main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Divine Chronicles: A Mythological RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Zethyus, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    OOC: I am leaving for the weekend. I give the GM full permission to use my character as he wishes.

2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Tavince

Witnessing a second argument between Ulrich and Maya almost immediately after arriving on Feuer was disheartening for Tavince, and she felt like she ought to do something about it. Before she could step in, however, the two moved apart, and Ulrich went to wait by the portal, while Maya rejoined those who were already present. Still feeling that she should say something to ease the tensions, she looked to Ulrich. "You know," she offered tentatively--she didn't want him losing his temper with her--"Waht only offered to help Maya if he could. There is no guarantee he will be able to. And even if he is, what of it? All the better for us, isn't it? At least she has a power that can aid us in actual battle. Not all of us were graced with abilities that make us better warriors, Ulrich."

Tag: Ulrich, Divines

3. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich became heated once again after ANOTHER Divine apporached him AFTER the arguement had been settled.

"What it is with you people? I try to end the arguement and you have to come over and start it up again? Maya and I reached an agreement."

Ulrich looked around. He did not want to hear anymore of this.

"She may have a power that can aid us. But what of Waht's powers? What good will they be doing if they are concentrated on Maya? None! I know her power is a very useful one, and during a time when we are not rushed to complete a mission it will be a power that none of us can equal. But right now we need to use brute strength. We need to get in and get out as fast as we can. Or perhaps you wish to take a tour of the building INFESTED with Zombie warriors? Honestly, we are outnumbered heavily in there. And you will not change my mind that "meditating" is not the best idea given the circumstances."

Tag: All

OOC: Lol, don't worry guys, my character won't be this stubborn about EVERYTHING.:p

4. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Tavince

Taken aback by his outburst, Tavince normally would have walked away, to avoid further upseting him, but Ulrich's attitude had struck a nerve. "I didn't come over here to start an argument, I'm just trying to help. It's no wonder you bicker with everyone, you make it an argument, yelling like that! And forgive me, but it didn't sound like you and Maya were agreeing on much over there. But if you say you two have an agreement, then I won't approach the subject again."

Tag: Ulrich, Divines

5. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    OOC: I took the liberty of creating the Zombie Warriors here.

6. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    IC: Li Xuu

The whole "You stole my cookie!" arguement was one of the most pathetic scenario's Li had to be associated with. Ulrich needed sympathy and a little support and Maya needed, apart from a smack, to learn what Ulrich's position must feel like. A snappy comeback, however, was hard to find.

"Im bored." Li expressed to gain the attention of the other Divine's. She stood from her seat and leaned with her hands on the table, arms stretched. Her silky, refreshing hair fell over her shoulders, strands of pure life.

"I want to know what is going on. And take a guess, i want to know it now. Everybody raise your hands if you thought i was going to say that." Li sparked with sarcasm. She wasn't looking for a fight, just a crystal solution, that worked for every Divine, to get on with the task at hand.

Tag: Divine's= All, Gods= All

7. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Alvair Leorn
    Feuer, Portal Exit

Alvair didn't know whether to laugh or curse. He had stepped out of the portal and walked right into another argument between the Divines. Alvair had hoped that, when they reached Feuer, the group would become something of a fighting force. Sadly, this did not seem to be happening. I now see why Zethyus had the group meet in the throne room. he thought. It was the only place where everybody's ego could fit inside. Alvair stepped past the rest of the group and surveyed the terrain, trying to pick a course of action. He wiped his forehead, where sweat was beading. The heat and humidity were oppressive. Alvair stood for a moment, filled with an irritation fueled not entirely by the heat. Then he grinned. His skill was manipulating ice. What did he have to worry about? Alvair drew on his power, cooling himself down. A blue aura flickered around his body. He turned back to the group with a smug look on his face. Now he needed to get everybody to work together. Ignoring the latest statement in the conversation, he spoke. ?If we keep standing here and arguing, we're going to draw every Zombie Warrior and his kid brother. We can debate the finer points of secret agreements and leadership clashes over a pint, once we're finished. Now, however, is not the time. The mission has already begun and we are facing very real risks due to the face that we are in enemy territory. Let's stop bickering and get this over with.?

Tag: Divines, GM for surroundings

8. Zethyus

Zethyus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    OOC: Hey everyone. I apologize for my absence (this moves pretty fast), but due to real life constraints, I will have to resign as GM from this game. Fortunately, Dark_Enigma is going to take over for me. As far as I'm concerned, this game has far too good a cast to be locked due to a GM resignation, and D_E has offered to take over. Once again, I apologize, but real life is hectic right now and I am unable to keep running this.

-Zethyus

9. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    OOC:D_E have you ever been a gm before?

10. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006
    OOC: SpaPaCamem, questions for the GM should be resolved over PM. But yes, I have.

[b]IC: [link=http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/7076/arbon032lw.jpg]Arbon[/link][/b]

[color=sienna]Arbon carefully looked over the assembled group of Divines once all had stepped through the portal created by the God of Transportation and the bickering had come to a halt at last. They all seemed that they would prove themselves in the battlefield, for they each possessed distinct and unique powers. He had a special gift as well, but he never liked to elaborate on its details.

He looked around at the scorching milieu. There were various small volcanoes spread throughout the otherwise desolate and flat land of red rock. Fortunately, none were currently active, but that could change on a moment's notice. In the midst of it all, about one hundred yards away, was a black fortress directly in front of a large pool of lava, no doubt the base that they were searching for.

"Divines," said Arbon. His voice was odd. It had a mechanical tone to it, and was a bit lighter than usual. "The fortress behind me belongs to the Zombie Warriors, and is the one that we are to infiltrate. We are expecting a large number of Zombies inside, so you'd best prepare yourselves now. Stealth will be a key issue here, and we will not want to alarm the fortress and have all the Zombies piled onto us at once. Follow." With that, Arbon turned on his heel and strode towards the fortress, expecting the Divines to follow. Something wasn't right here... [/color]

[b]Tag: Divines[/b]

11. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich had a big smile on his face when the last divine said stealth would be important.

"Ahh, someone who actually agrees with me. Lead on my friend."

Ulrich began following the dark, mysterious Arbon. He walked at a quick pace. He finally caught up with the Divine.

"So, what can you do my friend? I have seen what the others can do, but how about you?"

Ulrich looked at Arbon, waiting for a response.

Tag:Enigma

12. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Arbon

The Divine called Ulrich walked up to Arbon.

"So, what can you do my friend? I have seen what the others can do, but how about you?"

Arbon looked over at Ulrich continuing his current pace, his glowing white eyes seeming to stare straight through the other Divine's body. Then, without a word, he looked back towards the fortress and continued walking, deliberately ignoring Ulrich. He would find out soon enough.

Tag: ScaPaCamem, Divines

13. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Once again Ulrich had been disrespected by one of these great warriors.

He began looking around at these divines, these supposed amazing fighters, created by the gods. However he then realized why he was so different. All of these people were given powers to help during a battle. Alvair had ice, this would be useful during this mission. Maya had her amplifying abilities, amazing because of teamwork. Megera had her enchanted songs, etc., etc.. However, Ulrich had the ability to kill. With his power of God's Fury, an amazing surge of power that pretty much made him superhuman, he could kill at such a rapid pace, and he possessed no mercy. Why was he given this barbaric ability, instead of an ability like the others, who could turn the tide of an entire battle.

Perhaps that is why his intentions are so different, because he was made so differently. Although he wishes to work as a team, he somehow always feels as though he always has the better idea. Perhaps that was because of his experiences.

He decided to try once more to explain his intentions.

"I am asking for everyone's attention once more. Some of you believe I am rude for not being considerate of Maya andher abilities. I was raised by soldiers and as a soldier I was taught you never stop for one's needs unless they are mortally wounded. I think even Arbon may see where I am coming from. He also knows we must spend as little time as we possibly can in their. And if the rest of you wish to continue to go on believing we can take this time out for resting, or meditating, than fine, I will never try to give my well-established opinions again. But I know war, and I know how to go about fighting one, perhaps not all of you do..."

Ulrich shook his head and continued walking towards the magnificent structure of the Zombies.

Tag:All

14. PressRedForFreakMode

Apr 29, 2006
    IC: Li Xuu

"Self pity will not get you anywhere. Regardless of what everyone believes, your opinion is still needed, as is everyones. Surely we should all be accustomed to war? I don't know about the others but you can rest assured, i've had my time in war and battle and know the optimal roots of winning one. My power; I send a rush of spirit-like light from my body pushing enemies back. Yes, my power will not have the effect maybe yours will have but i can protect. I am very skilled in the nunchaku also, as well as various other weaponery. If your statement of people not knowing how to successfully carry out a war was aimed at Maya, I may have point against. Her power will be a great use, but perhaps not for now. She initiated the idea of having a quiet area to meditate to utilise her ability, so it would appear as though she is accustomed to war. So who exactly was the meaning of that?

Li managed to successfully talk arguemntatively without losing her temper and dicing someone.

Tag: ScaPaCamem

15. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    ic Waht

Waht looked around at the other Divines and slowly raised his hand, signaling that he would like to speak.

"Everybody, if Maya's power is to be used it should be used now. We are undetected and close to the Zombie base." He turned his head towards Ulrich. "And you, don't worry friend. I will be where I am supposed to be. Whether it be making sure Maya is in a secure place, out on the battlefield along side the rest of you, or to whatever other cause in which I am needed."

He looked left, to get a good view of the fortress they would be infiltrating. "Input?"

tag all.

16. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

Ulrich turned towards Li and looked around at all the other people.

"It was meant to all the people who keep going on about how we must respect her power's and use them. I am sorry, but I have not seen any battle experience from any of you. Perhaps you have been involved in a war, but it does not seem like it."

Ulrich liked Waht's idea of using her power now.

"I agre with Waht, use the power now to amplify our abilities and have this be the only time we use it in this mission."

Ulrich continued to walk waiting for a response from the rest of the team.

17. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Qyjoep

Only the gods know where; Near the Zombie base

The squabbling of the other gods, each trying to assume either leadership or make themself seem more important than the rest made the four-armed demigod sick. He quite frankly almost threw up in his mouth, something a Divine rarely does. He turned his turquoise eyes to the remainder of the group, hoping to stifle them in some way, as he was about to speak to them for the first time.

"Just point me in the direction of something that needs set ablaze..."

TAG: Divines

18. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

"Just point me in the direction of something that needs set ablaze..."

This made Ulrich begin to laugh.

"Hah! Set ablaze?"

Ulrich turned and motioning to the surroundings. They were surrounded by a lava filled desolate plane.

"I believe everything is probably hot enough if you have not noticed," Ulrich said sarcastically.

Ulrich shook his head and chuckled, continuing to walk.

19. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Qyjoep

Hell or someplace similar; en route to the Zombie base

With Ulrich's reply, Qyjoep wanted to take the imbeciles neck in all four of his hands and squeeze the ever-loving immortal life right out of him. Thank the heavens that Qyjoep was a pyromaniac and not a cold-blooded murderer.

"Fool. I can set things ablaze with astral fire, a heavenly form of fire itself. It burns the unholy and whatever else I will it to. Anything short of a Divine..." He said as his eyes locked with Ulrich's. A cold smirk emerged from beneath his golden beard.

"Your sarcasm has been noted. If you are so determined to lead us, then lead on..." Qyjoep placed his main right hand on the hilt of his sword, ready to move onward in whatever direction they were to go. "My allegiance is sworn to Zethyus, and if it means following the rest of you, I will defend you with my sword and my fire. But do not cross me..."

TAG: ScaPaCamem, Divines

20. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich

" ...I will defend you with my sword and my fire. But do not cross me..."

Ulrich chukcled at this reply and turned towards this four-armed joke.

"Once again, another egotistical Divine. It seems we ALL have something in common. But let's get something straight. You do not scare me. Astral fire? What good is that if you can't use it against someone before they kill you."

Why did he just say that? Emotions raced through Ulrich's head.

"And believe me, to lead is the LAST thing I want to do with this group. I leave that to the 'mysterious' Arbon."

Ulrich's eyes once again began to burn a crimson red. Something was wrong with him. He never acted this way. Was it this place that was doing it to him? Or did he actually hate this people this much? He had never been one to disrespect the other Divines. However, his pride kept swelling, along with his ego. He still didn't see a power that could match his.

He shook away his rage, wiped his head and continued walking.

OOC: Guys don't take any of this personally, I just have something I am trying to do with my character and his development. :)

21. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC: Sirius
    Outskirts of Zombie Base

Sirius looked upon the squabaling, and turned to the air, or turned to Zethyus, depending on how you chose to look at it. Either way, Sirius knew the God could hear him.

"Is this the best you can do? All of these squabaling divines? Or is this some twisted experiament? Lets put all of the best warriors, with egos to match their prowess on the battlefield, in a room and see what happens? You are a funny one. And you wonder why I won't give you my allegiance."

Sirius then walked over to Maya, and spoke in tones usually put into use by theifs or those doing dark business and didn't want it to be heard. "Listen, start meditating. Together, you and I will make these divines work together..."

TAG: GM if he wishes, Maya

22. PressRedForFreakMode

Apr 29, 2006
    Li Xuu

"How are we supposed to prove our war capabilities if we were sat in a room? Or here, where we are only waiting for our targets to ravish us."

She aimed at Ulrich.

After leaving the snarl comment, she noticed Sirius quietly talking to Maya and overheard a mentioned of beginning to utilise her power. To encourage the party to start, Li walked over to the two and spoke briefly to Maya.

"I agree. Begin meditating. If anyone, anyone imparticular disapproves, we'll get your back."

Li didn't smile or show any emotion other than directness.

Tag: The above highlighted names

23. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Ulrich
    Outside Zombie Stronghold

Ulrich looked at Li and smiled.

"Oh, another hero. Another fool."

Ulrich winked at Li, once again being sarcastic.

"...Together, you and I will make these divines work together..."

Ulrich turned and looked at the old man in disgust.

"Listen here. I know you possess the power of mind control, but do not think for two seconds you can control me. Or any of us for that matter."

Ulrich was enfuriated. He may have taken that comment the wrong way, but nobody could change his mind on what he believed. He always stood by what he saw as the right desicion.

24. PressRedForFreakMode

Apr 29, 2006
    IC: Li

Li raised her eyebrows and sighed. Her sigh became a smile.

"Another hero, another fool? As much as you deny it, who are you playing in this scenario?"

She shot a wink straight back, her smile continuous. Her eyes would not leave Ulrich.

Tag: Ulrich

25. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Arbon

The legion of Divines had finally reached the fortress of the Zombies. Oddly enough, no traps or turrets awaited them, and Arbon had a look of confusion on his visage, if it would have been visible. He held his hand up to the Divines, motioning for them to halt their steps.

He looked around the fortress, and then at the large metal door against the dark grey wall in front of him. Then, he slowly held his pitch black hand up to the door, and a light blue grid scanned it.

Access Granted, said an electronic voice. Sure enough, the door slowly creeked open, and Arbon's white cloak softly billowed in the calm wind that emitted from the inside. He slowly stepped through, and motioned for the Divines to follow.

Then, his glowing white eyes widened at what he was seeing. Shock ran through his blood like electricity in a pool. Was this an illusion? A trick? He was aghast at what he was gazing at. He was looking at... nothing.

An isolated room filled out the entire fortress with black marble flooring. There were no Zombie Warriors at all, waiting to kill any unauthorized tresspasser.

None of it made sense...

Tag: Divines

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.