main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Draft Classic: The Comic Book Draft All-Star Draft

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    If this is a retcon Darkseid, well, just tell me and obviously I can't say anything. And because I don't feel like addressing telepathy later, I'll just put this out here and if I'm wrong someone tell me. When he controlled those Daxamites he had sapped the power of Mordru and the Time Trapper as well as gathering pretty much every magical artifact in that century. I've never heard of him using offensive or persauding TP any other time. He needed black kryptonite to mindwarp Supergirl.

Juggernaut will just pound him eventually into unconsciousness because the Darksied that has been in comics since the inception of the drafts, especially as he's be come part of the more mainstream DCU, is not powerful enough to hurt Juggernaut. I don't know if it was exactly since the Crisis, I think it was actually a little after, but it was basically when they decided to make him a mainstream, personal villain. And he will (eventually) get a mainstream, personal beatdown.

But if this is old-school, never-before-appeared-all-my-losses-are-avatars Darkseid, then I lose. But then someone should have said so. This isn't some huge revelation of someone's power. We all knew Seid's power and it was assumed and repeatedly stated we were using him with his recent feats including losses to people who, if his never having been hurt by people around Supes-level strength or even the godforce means anything, will include Juggernaut.

So yeah, recap: Nerf Darkseid which we have been using and acknowledging as I posted above loses. Old Darkseid who seems to have somehow been inserted here without anyone saying anything wins. This isn't news.

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Maybe I happen to think Darkseid wins either way, because Juggernaut is just too one dimensional. I have already voted for Darkseid. Shouldn't you be telling me why I should change my mind, instead of me trying to change yours?

3. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I am?
    Darkseid has no way to win. His beams have shown to be (again using the same Darkseid we've been using in prior drafts) resistible by Superman and those of his ilk. They are not infallible. And Juggernaut has taken the godforce head-on and not even been phased. So unless something Superman resists, albeit with great pain, can still send Galactus running (in fact probably kill Galactus, since the hurt dealt to Galactus by said godforce again did NOTHING to Juggernaut), then Darkseid simply cannot hurt Juggernaut.

Which was my point with drafting him. Nothing much hurts him. Stuff that hurts Galactus, enough to send him fleeing, doesn't even hurt him. I doubt something that can't even take out Superman can hurt Juggernaut. The great World War Hulk couldn't, and I gaurantee you he is as strong as Superman. We're just assuming here that Omegas will work when in fact the evidence shows Juggs shrugging off... No, outright ignoring, things that hurt people way beyond Superman's level. Yet these beams or punches or whatever are gonna hurt? No.

4. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Because Galactus and the godforce are so consistent. Darkseid hasn't ignored things people on that level have been hurt by? He(oops, his avatars, whatever) has jobbed to Superman, but then he's also dominated him. same with Orion.

Resisting a godblast from Thor, I don't know, it's just not super impressive to me, if you're supposed to be up there, because I'm not sure just how awesome his blast was that day.

5. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Somehow a good record against a level of character beats never having been hurt by that same level or above, and the godblast is definitely well above. There's no instance of it being less than Galactus-level, since that's the only other time it was used. And I guess bending Mjolnir on contact with his armor was just "inconsistency," as was still winning against Thor after having some of his power drained by Mjolnir. As was every Juggernaut appearance. All inconsistency. Being unhurt consistently by everyone except Onslaught by destructive force... Well, still inconsistency. Anything Juggernaut has done, inconsistency. Oh yeah, the godforce has shattered the protective dome of the Prime Celestial, which has apparently otherwise been damaged by Phoenix and the Destroyer with the Odinsword. And Invisible Woman, but if you actually see the scan it's more about her powers having something in common with the armor than actual force needed. But I guess the godforce is still too inconsistent, simply because it couldn't harm Juggernaut. He also took a Celestial blast harmlessly that can reduce The Destroyer to slag when it was inhabited my one or more asgardian spirits. For those who can't remember, Thor couldn't even hurt The Destroyer at all when it was inhabited by some random hunter guy who got lost. But I guess Celestials and The Destroyer are too inconsistent as well. I mean, why does Juggernaut even have feats anyway? He's a model of inconsistency, and everyone would hurt him if they were more consistent.

I'm done. That's enough evidence to win any court case. Darkseid would win this if the DC creator came and said otherwise, apparently. Let us all bow and worship his far more consistent excellency, Darkseid.

I'll go ahead and chalk up a loss for Magneto too, unless he faces Ultron or a blank CD-R. One with music on it is probably too much for Mags.

And yes, I'm still at my computer. My apartment is very small and I just finished watching Hurricanes hockey on Yahoo. YAY CAM WARD, bout time I got some help in fantasy net this week.

6. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, that's better, although you could try cutting back on the attitude before I hold you in contempt of court, mister.

7. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Meh... Well you're right, in any case. I take these things too seriously. I can't help it.
    I like winning too much, and I like logic too much.

Hm... This weekend I should have time to do a proper burn... Yeah... Instead of judging Animated.

8. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I do want to address some of those points, Yak. I do remember that previous judgment now that you bring it up, and I do have an explanation (such as it is) for the viewpoint switch, but yeah... it'll have to be when I get some extra time. Fairly busy tonight, unfortunately.

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    This seems like it's going to be long... ::braces::

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    So, I assume Durron is voting Darkseid. Whatever, fine. Let's just keep this movin.

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Ok then, we'll come back to it after.

The Wing Kong Exchange1 vs. The Yak's Inferno

Inadvisably Applied Magic1 vs. Watchmen Babies in V for Vacation

Nine.

Baron Helmut Zemo (prepared) vs. Apocalypse (prepped)

Steel (prepared) vs. Monica Rambeau (Prepared)

I'm not sure how I feel about the first one, but I'm kind of thinking...maybe Monica there?

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Ugh. That's no fun. I exercise my right not to think about these matches.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Honestly I'm leaning slightly toward Zemo. Zemo and... Iono, prolly Steel but I have no real supporting evidence either way for that. Just my gut.

Of course, I'm sure Apoc could use his tech to simulate an opera note and shatter the stones. Not sure what shields Zemo could use to stop it. I haven't heard anything but it could be that I'm just not familiar enough w/him yet I guess.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I don't know if an opera note is going to do the trick. Some kind of sonics? Eh, maybe, If I were writing it, I'd lean slightly towards Zemo to knock Fat lips off of his high horse, and I think he's a bit more cunning.

I`d give it to Steel if she wasn't prepared. Because she is, I think it ends up more like her showing against Magneto, but I think it could be written either way. I'll take Monica for now though.

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Hey. Hey. Don't be so authoritative with those judgments.

16. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Gonna reluctantly agree on both matches, even though both have the potential to swing the other way.

And yeah, the sonic thing would be more likely if Zemo hadn't already seen that work. With the prep, it's too likely that it'd be something he'd take strong measures to prevent.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004

The Wing Kong Exchange2 vs. The Yak's Inferno

Inadvisably Applied Magic1 vs. Watchmen Babies in V for Vacation1

Vulcan vs. Onslaught

Machine Man vs. Silver Surfer

Okay, well, if anyone thinks Vulcan is going to win that, well...Let's just not wait for that to happen.

The Wing Kong Exchange2 vs. The Yak's Inferno 1

Inadvisably Applied Magic1 vs. Watchmen Babies in V for Vacation2

Black Adam vs. Baron Mordo (prepped)

Firelord vs. Batman (Prepared)

Okay. Thoughts?

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I would assume Mordo and Firelord. Unless it's the WWIII Mordo who would run up to Black Adam and punch him in the face with no spells behind it.

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm sure, given enough incentive and a little time, I could easily write Batman over Firelord.

P.S. Did anyone see that Bat/Super cover with heat vision coming out of Bat's eyes while he bursts free from what I can only imagine is a grave? wat are goin on there?

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    So I'm the only one that saw that cover? Pretty ridiculous. Anyway, here's what I'm about to do, feel free to judge these at any time and I'll add up the scores after.

Black Adam vs. Baron Mordo (prepped)
    Uhm, sure, given certain circumstances, Mordo might be able to win. I guess.

Firelord vs. Batman (Prepared)

I'm not going to lie. I don't like Firelord here. But he still wins.

Ten.

Ultron (prepared) vs. Mongul
    Ultron.

Iron Man (prepared) vs. Super-Skrull
    Man of Iron.

Loki (prepared) vs. Cassandra Nova
    Low key

Phoenix (Rachel Summers) vs. Reed Richards (Prepared)
    Reed

Sinestro vs. Annihilus (prepped)
    Sinestro is no Quasar. Annihilus.

Omni-Man vs. Supergirl
    Omni-Man, with the experience.

Battlebeast vs. Exodus
    I don't care, Exodus is the biggest bum ever. Battlebeast.

Nimrod vs. The Immortal
    That's tough...Umm, Nimrod?

Doomsday vs. Terrax
    Time to sing the doom song.

Blue Beetle (Prepared) vs. Nova
    Not proven yet. Nova.

Despero vs. Maestro
    Des-des-des-despero!!!!

Mary Marvel vs. Captain Marvel
    Kablaam! I mean Shazam! wait, that doesn't work here. Captain.

General Zod trumped w/ Bizzaro vs. Magneto
    I am inclined to say...trump. No? Sure.

Green Lantern (John Stewart) vs. Etrigan, The Demon
    You know, I am just not that impressed with Etrigan. I say the GL wins this one.

General Zod (frofeit) vs. King Hypeness
    Hype.

Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) vs. Dark Ages Spawn (Lord Covenant)
    Again, seen more from the GL. Inclined to vote for it.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure about some of these. Open to some form of arguments.

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, if King Hype doesn't get much TP resistance here after beating a whole planet, Battle Beast shouldn't get ANY for beating some bum. Exodus wins that, makes it 7-5. Then I guess back to Juggernaut... It was unavoidable... And I have to see if I want to argue a couple more of those. I would actually need to do some research on Loki...

Ugh. Researching Loki makes The Yak sick. He can have his stupid win. I think I already pretty much said what I had to say for Juggernaut till I see what Durron has to say. Basically, Darkseid can't hurt him and he'll eventually pound Seid into unconsciousness.

I guess I'll look more into Magneto later. I know he's taken on the Avengers with Thor and Hercules a couple times, written at less than his max power...

Yeah, okay. Basic argument is this and of course Mags has a respect thread that can be checked out easily.
    His shields (which he apparently never uses against the X-Men) hold against Mjolnir, nuclear bombs, at least 1 blast from Captain Universe Spider-Man, and a blast from Galactus. And just in case someone thinks holding against Mjolnir is just an equal feat to holding against a punch from Zod, remember that this is a guy who is Zod level strength, HOLDING a ridiculously strong weapon. That's beyond anything Zod and his boy will muster in this fight. And yeah... Nukes... Galactus (it was just 1 blast but he was cool). I don't see these 2 topping that. In fact I haven't seen anything get through his shields yet, though in a very early appearance (where he could ONLY manipulate metal) he did say that he couldn't take too many shots from Mjolnir.

Magneto hurled a mountain on top of people. He also amped his physical strength up to be able to break away from a Hercules bear hug (and he only got hugged b/c he was trying to talk and Herc is an idiot). So, strength is more than covered.

But who needs strength when he could absorb his opponents' life energy, as he did to Phoenix (and she did actually have Phoenix power in this, so I guess it was somewhere between the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix sagas or something), not to mention his shields holding against her too, quite easily.

So basically, they won't get through his shields and he will pummel them or absorb their life energies or stop their hearts or give them a stroke (Xorn did it to Phoenix and he basically had the same powers) or an aneurism (he's already done that to people) or blast them to death or something. Lotta ways to go about this. But the key is obviously that they won't get through his shields.

And also remember that Magneto rarely fights to kill. He even said against the X-Men that he'd make Wolverine pay for slashing him (again with shields down vs. the X-Men) after the battle was over. Meaning that the X-Men would not be dead. Because he really doesn't care about killing people and quite frankly doesn't want to. But if he goes all-out on these two, seeing as he's not seeking to talk with them and they certainly want him dead, he's going to win as he usually does.

:[face_sigh]: And now to wait...

22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Hm, maybe he hasn't taken on Avengers with Thor and Hercules at the same time. Cant find any of that. Oh well, doesn't diminish the awesomeness of his shield.

23. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
  24. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    So what's the final verdict here?

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Everybody loses.

Thread Status: