main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The DragonCon 2006 Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Dagobah_Diva, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Hancocks is having a sale March 12 through April 1st.
    30% off prom-i-nence collection. These fabrics include, interlocks, chiffon georgette, stretch satin, hammered satin & embroideries. I don't know what some of those fabrics are, but figured most would be good for Can Can outfit. Also the illusion & sparkle illusion is on sale for $1.99 yard. It looks all shiny and two different colors in the pictures. Nylon net for $0.99 a yard. Feather boas are 20% off and 20% the chic boutique which looks like fancy assorted embellishments. There is also a 50% dress trims by the yard, including laces (can we use these for ruffles?) And butterick patterns on March 25th only $1.00. Simplicity patterns $1.99 each from March 17th to 19th. McCall's patterns on April 1st only $1.00 and 10% off your total purchase coupon on April 1st only including sales items. Yay for Hancocks! We should pick a date and all us girls doing Can Can's go together.

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    That totally depends on what kind of ruffles you want. There's lots more about this on the Windmill site, but in a nut shell you should think about what you want to ruffles to look like, if you want to be picky about it.

For the movie skirts, the ruffles are probably 4 - 6 inches wide, and are very stiff - probably made from taffeta or some other fabric with a lot of body. Laces (and "All Over Lace" that I think is recommended by the pattern) will be very 'soft' and will have a tendance to face down, no matter what direction the skirt is going. So if you pick up the skirt, the laces will flop down. In addition, you will need a LOT of yardage to go around the skirts multiple times, so it may not be cost effective to use that kind of lace. Fabric lace you can cut into strips, so you get a lot more bang for your buck. But then again you could not do the ruffles as full or not make a full skirt, or you could mix the lace with other fabrics.

So to sum up - Yes, if you want. [face_clown]

Also since my group is driving down, I may as well bring out the Merriweather outfit for one last hurrah.

~H~

3. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Here is an updated list of celebs coming:

As of February 23rd there are 37 guests & Bands confirmed for 2006, including:

Authors:

Stephen Antczak
    Esther Friesner-Stutzman
    Sherrilyn Kenyon
    Marianne LaCroix
    Rosemary Laurey
    John D. Ringo
    John C. Snider

Film & Television:

Charles Band
    Roger Bumpass
    James Callis
    Yvonne Craig
    Denise Crosby
    Don S. Davis
    Rainbow Sun Franks
    Mira Furlan
    Stephen Furst
    Erin Gray
    Christopher Judge
    Stephen & Suzie Lackey
    Traci Lords
    Erin Moran
    Jim O?Rear
    David Prowse
    Eugene Roddenberry
    Kevin Sorbo
    Anson Williams

Comics, Art, & Illustration:

Timothy Bradstreet
    Peter David
    Phil Foglio
    Eva Hopkins
    Joseph Michael
    Linsner
    Ted Naifeh
    George Perez
    Eric Powell
    William 'Bill' Stout
    Marv Wolfman

Music, Theatrics, & Performance Art:

Cruxshadows

4. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005

5. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I am too. There are some very cool Stargate actors to be there, plus Kevin Sorbo!! Yay!

6. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Kevin Sorbo.....................yum.

7. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I so agree. =P~ We will have to get his autograph and chase him down for a...picture. :D

8. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Absolutely! I love me some Hercules or Capt. Dylan Hunt.

Do you think it would be okay if I asked Christopher Judge if I could feel his arms? Watched Stargate last night and his arms and huge and sexy in a sleeveless shirt. LOL!

9. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    We can always try! You never know. :D

10. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Hey there--I'll be chasing ol' Herc down too, especially if he decides to don those leather pants...=P~

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Ahh, the costumes have been moving this week :D Man, have I missed sewing and creating. Getting pumped for CanCan girl workshop too, collecting all sorts of odds and ends for mine.

12. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Cool Dajuan! I still need to figure out what motif I am going to do, although I know the style of dress. I watched MR again last night, but only figured how I want the flounces to look...(and drooled over Christian of course!) :p

13. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I have decided to throw my hat in! I want to meet Baltar. I need a idea of prices for what not and exact dates cause I kinda skimmed the thread and didn't see anything, but I am kinda dumb sometimes. I am dedicated to being Chief Tyrol. Hair cut and Dye will be inclued. I need to start saving now so please give me any info you can.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Linkage! It's the first weekend in September, starts on Thursday and ends on Sunday IIRC. That site address will tell you a lot more than I can. Tickets are only like 50-60.

15. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Cool! More the merrier! We have a good sized group planning on going. Yay :D

16. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    I noticed a couple of new celebs Adam Baldwin & Summer Glau from Firefly and Andy Halett from Angel. Gotta go to work

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Jayne and River?? SCORE!! Now I gotta get that Jayne hat for the con!

18. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Great, now I have to go.

19. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Actually, I think it's Friday through Monday. I'm leaving Thursday though.:)

20. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    I got a second(or third) job to help pay my way for Dragon Con. I wanna go! plus they will probably add more guest as the date gets closer.

21. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    This is of some interest to a few of us, but there is a (strongly supported) rumor going around that Jason, Grant, Steve, & Brian from the Ghost Hunters will be at Dragon Con! :D

Correction: They are confirmed on the Dragon Con site, along with several new names including Adam Baldwin from FireFly and Rachel Luttrell from SG-A. :D

The list is updated...

22. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    How Cool! I will have to get autographs for Kristin and Kristin now. LOL! :D

23. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    That just made the expenses of this trip all worth it.[face_dancing] I'll have to ask Steve about all his Star Wars tattoos. Good way to get him to take his shirt off maybe. LOL

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    From the way you guys talk about their boards, I'm afraid they will be swamped with fangirls, ewwww. Still it's a cool show so I might have to go see them too :)

25. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000

Jumps up and down with glee

:D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.