The DREADED Politics Thread: (Political Opinion - Enter at your own Peril)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6

I left myself WIDE OPEN for that one. [face_whistling]

and I am sure God is gifted with infinite patience...otherwise we would all be dead. [face_skull]
  2. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Also, she used the wrong "its." Frigging people need editors, yet won't pay for them. Grumble, grumble. :mad:
  3. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bashing Palin would be stating false declaration, such as, "Palin thought Africa is a country." I just posted the news, rather than everyone's gushing interviews. :rolleyes:
  4. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You play with matches a lot as a kid, AR? o_O

5. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    Ha Ha AR, no doubt! What's the count now on her "exclusive" interviews she given, 7? 8?

I loved the one where she tells the interviewer that "she's comfortable with Obama being president" and then 5 minutes later, brings up Bill Ayers. :rolleyes:

...and then I watched her at the Gov's conference where she had no business bringing that up[ but she started with her stump speech again.

YOU LOST SARAH! Give it up! SO sick of hearing the same old lines from you or don't you have anything more positive to say?!

One great big ball of negativity!
  6. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sarah Palin is irrelevant. She lost. Nothing she says anymore is really worth getting upset about or causing upset with.

We dont like her because we think shes a sore loser? Fine. Show the world how much better we are by being gracious winners and sticking to constructive criticisms. ;)

7. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know!

THIS is Palin bashing ;): And the media acts like she's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but then people actually do INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM and find out what a crook, what a liar, what a cheat she really is. She's vindictive, bigoted, negative, and corrupt and there's NOTHING cute about that.

I saw in the paper today that she says the GOP needs to return to its core values. If you look at the core values when dear Old Ronnie was around, it was fiscal conservatism. Later on they espoused the social conservatives and religious right zealots. So, the religious right zealot (which is what she is, if you look closely) says they should return to their roots? Yeah, and build more "sports complexes" for towns that don't need them in places people can't get to after spending millions in legal battles over the land. :rolleyes: Fiscal conservatism would be a blessing compared to that.
  8. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    If the Media would let her be irrelevant Mistress, it wouldn't be upsetting but there she is anyways stoking the fires of partisanship.
    [face_peace]

I know, I know, don't watch but she's still everywhere. Unfortunately. ;)
  9. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It could be said we are stoking the fires of partisanship by continuing to vilify her, Pooh. [face_peace]

10. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, and if we ignored her instead of exposing her, what more dastardly things could she get up to "up there"? She's in the news and I for one am not going to be an ostrich when it comes to the dangers of Sarah Palin.
  11. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6

winter is coming on, its too cold up there for too much dastardly. ;)
  12. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, until she decides to use state funds with her contractor and lobbyist friends to build an Olympic-pool size hot tub next to her house which looks like the Wasilla sports complex in the middle of nowhere and between the house and the other bridge to nowhere, and the natural gas line "they're already building".
  13. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    Point taken Mistress but even if she were a democrat, or an Independent or a Green Party Member, or even a Sneech (dr seuss reference)

I would still feel the same way about her.

She needs to STOP bashing and reach across herself. She contradicts a lot of what she says. That is a sore point with me and very transparent.
  14. Jyn Jedi Knight

star 3
    She's showing true colors yes, but it's getting old having it shoved in my face from all directions. I understand this is the political thread, but there are other politicians to discuss, she shouldn't even be a blip (no matter the media's preference) for another 4 years (2 if she decides to run for congress)

I voted for McCain because Democratic fiscal policies generally scare me, I don't really like the idea that if I do my freelance web development fulltime I'm going to be taxed at a higher rate with no recourse because I don't employee anyone. Regardless of that, I'm watching very carefully everything Obama is saying and doing, looking very carefully at all the policies he's wanting to implement and trying to keep an open mind.

Right now, the democrats in congress scare me more than Obama does, especially after reading the article I posted on his religious viewpoints. Pelosi pushing for the GM bailout to me just says one thing, she's working for the union lobbyists. You know why the big three can't be solvent on their own? Because they're required to keep people they fire/lay-off on the payroll at full salary and benefits by their union contracts (saw at least one source citing that will not take it as gospel till I see more at least) if not that at minimum pay out way more in human resource compensation than ANY other company in the world, even the government with pensions and great benefits I doubt pays more than the unions have fleeced the big three for.

Unions have their place and their value, but they are hurting the economy more than helping it anymore if what I've been reading is truly accurate. Yet Pelosi and many congressional democrats say we have to give the big 3 billions to meet those outrageous obligations. It'd be horrible if they filed for bankruptcy because the judge would likely vacate those contracts... hmm... if I had the time to look up the numbers I wonder how it would work out for number of unemployed vs number that would strike if bankruptcy voided union contracts... What they get is what I'm paid as a web developer, with better benefits, and they're guaranteed it for LIFE.

There are much better, more relevant (at least for the immediate future) political topics to be discussing than Palin's missteps and issues (of which she admittedly has many that range from minor to major)
  15. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    sooooo....if GM would lay me off, they would still have to PAY me?? i am confused.

and i like Palin...i think the media just wants to rag on someone besides Bush...
  16. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not sure if your comment about having it shoved in your face is directed at me exclusively Jyn but this is the first time that I have had an opinion that I stated about Sarah Palin in this thread to the degree that I have but I have a right to say it whether you think or Nnay thinks it's bashing. I said one thing or two so I don't consider that shoving it in anyone's face, I consider that stating my opinion about current events.

This is the politics thread and she is making political news. [face_peace]
  17. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5

... and that's fine Nnay. I don't like her and she's still responsible for what she says to the media.

I won't say anymore unless you do. [face_peace] :*
  18. Jyn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not you exclusively no, I'm getting it from all directions, this just happens to be the only one I have an outlet for it through.

Stating an opinion on it is fine, what irks me is seeing nothing but her. There is much more political news than just Palins screw-ups and I personally think it's a bit too narrow of a view for this thread to be so highly focused on her.

My initial sentence was out of frustration, the rest of my post was meant to get across I think we need to expand the topics this thread addresses. Whether it's perceptional on my part because of how much it's coming from other directions as well or real, it does feel at least like this thread was becoming exclusively about her.

I'd like to see debate on Obama's tax plans, debate on various things the congress is wanting to do. Discussion on the agendas of the lame duck session as well as things that are planned for later. Mideast relations, world relations, UN relations, etc. I saw one article about an interview with a Taliban official saying they don't trust Obama to change anything as far as relations with them go.
  19. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
  20. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    This thread was created by SS as an avenue for us all to discuss politics. We dont all agree on everything, so debate is obviously implied in its very existence. We have gone on for many more pages than I had ever thought possible without any real threat of having it locked and I for one would love to keep posting in it for many more.

If you disagree with a statement or ideal of another poster, by all means list your points and reasons for disagreeing...but do it responsibly and respectfully. And please can we agree to stop, think and pull out a frakking thesaurus if the "rare" occasion occurs where we cannot think of a word to describe a political figure that isnt as base as namecalling? We are all smarter than that. :)
  21. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
  22. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

uhm i wasn't yelling or getting mad...i am done doing that so no worries....i do not think i was being too OH MY GOSH YOU PEOPLE!!! no that was last week. :p

i am over getting upset over what certain people say, because honestly i don't care what they think or what they do...not worth my time. i gots peps who love me and actually know me so that is what matters. WORD!

23. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is it McKiernan in Afghanistan that says we need to negotiate with the Taliban (Taliban is not Al Qaeda, remember) to reduce tensions and such?

24. Jyn Jedi Knight

star 3
    I couldn't find anything about him endorsing it, just Petraeus and a comment by Gates that the US might accept the Afghan government negotiating with them. A few articles about Saudi broker's peace talks from October... but yah, I couldn't find anything relating McKiernan to that position specifically.
  25. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

SO basically it is SS's fault...Figures! :rolleyes: *snicker*
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.