main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "The Drabble Drop" UDC III responce - COMPLETE with Week 20 on 3/18/09!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I have to start this week out by saying that while Jaina and Jag are my sugar boos, there is a special place in my heart for YJK Zekk and Jaina. They are just too cute for words. [face_love]

This week skips through the YJK books, so that may explain a few things. :) If you haven't read them, I highly recomend them - even if you're an adult. They're wonderful. [face_dancing]

[b]Week Eleven - Zekk/Jaina[/b]

[b]51. Denial[/b]

He was starting to notice the weirdest things about her.

She was standing a few feet away from him, remarking over this and that while he tried to hide his fascination with the messy snarls that fell from her pony tail. Strange, how strong the urge was to brush them from her face for her. This close to her he couldn't help but notice she smelled wonderful ? like toasted cinnamon and sugar, and he fought the urge to step a little closer to her.

Mortified, Zekk took a step back. Yes. This would be something he would grow out of.

[b]52. Sadness[/b]

?Maybe we should start putting signs by the decor next time. Eh, Vent Crawler??

If it was even possible, his mortification grew a hundred fold. He flinched, even as furious scarlet stained his cheeks. ?It's not funny, Jaina.? He tried not to snap, but it still came out harsh.

She looked at him with large sepia eyes, and he fought the urge to roll his eyes at how naïve she was. She didn't understand, he knew, and really, he didn't want her to ever understand, but . . .

?I'm sorry,? her voice was soft.

?Forget about it.? And he turned to leave.

[b]53. Anger[/b]

It was amazing how his feelings of inequality and ineptitude had faded with just a little training. The raw power flooding through his veins burned like acid and tingled like flames at the tips of his fingers. No longer was he beneath ? he was above, and he fought the urge to smirk at his former friend from over their crossed blades.

She was upset ? and that pinched something beneath the darkness he had shrouded his heart in. This close he could see the tears in her eyes, and he inhaled the sweet spice of burnt sugar.

His next blow shook.

[b]54. Guilt[/b]

His friends had taken turns staying with him.

He didn't remember most of his time spent recovering, but he remembered bits and pieces ? Jacen's lopsided grin and Tenel Ka's strong support. And yet, it was [i]her[/i] he remembered the most ? he remembered trying to keep his eyes open longer in order to drink in the worried slump to her shoulders and the rumpled set of her clothes around her tired body. The nightmares were less stronger ? the guilt less tangible - with her by his side, and soon he was aware of his hand tangled with hers throughout the entire night.

[b]55. Acceptance[/b]

?You do know we've forgiven you by now.?

He blinked from where he had gotten lazy in the sultry Yavin sun, and turned to look at Jaina. Her eyes were not on him, but on the girl ? Anja, in the center of the training ring where she was sparing with Jacen. Zekk followed her gaze, and found himself looking straight into the older girl's experience darkened eyes.

He shuffled a little. ?Yeah, I know, Jaya.?

When she turned her smile on him, he fought the urge to squirm for other reasons.

She reached out her hand to cover his. ?Good.?

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Someday I need to read these YJK books. LOL But I really enjoyed this look at Z/J, a 'ship I don't get to read that often. I really liked "Guilt", I can picture it very clearly.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have read those books and these moments are perfect.

Great snapshots in their lives.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved them all, but my favorite was Acceptance.

Lovely work. =D=

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very touching set--moving from the sweet crush in the first one to the warm and more mature friendship at the end... oooh, cinamon and sugar on toast. Yum!!!! I can almost taste it LOL

@};-

[:D]

6. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    Nice stuff. I haven't read YJK but I know enough about their events to keep up. You can really see Zekk and Jaina growing up.

7. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Aw, these were all so wonderful!! :*
    54. Guilt

His friends had taken turns staying with him.

He didn't remember most of his time spent recovering, but he remembered bits and pieces ? Jacen's lopsided grin and Tenel Ka's strong support. And yet, it was her he remembered the most ? he remembered trying to keep his eyes open longer in order to drink in the worried slump to her shoulders and the rumpled set of her clothes around her tired body. The nightmares were less stronger ? the guilt less tangible - with her by his side, and soon he was aware of his hand tangled with hers throughout the entire night.

[face_love] Just lovely!! Beautiful as always! :) @};- I'm enjoying these drabbles so much! [face_dancing] Fabulous job!! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Your drabbles are amazing as always, Mira-- you pick the best variety of characters to write. Keep up the great work! :D

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Here we are, already on week twelve. My my, how fast the weeks are moving!

Some replies first:

ginchy: I garentee that you will enjoy them! And I'm glad that you enjoyed these, as well. :)

Earlybird: Thanks! :D

VaderLVR64: Thank-you! :)

Jade_eyes: Thanks! That's just what I was trying to show. :) [face_love]

JediMaster_Horn: Thanks! :D

dancing_star: Thanks, I'm glad you're really enjoying them. [face_blush] [:D]

Myriad_Daydreams
    : Thanks! It's good to see you beating DRL! Now, when can we see some more drabbles from you? [face_praying]

~MJ @};-

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I've recently had a very . . . interesting week, shall we say. So, I started out to write something unabashedly mushy, and ended up with it descending into bittersweetness.

Blame the muse! ;)

[b]Week Twelve: [i]Little Moments [/i]

56. Comet[/b]

Finding time to spend together after the wedding was hard.

They got around it in little ways that added up to mean so much more.

One of those ways was Rayes comet past the Harpoon Nebula. They were on their way to some planet for a diplomatic mission, and Luke insisted on coming out of hyperspace in the comet's path.

It was one of those sights she would never forget ? the silver ice lighting up the smile on Luke's face and sending flickering patters in the glasses of wine they broke out.

It was breathtaking, in more ways than one.

[b]57. Star[/b]

?I think that I like I like Jaina for a girl.?

She twisted over in Han's hold, looking up to meet his eyes. ?Do you think that it's going to be a girl??

Was that a blush? It was hard to see in the star spangled dark of the Mainin Mountains ? Han's latest place to take her for the weekends when they needed to get away from it all. So, curious, she changed her question, ?Do you want a daughter??

?Yeah,? his voice was soft, reverent even as his hand passed over her round stomach. ?Yeah, I think I do.?

[b]58. Planet[/b]

?Jaina, do you think she'll like it??

The thing about being bound planetside was that there was always some interesting things that were bound to happen. Yet, if someone were to tell her that Kyp Durron had found himself smitten, and asked her if the ring he had chosen would be 'female friendly' she would have laughed outright at them.

Smiling, she just fingered the place where her ring should have been years ago ? and where it might be again.

All she knows now is that she has to pay up. Jag will be thrilled.

?I'm sure she'll love it.?

[b]
    59. Moon[/b]

?You know that this was bound to happen eventually.?

?Well, yeah. But not this soon.?

?Han, she's twenty-three.?

?And Jaina didn't tie the knot until she was much older!?

?Those were extenuating circumstances.?

?So . . . Corellian stupidity and Solo stubbornness are extenuating circumstances??

She watched as Han fumbled with his words. Amelia was another daughter to him ? more than a granddaughter, and she knew that this was tough for him. So, she stood and turned off the lights, letting only the moonlight illuminate the darkness as she wrapped her arms around him.

And softly she whispered, ?I'll miss her too.?

[b]60. Nebula[/b]

?So, what do you think??

The words were spoken casually to the ghost leaning over his shoulder, but she could hear the parental worry that coated them. She frowned as she gazed down into the courtyard bellow, looking at her son and the girl sparring with him. Red and black mingled amidst the nebulas of dust the pair were sending up, but she could hear their laughter drift up to her ears.

?I think he's happy,? Mara whispered.

Luke nodded, and grasped her hand a little tighter. ?He still misses you.?

Her voice was heavy with old regrets. ?I know.?

[b]~MJ[/b][face_rose]

11. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, I just loved these!! [face_love]
    Comet and Star were lovely. Planet was sweet:*. Moon and Nebula were sad, but beautiful. @};- Bittersweet, like you said. :)
    Wonderful job as always!! A joy to read!! :) [:D]
    =D= =D==D==D=

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Comet and Star SQUEEE! The rest were marvelous too. I adore your siggy... you can contagious on me any day of the week... [face_laugh] [:D]

13. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    They're all wonderful, but I think moon might be my favorite. Corellian stupidity and Solo stubborness? Ha!

14. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    These were absolutely fantastic. Watching a comet go by at close range with a wineglass in hand, with the love of your life...wow. Jealous!

I liked all of these...but I think the last was my favorite. Mara grew up so much during her marriage to Luke. So did Luke, for that matter. They're my favorite SW couple.

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    All were beautiful, but Nebula was my favorite!!

=D=

16. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    ?So, what do you think??

The words were spoken casually to the ghost leaning over his shoulder, but she could hear the parental worry that coated them. She frowned as she gazed down into the courtyard bellow, looking at her son and the girl sparring with him. Red and black mingled amidst the nebulas of dust the pair were sending up, but she could hear their laughter drift up to her ears.

?I think he's happy,? Mara whispered.

Luke nodded, and grasped her hand a little tighter. ?He still misses you.?

Her voice was heavy with old regrets. ?I know.?

All of Nebula is beautiful. Very touching! =D=

17. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Oh, you just had to stick it to me in the end there, didn't you?? This set was beautifully done; I really like how you used the prompt word in each drabble. The visual in "Comet" was especially well worded! =D=

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Some replies, and then this weeks set of drabbles. Thanks to everyone who is sticking with me on these! [:D]

dancing_star: Thanks! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed them! :D

Jade_eyes: LOL! And how did I know that you would enjoy that? [face_laugh]

carr3107: I'm glad you enjoyed that! It really does sum them up, doesn't it? :p

JediMaster_Horn: I have to agree with you on all acounts. And they really are the best, aren't they? [face_love] Thanks for reading! :D

VaderLVR64: Thanks!:D

DarthBerryStraw: Thanks! :)

ginchy: Call me an evil writter, they just seemed to tumble out that way. [face_blush] Thanks for reading! :D

~MJ @};-

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Week Thirteen - NJO Jag/Jaina

61. Sunshine

Jagged Fel is handsome, she knows. In an elegantly noble sort of way, thought the part of her that is still just sixteen and in awe of the galaxy around her. But so are many others as well, knew a bigger part of her ? the hardened part.

What she really likes, she discovers later, is the sunshine peaking past the ice in his eyes. He was warm underneath the cool charm, she knew, and more often than not she finds herself trying to make paltry sunshine into star and flame.

That was something truly beautiful, and gifted only to her.

62. Overcast

Her time spent on Hapes was hard. Grief and guilt made her limbs heavy with tears and lead, and that . . . something sinister lurking just beyond filled her eyes with overcast shadows.

She would never tell Jag that his easy banter did help her. Some of the clouds lifted when she turned away from him, triumphant; the final word said and leaving him perplexed in her wake.

She made sure to walk just so, knowing that his eyes were on her. There was a power to be had in that, she knew, and it was one she was new to wielding.

63. Rain

?I don't want to loose you. I can't. I just can't . . .?

She's shaking with fading adrenaline, and the dust of the forgotten conference room was burning her eyes ? because that's the only reason she's close to tears right now. It couldn't be that she had almost lost him. No.

He cups her face in his hands, and suddenly her tears are falling like rain.

She isn't surprised when he kisses her ? only relieved. The kiss is harsh, desperate, and so, so perfect. In that moment she feels invincible. And she knows she is not.

So she merely holds him tighter.

64. Snow

When he tells her that he wants her in a forever sort of way, she feels something soar and fall at the same time. She goes with falling, and hits bottom when she tells him that she needs more time ? time to grow (but hasn't she done so already?), time to face her role as Sword (but wouldn't that be easier with him at her side?)

He nods, the snow falling around them in a cool mockery of everything she was throwing away, and says goodbye in a desperately hopeful way.

Foolishly, she tells herself that that wasn't the end.

65. Wind

She sees him once, a few years later.

They had long since decided against a long distance relationship, and had parted ways. He looked completely winded ? the hard years of playing liaison between governments were taking their toll, and it hurt to see. He was a pilot - a warrior - at heart, and backbiting politics would never be his forte.

She mumbled a quick greeting before darting away, trying to conceal the way her heart was tripping over itself without her consent.

A moment later she heard him walk away, and she stopped herself from watching him leave.

But just barely.

~MJ @};-

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sunshine--woot! Rain--sweet! Snow and Wind--I never did quite buy the whole silly spiel she gave him at the end of TUF. [face_frustrated] o_O She should've chased after him in Wind and said: "I'm not letting you get away this time!" :D

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    All of them were gorgeous! But I think this was my favorite:

63. Rain

She's shaking with fading adrenaline, and the dust of the forgotten conference room was burning her eyes ? because that's the only reason she's close to tears right now. It couldn't be that she had almost lost him. No.

She isn't surprised when he kisses her ? only relieved. The kiss is harsh, desperate, and so, so perfect. In that moment she feels invincible. And she knows she is not.

=D=

22. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    I always thought this was a fundamental of the J/J relationship and it's what we see by virtue of its absence on the page. If that makes any sense.

23. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    Well damn. That was intense. Especially Wind (I like how used worked wind into that story)...man.

24. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    63. Rain

These were all so beautiful!! [face_love]@};- =D= If I had to choose, I think this one's my favorite. :) Lovely job as always!! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

25. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    How sad that there was so much love between them, but it just couldn't work out. I guess that is the way of it sometimes, and at least you had that time with the person that no one can ever take from you. But how bittersweet there in the end. Great update! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.