FF:WA The Dog's Bitchin' Box

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Loadeddog, Dec 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    And with that phone call I just recieved, I am now having to keep 3 massive huge secrets to myself.

3. 3 secrets, all of which will be made public in good time, but not soon enough that I think I can keep all of them.

1 is very sad, but has interesting repercussions in a certain market.

1 is just uber cool, and business wise is going to absolutely rock.

The one I just got? Holy hell, I never saw that coming, I want to tell a lot of people and I can't.

Going. To. Burst. Real. **** Soon.
  2. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd like to bitch about people keeping secrets. It's just wrong!!!! ;)

*Thinks back to The Comedy Company, and that little girl*
    "I got a secret, but I can't tell cause it's a secret. OK, I tell!"
  3. Symmbian Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ugh the girl with the dolly? Marianne Fahey or whatever the actress' name was. The cast and nation should have been charged and given a course in Electro-shock therapy for that. In later half of the decade where shows like "Married With Children", written to break the "let solve everything in a half an hour,Cosby'esque" sitcom that choked our screens, good ole' aussie came out with that. A girl suffering from a pyschological disorder taking it out on her doll, and Col'n Carpenter, a skit that etched out a reputation and "legend" according to some, by making a common name seen unpronouncable from everyone, including an ATM.

4. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    What the hell?! I finally found what I think is a nice simple way to do all the work I've been trying to do for the website and I have to bloody pay for the article?! Why the hell are some things on the site free, but others you have to pay for? Why won't anything help me in making my life easier?

Why does it sound like someone is stealing my lawn?!
  5. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    umm ... ah damn.

>runs away from FA's lawn<
  6. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Why does it sound like someone is stealing my lawn?!

Wait...you guys got lawn now?
    [face_mischief]
  7. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    Hee hee this lawn will fetch a sterling price on the black market!
  8. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Damn Sunday drivers on the weekday. Can't anyone drive the speed limit, or is it the norm to drive 80km/hr up Tonkin Hwy when it's 100? Geez I hate that. And then there was the guy that persisted in driving 40 when it wasn't a school zone........ :mad:

And what's with the price of petrol? When I first got my license in 1996, it cost $20 to fill up my tank (on leaded). Today it cost me $50 for unleaded! C'mon, $1.25 a litre at Woolies (before discount)! Some places were charging more than that - naughty BP!
  9. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    The word in your sig you were looking for is "flannelette" You also spelt "Magician" wrong.

But hey, thanks for making my point for me in that thread ;)
  10. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ah, you gotta luv sarcasm!

BTW, cannot spell - hence the speeling skool! I can't believe it took you five years to pick up that mistake. Amazing.....
  11. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    No, just 5 years to get around to caring :)

I just thought I'd point it out while I was on the subject...
  12. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Care? That word does not compute.
  13. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So, let me get this straight. It took you five years to understand what the word care means?

:p
  14. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd like to bitch about living in the desert and paying $1.00 a litre for petrol the other day.

Hang on a second, I should be dancing not bitching. Oh well.
  15. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    dude we're paying $1.37 a litre in Perth dagnammit!
  16. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahh the joys of having a beast of a car that runs on gas...
    And I thought the lawnmower man was coming in and stealing our lawn, but he was actually next door. We have no prickles at the moment, and I figure if he doesn't bring in the prickles from the other yard, we might be able to walk on the lawn this summer.

I'm sick of this page still. Does anyone know how to make a nice simple search page using a combination of text fielnds and drop down selections in a form? Nothing I seem to do is making it work and it's driving me crazy.
  17. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Is this just for a serach engine within a site? If that's all you're after then you can save yourself all the development work and go to www.atomz.com. They've got a free service that I've used on a few of my sites for a few years now. I'm in the process of learning to do similar things myself but their's is good and can be customised a lot.
  18. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    It is for a search within a site, but the idiot wants all these drop down boxes so you can select all these different options for it to search with. We've already done a version like the atomz one (thanks for the link though) and it isn't what he is after.
  19. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Those Atomz searches can be customised quite a bit. If he wants something more complicated than what that offers he should be paying you a fair bit for it. Even a cheap rate for that kind of development work would add up to a fair pay packet.
  20. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    All up I'm getting $5500 for it, of which I've already been paid $1000 (man that went quick! Damn you debts! *shakes fist*). I'd like to think that's a pretty nice figure, but after all the frustration it's caused me I really wish I could charge him double that - purely for my mental anguish :_|.

What annoys me so damn much is the fact that I'll find something that is absolutely perfect for what he wants, finish reading what's on there and then discover that I have to pay to use the damn thing. Anything I have to pay for for this page is coming out of my paycheck, and we've already budgeted all of that on getting us out of debt (once again, damn you debts!).

And if he would bloody well answer my effing e-mails I'd have a much better time on the page. We are supposed to be in contact every Saturday morning, but he didn't ring yesterday. I have sent him numerous e-mails and he hasn't even looked at any of them. I really should have listened to my Dad when he told me the guy was a ***** businessman.
  21. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Anything I have to pay for for this page is coming out of my paycheck,

Look into tax deduction.
  22. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Part pf the reason I got out of web development is that when you're working by yourself, people seem to think that paying you on time, giving you the right info etc is not as important as it would be if they were paying a big business to do it for them.
  23. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Sith Magician posted on 9/4/05 4:34am
    Anything I have to pay for for this page is coming out of my paycheck,

Look into tax deduction.
    />
    Don't I have to be paying tax to be able to get a deduction?

soneil posted on 9/4/05 8:06am
    />
    I know! It is so frustrating that he's not treating me with the respect he would a business (or at least I assume he would). I go round to his place for a meeting (after showering and putting on clean clothes) to discover that he has only just woken up, his glasses are askew, hair all over the place and unshaven. And he never responds to my e-mails, and if he does he only answers half the questions (never the important ones that involve him doing a bit of work).

I can't wait for this thing to be over./>/>/>/>
  24. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :mad: Again, damn Sunday frickin drivers on the weekday. The speed limit is 100 km/hr, not 80.
  25. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Damn brother I live with.

First he rings me up asking me to pick him up from the bus stop cause it's rainig. The bus stop is only around the corner and it wasn't rainging that hard. Maybe he should keep an umbrella is his bag.

Secondly, he didn't eat dinner that I had cooked. Noooooo. He ate leftovers from last night instead and will have the dinner I cooked for luch tomorrow. Not bad considering he said he would cook tonigt. I don't think he really intended on cooking. That's it, I cook no more for him if dinner will be eaten for lunch the next day (he did it last night too).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.