main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The DragonCon 2006 Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Dagobah_Diva, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Ok, lets see if this worked..never done a link before...
    Here is my finished Moulin Rouge costume.
    [image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/spideymj/DSC03621.jpg]
    [image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/spideymj/DSC03623.jpg]

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    That looks great, I love the colors! If you have them (or can find them), I'd suggest putting a few blue/green/purple feathers in your hair.

Sadly, my plans have changed and I won't be able to attend DragonCon this year. :( But have fun, and be sure to post pictures!

3. TackMag

TackMag Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2006
    Susan and I are going; we are staying at the Marriott. As I am typing this she is working on her Dark Jedi. Her Mando is 80% done Mine is done unless I get my new helmet in and built (Doubt it). She is going to bring the Mando and two different Jedi costumes, I am bringing my Mando that saw it's first action at the FFMW meeting, a Dark Jedi welding a light pike style weapon (A short light saber mounted on a 5' staff to form a pole arm style weapon) and Storm trooper X.

[image=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/rbeaster/StormtrooperX.jpg]

What I would like to see is a definitive Stl list of D-Coners and where they are staying. Perhaps we can get a cell phone list going as well so we can make sure that we are in touch once we hit Atlanta.

4. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    That is great that you two are coming!! We will have to get together!

5. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    It looks great Laura and you look great in it! I didn't notice the peacock feather in your hair till my second look. I need to get started on mine. The ruffles are what worry me. Ugh!

Susan, I am so glad you two are going! Yay! I agree we should get a roll call list with phone and room #'s.

Heather, we will miss you, but I promise to drink a few for you! LOL!

6. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Here are few interesting people added to the official attending list... oh and Aaron A. Allston is official now. :D

David Accord
    [2006 Guest] David Acord is a Lucasfilm employee, who's sound editing credits include Star Wars Episodes 2 and 3 as well as the DVD remasters of the original trilogy.

Dave Barclay
    [2006 Guest] His pupeteer work in "The Empire Strikes Back", lead to further collaboration with Frank Oz in "Return of the Jedi" (Jabba the Hutt), "Labyrinth", "The Dark Crystal", and "Little Shop of Horrors".

Kee Chan
    [2006 Guest] Kee Chan has had a great acting career so far that has taken him all around the world to film in locations that most of us would only dream of ever visiting! He was in Australia when he got cast in <i>Star Swar Episode 3</i> as Senator Male Dee. Kee Chan has starred in Mission Impossible II with Tom Cruise and has a TV series coming soon in which he plays the lead role with Dennis Hopper called Flatland.

Dermot Crowley
    [2006 Guest] Dermot plays the noble General Crix Madine in <i>Return of the Jedi</i>, as well as the villainous Major Kamp in <i>Octopussy</i>.

Peter Jurasik
    [2006 Guest] Peter, Babylon 5's Ambassador Londo Mollari, has a surprising list of onscreen and offscreen credits. Yes, he actually played in Tron, too.

David Lloyd
    [2006 Guest] David Lloyd is a British comics artist best known as the illustrator of the graphic novel V for Vendetta, written by Alan Moore.

7. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Yes, I am double posting...lol.

I want to go here really badly. It does cost $22.75 for the day, but if anyone wants to go, I will make reservations (since they strongly suggest it). Let me know!

8. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Yay! I am getting more and more excited and all I can think about is Dragoncon. Ugh!
    I might go to the aquarium with you Christina, but I won't know til closer to our departure date. I am currently listing things on ebay to make some D*C money. LOL!

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    We were working on Ewoks tonight and I caught John like this:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Costumes/Ewoks/WTHJohn.jpg]

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] John you look just like my cousin Dean...in the 70s! LOL

11. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I thought he kind of looked like Carrot Top, but with brown hair. Thanks for starting my day with some laughs! :D

12. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    He looks rather disturbing. Funny, yet disturbing. Like serial killer-ish.[face_laugh]

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    More disturbing pictures of John:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Costumes/Ewoks/TopFaceBoneonHat.jpg]

I am proud to say one of the Ewoks actually looks like an Ewok now! :D There was much giggling and high fiving when we realized it actually worked! John says no pictures until its debut at DC though.

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    John, that thing is scary! Boy DC is getting close. Leash and I are going to have to kick to butt to get our costumes done.,. LOL.

15. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Looks great John! I can't wait to see the finished product!

I finished my bloomers. I actually got a ruffle around each leg. I am going to try and do some ruffles on my butt, but (ha ha) will have to see if I have time. Ruffles are a pain in the butt! I finished my chap looking thingies, but might thin them out a little. The vest is mostly constructed, but I am adding pieces to it and will have to shorten and hem it. I will have to try and age the vinyl too, which should be fun. LOL! I have cut out the outside fabric for my corset, will cut out the rest this week and hopefully get it sewn. I hope to have the chaps, corset and vest done this week. Then I will have to make my tool belt and add my accessories.

Then Christina and I will have to try and conquer the ruffles on my petticoat when she gets back. Ugh! (Mostly Christina, I am just the cheering section as I have no idea of what I am doing, LOL!)

Oh and a big Thanks to Dajuan and Christina! If not for you two I would not have a Can Can costume or I would be working on it now, ripping apart pieces and throwing things. LOL! :D

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Having a cheering secting is just as important as the sewing section in my book. I would go crazy without someone there to talk to too, when I am pulling out my hair...lol.

17. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Stanislav Ianevski or Viktor Krum from Goblet of Fire (Yumm! and he was attending the Unversity in London when discovered so he's legal ladies. LOL!)

and
    Mickey Rooney added (Why? I have no idea)

18. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    [face_batting] [face_love]

Finally a fourth person I'd be interested in seeing.

[face_frustrated]

19. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Yes, I beleive I've found my halloween costume.

20. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Didn't even notice, but somehow I quoted the wrong post. I meant the one with the mask.

21. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    The only way I know of to age vinyl is with a whip.;) I guess I've watched to many episodes of Real Sex on HBO.

My can-can dress situation is looking grim. My mom brought down the wrong dress, so she said she'd ship me the other one. Besides altering the sleeves to just straps and doing all the ruffles, I think it'll be okay. (It has a giant bow on the butt......should I leave it there?[face_laugh]) I just need someone to show me how to do the first ruffle and I should be able to do the rest. I hope.

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I hear Christina and Leash know all about ruffles *ducks* Seriously though, I can't help you on that, I didn't do ruffles I went for leaves (thanks Leash). Definately lose the bow :p

23. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I was actually thinking (with the bow) to take it off the butt, and pull up the side of the dress then sew the bow on the side where the dress is pulled up. You know what I mean? That way the ruffles would be showing at all times on that one part. I think it'll look good in theory...course, I can't remember exactly how big the bow actually is. It could very well look completely idiotic.

24. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Amy I can show you how I did the ruffles for my bloomers. I don't know that it is the right way, but it works. Now sewing them onto the skirt is a whole other matter. I know what you mean about the bow staying on the side. That might look cute, depending on how big the bow is.

25. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Seems the atlanta browncoats are going to hold a wake for Shepard and Wash for all the Firefly fans.

http://thewake.atlantabrowncoats.com/

Dajaun, you and I will have to attend this

Sunday
    Down and Out With Harry Dresden: An Hour With Jim Butcher - 5:30 pm
    Jim Butcher is one of urban fantasys breakout stars. Butcher will talk about his unique blend of mystery and fantasy, and what his fans can expect from him in the future.
    Jim Butcher, Sherrilyn Kenyon (mod)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.