main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The Dog's Bitchin' Box

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Loadeddog, Dec 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I hate waiting for parcels!

They never come when you want and I spent the whole morning waiting the yesterday (well, I was doing other things, but I wasnt out of earshot of the door) and then I check the mail on the way to work and find a "oops, we missed you" card in the mailbox!

SLACKERS! They didnt even attempt to knock on the door. :mad:

2. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    that always happens to me too!

And I find them at 8.00 in the morning when I was up and about!

Unless they never actually knock- they just drop off the slip.

Perhaps they don't even bring the parcel with them!

3. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    I wouldn't know - I'm always at work when they "deliver"....

4. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Which sucks cos then you have to wait longer to get your parcel. The AGONY!!!!

5. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    They only leave the amazon.com parcel at the door. I had to pick up my Superman tag at DHF or whatever it is....

6. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    I get lots of comic from eBay and we have a large Letterbox so I get them dropped in the post!

Oh.... this is a bitching box.......[face_worried]

7. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I used to have a magazine subscription, but after it was evidently clear that after 3 months the postie couldnt recognize that folding the magazine in the postbox, then ripping the evelope and cover (sometimes 2-3 pages) of the magazine in the 'gung-ho' approach to delivery as he squeezed it through the slot.

I gave up and unsubscribed.. as the alternative was walk 600m to the newsagents for a magazine that cost (overall) $20-25 more a year but I could pickup un-damaged. I thought it was probably less frustrating.

I ordered a copy of Shadow warrior the other day (woot! new expansion free for download online, but required full game.. lol), I am not looking forward to see which post office it gets sent to (Im in the middle of 2 zones, which post office it goes to is pot luck) and what condition its in when it gets here..

8. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    few more bitch's since I like it so much

I recently got my new mp4 player.. =P~, man its nice, fan-frigging-tastic.. but as usual the packaged headphones absolutely blow..

So I go off in search of some nice earbud headphones for travel (refuse to wear enclosed out and about, or you look like something from a early doctor who episode called cybermen).. anyhoo, where to go?. JB's! I thought, hurrah, they're gods of all things audio, they'd have some nice quality ones there..

Surely sure they did.. however, not earbuds, but sort of barrel ones that go into the actual ear. They were Sony, checked the stats, very nice audio range on them.. neat.. I thought.. They must be cool, and for 75 big ones, they'd wanna be!

Bought them, tried them out and they are dis-gus-ting.. lacks all sense of bass, put any extra bass (onboard equalizer) through them and they distort, the sound is unclear, all in all, awful. Because they go directly into the ear, they magnify your normal body noises. Eg: its like putting in ear plugs, coughing, sneezing, talking, breathing, heck probably blinking all sound magnified..

'So' I say, again, back to JB's I go, " 'cause these are rubbish!"..

"Oh I'm sorry, its unhygenic to return headphones, because of that we cannot refund them unless they're faulty"

:mad:

What a jip..

so, er, anyone want to buy some headphones?

9. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    After such a wonderful advertisement........ No thanks.

:)

10. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
  11. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
  12. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'll drink to that John.

13. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I want to bitch about the fact that Loadeddog doesn't bitch in his own thread anymore!! what's the deal with that??!!

anyway, to the real reason i'm here. I'm ranting over the fact that there aren't enough days in the weekend!!

14. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    LD and some of the other originals went off and got a life...whatever that may be. I had one before and it was over rated. Actually kinda makes me laugh when people say they are going offline to get a life, like you really are unplugging from the matrix or something and what you do after you've left echos for an eternity.

I wanted to bitch about how short of a lifespan hard drives have these days. I have one thats just about to let go and I'm more than fragantly annoyed about it. I had a system about three years ago that had a HDD from a previous system and it went forever. These SATA's (oops sorry fake sata's cause only SATA II is a true SATA drive) don't last half as long, I have had friends drives die on them and losing valuable stuff, and now this drive threatens to wipe out my Mini Moni and Morning Musume stuff??!?!

/me raises a fist to sky towards the Seagate SATA gods "You all suck!!"

15. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Do You know LD Sym ?

16. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
  17. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I'd like to bitch that Sizzler no longer has cabonara sauce for the pasta, only bolangiase (yuck) and that coffee is not included in the drinks bar.

18. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
  19. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I want to bitch about the crappy new computer system we've had inflicted on us at work earlier this year. The new email system stinks. Half the applications we need took months to get installed. Network drives have all been rearranged and some things have been lost. All sorts of stability issues. If it wasn't government owned and if the system was done by a contractor they'd never get another contract with such cruddy work.
    One of the most annoying things is the overzealous web filtering. Unlike the old system we have no control over what's filtered and no way of bypassing the filtering if we have good reason to do so. For example, I can't open this page at work because presumably there's a naughty word in it somewhere. Sometimes I'm at a complete loss as to why certain pages are blocked when I check the address later at home.

20. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    Well, I knew LD ages ago, and have met soniel and few others at a meet that was hosted ages ago at Soniels place. Theres only a few people here on the boards now from when I was circulating 3or4 years ago. I took a lengthy hiatus for a while when my grandfather was diagnosed and then passed away shortly there after from cancer. I went underground for ages, dealing with the loss, and have only just resurfaced not long ago.

Sym

21. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Used to have a lot of meets at my place in the early days didn't we. A bit too far for people to come now though. And we've got a much nicer place too. :(

22. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Who wants to take a day trip to Kalgoorlie?

23. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    I'll pass. sorry brosef

24. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Brosef? What the......?

25. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    that would be addressed to Steve ya goose!=D=