main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "The Dreaming Void" - Any Peter F. Hamilton Fans around here?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Jedimarine, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    For those living in the UK, you already have your reward...as for me, I've been suffering through commonwealth withdrawal for nearly 2 years!

I came upon "Pandora's Star" entirely by accident...a freebie copy of it was given to me at the Del Rey booth at a con...it sat on a shelf for months until I decided...what the hell...and WOW...I could've kicked myself for letting it sit so long.

Is there anybody out there awaiting this book?

Is there anybody out there who read it already? Is it worthwhile?

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    No, sorry; never heard of it.

3. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    This thread mentioned them breifly as someone was thinking about reading them then.

I am currently reading it. I got it when it was released, and it sat next to my bed until I finished "The Braided path" by chris Woddings.

Its set 1500 years after Judas Unchained.

I struggled through the first chapter of The dreaming Void, but after that things get better, once you understand what is going on:confused:

I thought the universe that PFH created in Pandoras star and Judas Unchained was very beliveable, but still OMG cool at the same time.

I'm about 200ish maybe pages in and after a slow star it picks up pretty well, new characters, plus returning characters from Pandoras Star :cool:

NOOB LURK MOER:p

http://www.peterfhamilton.co.uk/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.