The Dresden Files

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    It was ok. I was hoping for more of a running mystery, not just a crime an episode. But it'll take a couple more episodes before I decide on it fully. Harry needs to turn his sarcasticness on.
  2. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Sadly enough this wasn't the intended first episode, they just changed the order to make it a Premiere.

I can understand why you'd want to get his back story in but it just seems like an odd choice to use given how much the pacing was slowed by the constant flash backs.
  3. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Yeah, I noticed there was a lot of background missing there. I ended up having to fill in my friends as to who Harry was really, what his job was and all that. So they are Firefly-ing this show, joy.
  4. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Yeah, I was under the impression that they'd start with the pilot, which was based off of Storm Front.

Overall, I liked it, but it needs a little work and to pick up some steam, which isn't unrealistic for a completely new show. I was a bit iffy about Supernatural when that came out, and look where we are now.

I kinda wish that Dresden, Bob and Murphy would be a little more sarcastic and abrasive, like they are in the books.
  5. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    This is up for a free download on iTunes:

Here
  6. JediPriestess Jedi Master

star 4
    LOVE the books. Despised the show. ALOT!
  7. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
  8. adoyidej Jedi Knight

star 3
    I still thought he had a good sense of humor...doesn't Blackthrone remind you a bit of Billy Bob Thorton?
  9. Apollo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Didn't like it. I was too confused. Thank you Sci-Fi for not learning the mistake Fox made with FireFly. [face_plain]
  10. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I remember seeing this thread and happened on catching half the episode. I was quite delighted with it, okay mostly because it feeds my horror/fantasy/scifi on TV appetite, but I found it rather enjoyable.

Didn't know until coming here that it was even a book. I'll have to check them out, but perhaps after a couple more episodes.
  11. Beowulf Force Ghost

star 5
    I was pleasantly surprised about this show. Very funny.
  12. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    There's like 8 books out right now. They're fun reads, although not terribly well written.

In another world, I'd love to see this paired up with Supernatural, or a crossover.
  13. NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This episode was ok. Let's be honest it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out was going on half way through the episode. The plot was fairly simple. That being said, the characters were likable and interesting.
  14. JediPriestess Jedi Master

star 4
    Well lets see.

Karin's character with a kid? NO just no.

Harry waking up in the sack with some gal? WRONG

Barely any magic used.

Where's the damn duster?

Where was Mister?

The wards were silly.

No pentagram necklace.

Bob uh No.

Doom Box? LMAO

This is just the tip of the iceberg.
  15. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I wouldn't say that they're terribly poorly written either. They're a cut above average - I'd call them average by prose quality, above average in entertainment value.
  16. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I didn't say poorly. Average maybe? They were quick reads for me, so on par with most (very good) tie-in novels, if that puts it into perspective. They're fun reads. I'm planning on getting the rest of the series at some point.
  17. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
  18. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    New episode on tonight - What'd people think of this one?
  19. Thrawn1786 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm new to the series in general, both book and tv(my boyfriend told me about the books, which piqued my curiosity about the show). I watched both episodes tonight, and I liked the second one better. The first seemed a little rushed, and not well together. I've yet to read the books, so if that's the way it's supposed to be, oops. [face_blush]

Overall, it seems like a good show. :)
  20. NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tonihgts episode was again ok. again i was able to kind to figure it out a head of time, but not every show has to have plot twist out the butt. I like the character.
  21. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    It was better than last week's episode, which is a good sign. They've got some good things going, and the Harry/Murphy relationship was worked out a bit more, which was good.
  22. adoyidej Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm only a little more than halfway through the episode. I had to stop watching after Murphy got posssessed...I'll finish it up tonight.

BTW, I found a cast interview for the show
    http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/Magazine-Home/MBMag_2007011792.html

23. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Fun episode tonight - Finally, they nailed Murphy's character.
  24. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    I've become a fan of the series over the last few weeks. I've never read any of the novels though..
  25. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    They're worth picking up and reading through. They'r fun reads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.