main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Draft Classic: The Comic Book Draft All-Star Draft

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I assume that's two for Doomsday?

2. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i think the judging for this whole thing has been pretty much ####ed for the last few months here, really. why in the world couldn't nova handle doomsday? i mean, really. have you seen this guy. richard rider. rich rider. rick rider. dick rider.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    yes

4. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Hm. I dunno about that 1st one. Maybe.

5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    The Wing Kong Exchange3 vs. Watchmen Babies in V for Vacation1

Inadvisably Applied Magic1 vs. The Yak's Inferno 3

Baron Helmut Zemo (prepared) vs. Monica Rambeau (Prepared)

Steel trumped with Iron Man (prepared) vs. Exodus

6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Another very interesting first match...

Know that, Exodus.

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I dunno. I'm going to have to go with the Baron here.

8. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    2/6/08 5:36pm

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I agree with EF

10. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, sure. Zemo, trump.

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    The Wing Kong Exchange4 vs. Watchmen Babies in V for Vacation1

Inadvisably Applied Magic2 vs. The Yak's Inferno 3

Loki (prepared) vs. Reed Richards (Prepared)

Phoenix (Rachel Summers) vs. King Hyperion

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well obviously Loki should take that first one easily.

Again,KH has to have some mental resistance to take over the world (he must have fought telepaths). I don't know how much, I don't really intend to fight this one.

13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Conjecture doesn't win matches in my book. Let's see it. I mean, are we even sure psychics existed in his dimension? All kinds of things could be different. Maybe Xavier was never born, maybe the Phoenix Force never made an appearance. We don't even know which heroes were there to try to defeat Hyperion(save for maybe Thor and Hulk, and a few others he may have mentioned). Phoenix -7.

Reed, despite lacking any understanding of Loki will still probably have some things with which to protect himself. For a little while, anyway. Loki -10.

14. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well I'm not protesting the vote, but the conjecture of a world w/out telepaths? Meh. Whatev. Agree

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    There were or there weren't. I don't care either way. Show me how he beat them, and I'll concede that he can beat them, until then, they may as well not have existed.

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I understand your point, but I don't know if I'd go as far as "never existed." I'm not gonna act like he didn't beat Galactus because I didn't see it. Maybe Galactus was hungry or something, Iono, but the list of people who could beat Galactus at any point is pretty small.

I wish he'd get a better freakin draw though.

17. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, alright. Loki and Phoenix.

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    The Wing Kong Exchange5 vs. Watchmen Babies in V for Vacation1

Inadvisably Applied Magic3 vs. The Yak's Inferno 3

Black Adam vs. Batman (Prepared)

Firelord vs. Mongul

Interesting. Thoughts?

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Uh... I don't think Batman's doin much here, but that's just me.

Personally I think Mongul is being made a joke of here for no reason. Flash and Hal Jordan have beaten him, and Hal after sustaining solid injury IIRC. It's in some respect thread somewhere. I recall he fought Supes and a rookie Kyle and was doing good work against them, had Supes on the ropes till Kyle knocked him out from behind but was beating them individually. Then another time right b4 Infinite Crisis he fought "Trinity." Of course they beat him, but he was up on the next page after they argued for like 2 frames (or panels, whichever is the short one), threw them out of his way and left. Personally I feel he's proven he can take a Supes-level guy n a 1 on 1 fight. And he fights with above-average intelligence. Personally I have little respect for Firelord, who fights with no intelligence. Personally I got Mongul.

Personally that's all I plan to say about it, since I did say I wasn't gonna argue much.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    At the same time, Firelord has thrown with Thor, and other high ups as well, and he was well respected for his efforts in the Annihilation wave. Mongul gets a bad rap because he's thought of as a joke? How much more does Firelord get cracked on? He's disrespected a bunch.

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    The difference is, Firelord is usually the aggressor because hes misunderstood something or other, Thor is usually holding back, and Thor still has yet to come close to losing, or even taking any real damage, IIRC.

I dunno what Flord did in Wave, but I haven't heard anything spectacular against an actual opponent. I mean, there's a difference between fighting someone and fighting someone well.

Flord actually did much better vs. Silver Surfer than he did vs. Thor IIRC, though Surfer was holding back and just wiped Flord once it looked like he might actually lose.

Actually, I've never seen Firelord do anything impressive against anyone good, that I recall. I recall being very disillusioned with him in my 1st draft, after I was so excited to get him in the 3rd round. I mean, sure, he's a herald and he's better than that absolute bum Nova (the herald), but obviously nowhere near Surfer, and not as good as Terrax either. And I sat Terrax for Mongul, that shows my opinion right there.

It's just my opinion though. I like Mongul. I think Firelord is an idiot. He fights like an idiot. His best moves are from long-range, but he always wants to be up close, especially vs. Thor and Terrax, who are trained fighters. I don't understand that. I mean, I would vote him over Supes cause I feel he could at least last long enough to FINALLY use radiation, but I think it'd take him quite awhile because of his blatant idiocy. It's just so blatant.

22. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    "Firelord possesses the ability to manipulate cosmic energy in the form of stellar fire. His entire organic carbon-based body was transformed to accommodate the nuclear energies that course through him. These energies make him the humanoid equivalent of a miniature sun. Projected from any point on his body at mental command, Firelords energies encompass the entire electromagnetic spectrum possessed by a star: heat, light, gravity, radio waves, and charged particles. The maximum amount of energy he can produce at once is determined by his mass. When all the atoms of his body are in fusion, his energy level is equivalent to the outer layers of a small star."

What in blue blazes makes you think that radiation emitted by Firelord would be able to hurt Superman at all, much less be enough to defeat him? Superman has flown through stars multiple times, and the only thing that happens to him is a supercharge of his powers.

Even though Firelord is a good deal better than you give him credit for, he would still get his arse kicked thoroughly by Superman.

23. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Cosmic senses would enable him to sense what's energizing Supes, and I'd have to speculate (and note that it's not just cause it's Supes, I'm pretty sure I'm the most consistently speculative judge ever) that he could emit red sun radiation.

And his normal projectile attacks would hurt Supes, if they cause Surfer pain. I mean, except he'll be too busy for the most part going hand-to-hand. Like he did against Hercules. Although that didn't seem like an all-out fight, IIRC. It was still funny.

24. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Grant Morrison's Batman could so take this.

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Maybe next time, Bat. Heh. Black Adam -7.

I call it a push in hand to hand. Add in that Firelord does have the long range, and he does use it, and he does not always abandon it every single time, then that pushes the odds into his favor, given that more scenarios are likely to go his way. Mongul has no other option, and I still don't know who would lose that fist fight. The fans, that's who. Firelord -3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.