main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "The Drabble Drop" UDC III responce - COMPLETE with Week 20 on 3/18/09!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    The Drabble Drop

Genre
    : Everything!
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Everywhere!
    Characters: Everyone!

Summary: The Ultimate Drabble Challenge part three! An exciting look at a multitude of characters, lives, and relationships within the Star Wars universe ? all with a good dose of crack!pairings.

Notes: I wasn't going to this time, I really wasn't. But the muse said yes, and that means that my own opinions mean nothing. So, here we go . . .

Disclaimer: Everything belongs to George Lucas. I'm just playing in his world.

*PM List*

Jade_eyes
    Myriad_Daydreams
    dancing_star
    VaderLVR64
    JediMaster_Horn
    NYCityGirl

Week One: Luke/Mara
    Week Two: LoTF Characters
    Week Three: The Solo Family
    Week Four: Han, Mara
    Week Five : The Skywalker Ladies
    Week Six : Zekk/Tahiri
    Week Seven: Jag/Jaina
    Week Eight: Emperor's Hand Mara Jade
    Week Nine: Wedded Bliss
    Week Ten: Mara, Ben
    Week Eleven: Zekk/Jaina
    Week Twelve: Misc. Characters
    Week Thirteen: Jag/Jaina
    Week Fourteen: Teneniel Djo
    Week Fifteen: Five Kisses
    Week Sixteen: Karrde/Shada
    Week Seventeen: Leia Solo
    Week Eighteen: Mara, Jaina
    Week Nineteen: Zekk, Jaina/Jag
    Week Twenty: Mara/Luke

[b]Week One (Luke/Mara, post Sacrifice)

01. Happy[/b]

The first time he sees her, he's making a cup of cocoa, of all things.

Her voice was light and lilting and ?Still can't break the addiction, farmboy?? He dropped the mug, felt it shatter.

And there she was ? shimmering sapphire, like he remembered Obi-Wan being. Her smile was young - younger than he's ever seen her, without the weight of guilt pressing her down.

And all he can ask is how.

?A gift,? she said simply. [i]An apology[/i], her eyes say.

Then she came and wrapped him in her arms, and he held her for a long, long time.

[b]02. Sad[/b]

It was raining. The steady pitter platter against the window pane drew him out of doors ? away from the students with questioning eyes, and away from the colleagues with pitying gazes. He cares for neither ? cares for the pity even less, he thinks.

The rain soaked his cloak - cleansed him, he liked to think.

?Well, you can't always keep your cool,? she was saying next to him then. Her eyes were smirking and her smile was sad.

He turned to answer her, but she was already gone.

Sometimes he wonders if he's finally lost it.

The rain continued to fall.

[b]03. Curious[/b]

?She's a cutie, isn't she??

Luke smiled at the glow of blue behind his shoulder, and then turned the child in his hold so that he could face his wife. ?That she is.?

Mara reached out a ghostly hand to finger the baby girl's face. ?Ben really outdid himself this time.?

Luke nodded in agreement as he looked down at the wide green eyes staring curiously back at him. A moment of silence passed, one thick with what-could-of-beens and things of that nature. Minutes passed, he whispered, ?She looks like you.?

Mara smiled sadly. ?Perhaps a little.?

[b]04. Angry[/b]

?She likes you, farmboy.?

It's a cold day. The window panes are frosted, and the wind blew fat flakes of snow across the ivory landscape. Luke raised a brow as he looked over at the specter lounging by the fire, who was watching him with careful amusement.

He nods, fiddling with his wedding ring as he thought of the girl ? brightly sweet and young and innocent. Everything he had once been before. Mara followed his hands with her eyes, angry possession flaring in a face that could no longer claim.

So he smiled. ?Worried??

Her mouth twitched. ?Should I be??

[b]05. Content[/b]

He's old now, so very old.

His hands are weathered and worn, and his hair shimmered in silver wisps. His eyes, once a brilliant sky blue, were now a pale shade of winter ice. His breathing comes in tired gasps as he fingers his wedding ring.

He's dying.

His son is asleep in the

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, yay!!! Very lovely. =D= May I have PMs, please? :D Love your siggy LOL ;)

3. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    Content made me feel warm and fuzzy, despite Luke dying. [face_love]

Very nice job!

4. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Awww. These were all so poignant and beautiful, especially "Content". The last line is just perfect. @};-

5. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    You're doing drabbles! :D Hoorah, sign me up for PM's please!

I don't have much time to reply at the moment, but these were lovely and I greatly look forward to the rest of your drabbles [:D]

6. Tabby

Tabby Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2008
    Beautiful!! I love, love the last line of content. :D Wonderful job on these, I'll be keeping an eye on this!

Tab

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    These were great, Mira! I really enjoyed all the snippets of visits from Mara's ghost.

Happy was my favorite as it showed the suprise Luke experienced at her appearace. Happy surprise, of course. :)

Content was a well set scene and touching release and reunion for the long lived Luke Skywalker.

8. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Happy
    very vivid description, and the cocoa addiction made it look real.

Sad
    You did this title quite some justice. Looks like a screencap out of a dreary anime scene

Curious
    awww how cute

angry
    grandpa grandpa Luke hehe :D

Content
    I was wondering which twin would go first

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Yay! Great to see you in on the drabbles, too! I liked how the seasons changed in with Luke's emotions in this set, and how Mara was still there with him, even beyond the veil.

10. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    I love your portrayal of Mara and Luke in these. The whole set was beautiful, but I think my favorites were "Happy" and "Curious." Looking forward to the next set!

11. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    05. Content

He's old now, so very old.

His hands are weathered and worn, and his hair shimmered in silver wisps. His eyes, once a brilliant sky blue, were now a pale shade of winter ice. His breathing comes in tired gasps as he fingers his wedding ring.

He's dying.

His son is asleep in the hospital chair next to him. Somewhere, Han and Leia were debating with yet another medic. And at his side Mara wrapped her arms around him. ?You can let go now,? she whispered.

?I know.? His voice is soft.

He lets go, and lets her catch him.

*sniffs* This just about broke my heart! :_|
    Lovely job!! @};- I look forward to seeing more fabulous drabbles from you!! :)
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I'd like to thank you all for the warm support you showed with my first week. You guys are the best!!!! Alrighty then, here we go with some replies!

Jade_eyes : PMs are a go! And I'm glad you liked the sig, it was . . . well, fitting. ;)

DarthBerryStraw : Same for me. I thought that I was just morbid. :p

amidalachick : Aww, thanks. :D [face_love]

Myriad_Daydreams : Pms are on their way! Thanks for reading. :D

Tabby : Thanks! :D

brodiew : Thank-you. [face_blush]

SilSolo : Thanks for the break down. I love it when people doing that - and your reference to the anime subs had me laughing. Too true, now that I think about it. ;)

ginchy : I'm glad that you enjoyed them! They were fun to write, and definitely a . . . different take on Luke and Mara's relationship. :p So that was fun for me. :)

dancing_star : *passes a tissue* I'm glad that you enjoyed them! :D

More up soon! :cool:

~MJ@};-

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    You know what? This was the hardest set of drabbles to write during my three times doing them. No joke. The idea was easy - it always is. It's a hundred words that was a problem when my overly zealous muse went and wrote a nice little three to four hundred word viggie for each of them! It took me a while to cut them down to size.

That said, this set explores the reprecussions of the "Legacy of the Force" series on a multitude of characters - seeing as how I couldn't pick just one.

Now that I'm done rambling, enjoy! :)

[b]Week Two - After the storm . . .[/b]

[b]06. Alderaan[/b]

On nights when she was too tired to hear stories about her mother, and too old to hear them about her father, she is told of Alderaan. Tales of warriors and sunny children were pushed aside for careful, reverent murmurs about sunlit palaces ? pretty princesses with pretty perfect dreams.

There was a far off gleam in her grandmother's eyes as she spoke. Her hands ? older than her mother's, but still smooth ? weaved through her hair, braiding and coiling it in the tradition of both of their people.

Alanna ? Amelia now, smiled once, softly, and watched the stars outside wink away.

[b]07. Yavin IV[/b]

On nights when she was too old to remember, and too young to forget she turned to him. Her father's brandy was cold between them, and his embrace was warm. She cherished the moment, thinking about how many she had wasted before.

?Jag?? her voice was soft.

?Yeah??

?Do you think . . . do you think [i]he's [/i] okay??

A moment passed before his whisper.?I don't know.?

She nodded, clutching him tighter as memories floated through her mind like ghosts ? of sun and Yavin, of young love and forever, eternal sort of things that were now nothing more than youth's faded bliss.

[b]08. Bespin[/b]

It was a night when memories were thicker than most. The three were chatting softly about the old days ? from Alderaan to Bespin and then -

?It's going to be a boy.? Lando said, fatherhood's careful happiness in his eyes as he looked hesitantly between them.

It was a long moment before Han spoke. ?You don't have to tell me like I'll break.? More silence. ?C'mon. I lost one son, but I gained another.?

A minute passed, heavy with old sorrows before Lando smirked. ?So, do I have permission to tell Jag that you said that??

And Leia let herself smile.

[b]09. Hapes[/b]

On nights when the she longed too much, and pretending became too hard, she let herself cry. It was an unfamiliar thing, the tears ? her mother's death was followed by action while childbirth was handled with a fierce determination. Even Jacen's fall failed to produce a tear as she fought to preserve the only light he ever gave the galaxy. Yet, now she broke ? a flood of longing and regret bursting free.

In the dark she could feel the brush of her daughter's mind. She touched back and when she withdrew her eyes were dry, determined as she straightened again.

[b]10. Dagobah[/b]

It was one of those nights when all he could see in his son was his wife. Ben's eyes sparkled with her fire, and his look was all Mara.

Luke had forgotten how much he hated to be on the receiving end of that look.

?So . . . you crashed on Dagobah, and then mistook Yoda for an elf with one too many circuits frazzled?? Ben snorted. ?Did [i]mom[/i] ever hear that version??

?Yes. I'm surprised [i]she[/i] didn't tell you.?

?She would never say anything bad about you.?

The memories that passed between them were heavy. Yet they were no longer unpleasant.

[b]~MJ[/b][face_rose]

14. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Ah, Mira, drabbles where you write vigs and have to cut down to 100 words are the best, imho [face_love]

All of these drabbles were so touching, but this line really makes me want to go have a good cry: ?She would never say anything bad about you.? Ouch. My little heart can't take that :( It's so rare that we see a part of Mara that truly, deeply loves Luke, sans the banter and poking fun. This is a woman who truly loves her husband, and even her son can see it. *sigh*

Nice job, your drabbles are always a real treat [:D]

15. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Mira, your drabbles are fantastic. So touching and emotional... I've nearly cried quite a few times. Wow... keep it up and I'll keep reading!

16. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    She nodded, clutching him tighter as memories floated through her mind like ghosts ? of sun and Yavin, of young love and forever, eternal sort of things that were now nothing more than youth's faded bliss.

[face_love] I'm finding myself at a loss. There's so much emotion packed into each 100 words, that I don't think I could describe my feelings for these drabbles with anything left! I'll definitely be reading your drabbles faithfully, every week. =D=

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, Mira!!!!! I loved them all!!! Yavin IV and Bespin touched me because Jag is one of the family and because he's with Jaina. Yayness!!!! Hapes--wow, poor Tenel. Alderaan--that was precious; glad Amelia has someone to love her and that Leia can shower stories and love on. :) Favorite line: Yoda's an elf with a frazzled circuit. [face_laugh] I'm not surprised these turned into viggies. Don't "erase" them. We'll want to read the full-length versions one day too. [face_love]

18. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    08. Bespin

It was a night when memories were thicker than most. The three were chatting softly about the old days ? from Alderaan to Bespin and then -

?It's going to be a boy.? Lando said, fatherhood's careful happiness in his eyes as he looked hesitantly between them.

It was a long moment before Han spoke. ?You don't have to tell me like I'll break.? More silence. ?C'mon. I lost one son, but I gained another.?

A minute passed, heavy with old sorrows before Lando smirked. ?So, do I have permission to tell Jag that you said that??

And Leia let herself smile.

Awwwww. Perfect. [face_love] Loved Han in this. So sweet!!
    Lovely drabbles! A truly wonderful job!! @};- Could I pretty please be on the PM list? [face_batting]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Mira, all of these drabbles were rich in character and setting. You have set a mood of melancholy and exceptance in which character grow throught these experiences.

Amelia thoughtful in Alderaan. I liked the narrative of how she received Leia's tales of her home.

Tenel Ka was sad in Hapes, but bouyed by the distant touch of her daguhter's mind.

Nice touch with the frazzled elf line in Dagobah. :p

20. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    I loved these, especially how they reflect on people that are gone. Alderaan was my favorite - I like that Leia tells Allana about her heritage, and gandmother/granddaughter moments like that are so sweet. :)

21. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Those drabbles were great, Mira =D= . My two favorites are Hapes and Dagobah. That elf line by Ben had me cracking up [face_laugh] .

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely sets of drabbles and the second set all beginning with night, great job=D=

23. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, these were all wonderful and so full of emotion. My favorites were "Bespin" and "Dagobah", though I also really loved the mirroring of Jaina and Amelia in "Alderaan" and "Yavin IV". You really captured the bittersweet feeling that would linger after LOTF, I think. =D=

24. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    These are all so beautiful and bittersweet and just so full of emotion. I really like how you started each one with a variation of the 'on nights when...' line.

Beautifully put. =D=

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks a million to everyone who read and reviewed! You guys are the best! [:D]

Myriad_Daydreams: Thank-you so much. Your review really just made me smile. And yep, that was the whole purpose of Dagobah ? to sneak in a little heartfelt L/M-ness. [face_love]

SithGirl132: Wow. Thanks. Hopefully I can keep it up, then. ;)

DarthBerryStraw. Your review really made me feel all warm inside. [face_love] I hope I can keep your interest piqued. :)

Jade_eyes: Oh, longer versions of these will be on the way soon in a viggie near you. :cool: Thanks so much for being such a faithful reader. [:D]

dancing_star: Thanks! :D PMs are a go! :)

brodiew: Thanks so much for the thoughtful words, I really appreciated them! [:D]

path-seeker ? that was an underlying theme of this week, so I'm glad that you enjoyed that. :D

EarthKnight: Thanks! :D

earlybird-obi-wan: Thank-you. :)

ginchy: Thank you so very much. [face_blush] I'm glad that you enjoyed them. :)

amidalachick: Thank-you for your kind words. :)

~MJ@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.