main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The DragonCon 2006 Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Dagobah_Diva, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Sounds like fun to me. We should bring books of his to have him sign them.

2. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    It has been decided that I will be taking the van to DC, so I will have lots of room for stuff and people... :D

3. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Dajuan and I thought it would be funny to have the Ewoks strapped in one of the back seats. LOL! :D

4. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I guess Miss Shoshan is new. I really wish I would of redone Shaak Ti now! Darn it!

» Orli Shoshan
    [2006 Guest]

Orli can be seen in Star Wars Episodes 2 and 3 as Jedi Master Shak Ti. Check out the Episode 3 DVD for a cool deleted scene where Shak Ti meets her fate at the hands of General Grievous!

Oh, Do we have any Andromeda fans other than me? I want to go see him!

Steve Bacic
    [2006 Guest] Steve is best known as Telemachus Rhade on the series Andromeda.

5. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    For any of you Firefly/serenity fans going to dragoncon, a guy is gonna be selling firefly lanyards at dragoncon. This is where to find the livejournal thread to find out more about it:
    http://community.livejournal.com/dragoncon/754201.html

6. TackMag

TackMag Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2006
    Susan and I are almost ready for D-Con. We are putting the finishing touches on our Jedi and she is about done with her mando as well. We have been wanting to do something else to show how much we were addicted to Star Wars so we decided to get inked!!!!!

Here is Susan's. It is the Palpatine family crest mixed with the Mandalorian Mythosaur skull and "Strength" written in Aurek-Besh.
    [image=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/rbeaster/MVC-039S.jpg]

Here is mine. It is the Mandalorian Mythosaur skull and "Death Before Dishonor" in Mando'a.
    [image=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/rbeaster/MVC-041S.jpg]

7. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Very cool!!!! I'm jealous!

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hey, anyone who is coming over tomorrow for costuming and you think you will be here for a while, bring somethhing that goes with grilled burgers/chicken for dinner. We need buns and cheese for sure, and probably some sides and drinks or if you want a different meat bring that. This way we don't have the big scramble for cash for dinner. Sound good?

9. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks Dajuan for having the huge costuming fest at your house. LOL!

Just an FYI for all of us staying at the Hyatt. The sales tax on the rooms in 15% per night, per room.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Holy fracking crap! Well the ballpark figure I gave you guys yesterday is waaaaay wrong then.

New ballpark figure each is $172.50. If anywants an individual break down let me know. I can easily figure it. I just don't really want to post individual amounts on here.

EDIT: Bad news John, Warwick Davis has canceled!

11. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    Nine days? NINE DAYS?!!? Ok, this is me hyperventilating...

But at least I got TODAY the last part of one of my costumes that I ordered in MAY. So my stress is a *little* less than it was this time yesterday. Mind you, I said "a little"...

NINE DAYS!?!?!

12. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Oh god! Why did you break down the days?! :eek:
    Now I am freaking out!!!! [face_worried]

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I thought we had 10!!!!!!1! Crap!! Must. Sew. More. Must. Ignore. Bloody. Fingers.

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Ok, everyone, take deep breaths... :D We can coordinate our times available and get all costumes done! I have faith in our collective abilities! LOL

15. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Vest is more or less done. I just now need to hook up the belt thingies to chap thingies and tweak all the little things. Then on to ruffles. Ugh!

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Chris just dropped off more work tonight :p Making progress, but nothing is done yet.

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I just found out I get to work on Sunday, oh fun! I'll have to leave at 4 so at least it'll give us time to work in the morning, and I'm off all day Friday so we can get stuff done then as well. Vipers are done but for the vests but those could use some paint, glue, and ideas for rivits. So pretty much I have the Ewoks left.

18. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Woo hoo! I can help with rivet ideas, paint and Ewoks. LOL! Yay! I had to make a fake cuff on the chap thingies they were too short with the different boots I got. I need ideas on belt placement, but that will take no time. So I need to age the vinyl, and make some tools thingies, cut ruffles and then cheer Christina on and assist her when we do the petticoat. Oh, and make horns which will happen tonight. See we can do this!!!! LOL! =D=

19. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Maybe not. I just tried on my can can, and the bodice doesn't fit. And right now, I have no motivation to redo it...

20. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I'll motivate you....

With my ewoks fist!

21. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Ok, Dajuan the Battlestar arm-glowey-things are done. And I remind you of my legal waver...

I am in no way a professional electrician, therefore the "arm-glowey-things" are fairly fragile, and should they start feeling hot, I recommend you unplug them immediately.

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Score :) If it goes batty I can always take the battery out or put it in my pocket, thanks :)

Christina if you need help with the bodice I might be able to tweek it for you.

23. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Oh my, start feeling hot??? That sounds slightly unnervering...lol.

Thanks Dajuan. I am just feeling out of sorts and fat. :p

24. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Bad news Amy...Jason and Grant are said to be NOT coming after all. And as of right now, no one seems to know WHO is showing up from Ghost Hunters... :_|

25. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Well, crap.[face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.