felt a sudden colt flow over her body, like she'd walked through a thin sheet of icy water but this was soon met by the sweltering heat of an active volcano. She quickly put her head back through the portal. "Nice to meet you Waht."

taG: All

18. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich watched as nobody paid attention to his speech. He tried to get them to work as a team but they were all to blinded by their ego's, it was disgusting. This girl Maya was the worst of all, the fact that she ACTUALLY believed that the others would die without her, was discpicable.

He thought he heard a faint whisper coming through the otherside of the portal about someone telling Maya he would help her.

"Pitiful, we reach an agreement as a team and these two egotistical fools go behind everyone's back and make another agreement," he thought to himself.

He began to yell at the other divine's.

"Do you all think we can just rush in their with no plan and kill everything in site?! I don't care if one of you has the power to make the sky fall, that's not how things work. We wait here for all the divines to step through and we come up with a plan. I will not die, not this day."

His eyes began to glow red again. His fury burned inside of him. He would not die just because everyone else's egos were getting in the way.

19. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    IC: Maya Yubari
    Feuer

"Ulrich! Calm down! Stop shouting orders about, we don't need it. You are only making matters worse, after that little spat back there moral is low enough. We don't need some guy who thinks he's the next best thing to Zethyus running around treating us like kids!" Maya shouted walking over to Ulrich who appeared to be running around like a headless chicken. She noticed his eyes glowing read. "Oh, you can stop that too!"

tag: Ulrich, others.

ooc: ScaPaCamen, don't take this personaly, Maya is just a brat!

20. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich was fed up with Maya. He would certainly look after the others and hope they did they same for him but she was on her own.

"And you can stop that too."

Ulrich got right up in her face, his eyes now burning a dark crimson color.

"Listen girl. I have been fighting in battles my entire life. Perhaps you really do think that we cannot win this without your magnificent powers. But I tell you this now, your power means nothing to me."

Ulrich turned and looked at the others.

"Now will the rest of you care to listen or will you follow the way of Maya, which will certainly get you killed. Do not let her get into your head. I am trying to work WITH you all. I am nottrying to command anyone."

21. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    Feuer

"Not trying no! You just do it naturaly! We wait here for all the divines to step through and we come up with a plan. You not calling that a command!" Maya shouted her hand gripping her swords handle so tightly that her hand went whiter than it already was. She then closed her eyes and sighed heavily. Grabbing Ulrich's arm she dragged him slightly to one side. "I don't like you, i think that is obvious and i will not take commands from you. However we need to work together, i don't want you to like me, the idea repulses me, however i do want you to accept me and my power. You can hate me more than hell itself however even you know that my power is a valuable asset. Lets work something out and try to get along at least until this mission is over."

tag: Ulrich, others.

22. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich saw Maya gripping her swords, ready to draw them. He smirked. She may have the greater ability when it came to changing the tide of a battle, but Ulrich was given the power a power that allowed him to kill more efficiently with a blade than the rest of these, warriors.

His hands turned red, time itself slowed down in his mind, his reflexes sharpened. He then saw Maya let loose of her grip and grab for his arm. He calmed down momentarily.

"I don't like you, i think that is obvious and i will not take commands from you. However we need to work together, i don't want you to like me, the idea repulses me, however i do want you to accept me and my power. You can hate me more than hell itself however even you know that my power is a valuable asset. Lets work something out and try to get along at least until this mission is over."

Ulrich grab the girls hand and threw it off himself. He took a step closer to her.

"Hah! How dare you drag me over here trying to preach about teamwork. I heard you and that old man talking. The team reached a deciscion, it is to dangerous for you to meditate. And instead of you two discussing this plan with the team you go behind the back's of the rest of us and come up with your own plan."

Ulrich began walking away. He stopped and turned.

"Now once you start acting like you want to be part of this team, then we will talk."

Tag:Joesha, all

23. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    Feuer

"The team made no descicion Ulrich, you preached and two others supported you. Thats not the group, thats just you." Maya said extremely calmly. "I've offered a truce, for the good of the mission and for everybody heres lives. You may say that my being part of the group will not effect the battle but do you truely wish to risk that for your pride. Now i'm going over there... to the group. My offer still stands."

Maya hung her sword back on its chain and walked slowly back to the group shaking her head slightly in disgust

tag: Ulrich, all

24. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

When she spoke of the other's lives he realized she was right.

"Fine!" He shouted."But once this mission is over, I pray that Zethyus never sends me on a mission with someone as egotistical as you."

Ulrich looked down at Maya's swords.

"And if you ever wish to draw your sword against me, I would suggest not doing it. You mayh have the power to amplify other Divine's powers and to cause despair in the enemy and what a magnificent power that is, but you cannot kill like I can."

Ulrich walked towards the portal waiting for the other divines to step through.

25. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    Feuer

"Fine!" He shouted."But once this mission is over, I pray that Zethyus never sends me on a mission with someone as egotistical as you."

"Well if you can find a way of not going with yourself you should be happy then." Maya said out of earshot of the tempremental Divine. The heat was almost unbearable in this disgusting land. She was sweating so much that her eye makeup had run down her face leaving vivid black streaks. She unchained her sword once more and plunged it into the ear before leaning on the hilt. She was no warrior and the heat was really draining her energy but she knew that when she saw the zombies Zethyus would fill her with the energy she needed.

tag: All

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.