main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Dread Masters

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Slowpokeking, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Anyone likes them? I think they are so cool, the power to break an army's will. Their knowledge on Sith Alchemy and Gree/Rakata Technology is also very impressive. I really hope they don't end up all being killed as ops bosses.

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Their Trandoshan Warlord somehow was more fun, as for some reason they just strike me as some kind of attempt at making SW Nazguhl.

darthscott3457 likes this.
  3. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    The Dread Masters represent a Force+ Cosmic Scale application similar to others seen in Bioware productions, such as the abilities of Darth Nihilus and Vitiate himself. Their objectives are even similar, in concept if not method, to those of Darth Jadus in the Imperial Agent storyline.

Their implementation is kind of weird, since freeing them is part of the Imperial planetary quests on Belsavis which, of course, you don't actually have to do (so my Sith Warrior freed them, and my Inquisitor, but my Agent just went and grabbed Scorpio and skipped town), yet they play a major role in the end-game.

They're okay as Ops villains, but seem like the least expressed major group in the game, mostly since Ops are the least story focused of any aspect of TOR. Perhaps that will change in later updates/expansions, though Section X didn't really provide a lot of insight into whatever the Dread Masters are doing.

4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012

They are the most powerful common enemy of both factions so far, 3 ops are about their forces, along with a daily sector and a series of quests in the xpc.

I wonder will they, bring Malgus back like they did to Kephess?

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    If I recall correctly, I think there were some leaked future patch notes earlier in the year and/or last year that said the goal is to have the Dread Masters resurrect the Emperor, cue galactic apocalypse and all that.

6. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I haven't read everything about them yet in-game, but so far seems like they're just convenient excuses for a "third faction" for the Republic and Sith Empire to fight in various ops. "Something strange is going on over there, you've been ordered to go investigate. Oh no, its the Dread Janitor, minion of the Dread Masters, there to advance their mysterious schemes after they've gone rogue from the Empire too!" Seems like the Dread Masters are mentioned in most of the newer ops. Mostly, if anything odd is going on anywhere, the Dread Masters are involved in trying to dig it up. Not sure if the new Ops sheds any light on them, doubt it. They might make interesting enemies, but mostly they're just mentioned as cryptic, vague threats for a while, then just show up with a huge fodder army for daily areas and then they're mostly off-screen. Hm, gotta go find a video of the new Op though sometime, no time for TOR at the moment.

7. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    They tend to be the more supernatural kind of Sith Lord that are just inhuman... ones thinking on cosmic scales like Nihilus, Jadus and Vitiate. Ones that don't go for petty power plays but seek to spread fear, death and destruction in their wake. So, in that sense, they are unique compared to more generic Sith.

Really? Interesting. I know the Dread Masters themselves said that they reason they are attacking the Empire as well is because they only held loyalty to the Emperor due to his strength and his death is why they have gone rogue. Would be interesting if their entire rebellion is simply to bring the Emperor back.

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    If it's not just something I dreamed, then it was probably discussed back in the TOR thread... or the old TOR thread that was abandoned when it fell into a time warp...

Hey, that makes sense. Maybe it was the time warp that caused the patch notes to appear in the thread. :p

9. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    ...a time warp caused by Duros contradicting the EU maybe?

I know, I know... I just wanted to join in on the fun there :(

Zorrixor likes this.
  10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Their official information

[​IMG]

11. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    I would have flushed the dreadmaster insto space rather than capturing them! i'll never forgive them for killing warden Tubby Von Tubbykins

Cronal likes this.