main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA the drama free group...yeah right

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthMalum, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Ok, I have been asked by a couple of people to give my thoughts on what is happening to the group. First off I don?t really know why some people are leaving, they have their reason, but what I don?t get is why you can?t just hold on for 2 more months until their terms are done maybe 3 at the most giving transfer time for the new officers. I understand people?s schedules get busy so have mine in the past, and I understand that the 501st and the RL are the big groups and have the costumes and they are the big draw and I don?t have anything against the choice of those groups over the IEFF, but you made a commitment to be an officer for a whole term.
    Second, I stand 100% behind Emperor Mike, unless he makes an immoral, illegal, or unethical choice which he has not I will always back my Emperor, as I did Emperor Kari before him, and Emperor Stuart before that. All of you know that Mike bends over backwards to make this group better, and he is always, always looking for everyone?s votes with anything he has never once gone and just made anything so without running it by everyone first.
    Third I have seen a trend growing over the last few months, where the group use to be a bunch of friends who meet for a common goal Star Wars, and we all had the mind set of what can I do for the group to make it better, to now WHAT CAN THE GROUP DO FOR ME?
    Where did this come from? We are? check that we were the drama free group, but now we are more drama filled the 501st and RL combined, why? Some of these members are the same ones we would sit around and say I am glad we have the IEFF because all the drama of the other groups was so stupid so let?s cut this out we are all grown up?s so can we please stop acting like 5 year olds?
    With this and now that I am sure everyone hates me now to but I am officially announcing I am running for Emperor for the next term and what is my slogan?
    ?IEFF where the drama stops at the door, or you do.?

2. pilot_darklight

pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2006
    I might be wrong but this seemed a little on the harsh side.

3. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    It's only harsh if it wasn't true. The folks who this was directed at know who they are. From what I get of what Ronnie is saying, is that certain folks need to grow up and stop with their childish behavior.

Several of us have been here for 5 years or longer. We're supposed to be friends right? We've done so many things together and been there for each other. What Ronnie is saying is that if those things are true, friends don't act this way.

Everyone has a right to their own opinions and that is encouraged here and welcomed. What isn't welcomed is when those opinions become passive aggresive behavior and general overall difficulty just because. Again, if we're all friends, then friend don't do that.

I think Ronnie's assestment of the group comes from many factors, such as the fact that I posted the minutes from our Feb meeting. On there, I posted the fact that we were ending dues. This should've gotten at least ONE reply from someone about this, especially with all the hub bub about this topic to begin with. The fact that we're not going to have the two tier membership any longer as well. Again no comment from anyone. You'd think with all the discussion we had on this at the time, there would be greater response.

I could give at least a minimum of 15 separate examples of what Ronnie is trying to say here. I won't, as I'm not her to air dirty laundry or point fingers. I think Ronnie just wanted to give his opinion and assesment of what he sees from certain folks. As President of this fine group, I was elected to get some stuff done and take us to that next level. With that comes direction and leadership. The only thing I want for our group is to grow and become better. With that comes involvement and doing your (the group) part to make that happen.

I wish the best to all of us here in the IEFF![:D] :)

4. pilot_darklight

pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2006
    Well it seems like things are happening behind the scenes that I didn't know about, so I apologize for commenting on something without all the info. Reading what I read I can see why things are getting frustrating. I'm just going to plant my feet firmly in the dirt of this group and ride this whole thing out.

5. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Awesome! I'm glad you're a part of this group. Your level of support for this fine group is to be applauded. We're having a minor growing pain and will get through this just fine...no worries.

:)

6. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    We're moving forward people and not looking back! Only good going forward![face_dancing]

We're too good of a group to let such small thinking and pettiness from anyone (including myself)invade this great group of ours!:)

We need to be and stay vigilant against any type of drama, as it's good for nobody and must not be accepted as a part of this group.[face_shame_on_you]

If anyone ever has an issue with anyone in the group, please speak up in private through a PM or email. That goes for me as well.:)

We've all been through alot together over the years and I don't want to see anyone ever leave out of anger, as that's not the way to move to your next adventure.[:D]

All this said, I'd like to move on from this small chapter in our groups history and get back to what's really important...that is, getting together for the common goal of Star Wars and all the fun things it affords us to do as a group. From the small get togethers to the big events and everywhere in between.[face_dancing][:D]:D

Lets have this be the last posting on this thread and get to bigger and better threads. Lets bump this off the the page with fun group growing topics!=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.