main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lightsaber Combat in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Canyon D, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Mikda

Mikda Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2016
    Darth Mikey the force is strong with you! You are very knowing and wise!

Darth Mikey and Ricardo Funes like this.
  2. Mikda

Mikda Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2016
    Finn to suffer so he can come back ( healthy) and perhaps kill Kylo's people. I don't think so.

3. Ord Sorrell

Ord Sorrell Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2016
    Pretty low for me...

lets see, ROTJ, ROTS, TPM, ROTS, ESB, ...

it really wasn't that great a duel... kinda bummed that Kylo took so much damage in it...

The Atmosphere and set/surroundings were great... Finn's contribution was great... But the Kylo/Rey thing was poorly done imho.. it also made Kylo look extremely weak, which isn't setting up the rest of the trilogy well since he will most likely be the main antagonist

4. Mikda

Mikda Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2016
    The force has it's own will and can do different things with different people. There is no script with regards to the force. The force can control and also be controlled!

5. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    We have canon in conflict.

One novel he will be "fine". Another "nobody knows".

6. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I am almost sure Finn will have to use a kind of Star Warsy mechanical enhancement to fix his injury.

Also, isn't the answer already in your own post?
    The junior novelization also stresses that will the doctor originally reported Finn would be fine, that was "days" ago as of Rey's leaving for Ach-To, and his condition is still the same as it was at the beginning (Ch. 21, p. 183).

7. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Nope, double-check the timestamps, so to speak. The initial prognosis immediately after treatment was that Finn would be okay (medically, at least). When they began to question whether or not that was true was days later when there had been no progress, around the time that Rey left to find Luke . So, different opinions at different times, with new information. In fact, the junior novel even outright says that the they originally thought he was going to be okay but are having second thoughts in the "present." So, this is not an inconsistency.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  8. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Oh ok. Can't wait to see RoboFinn in VIII! Or Finnanator! Or the 6 Million Credit Trooper! Or Finnatus Of Borg!

Sarge likes this.
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Kylo wasn't exactly thinking that Finn would make it off Starkiller Base and recieve medical attention. He wanted him to have a slow, painful death in the snow.

10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  11. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015

You mean, like other dozens of Star Wars characters, including Mr. Vader himself?

Darth Basin likes this.
  12. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

Personally, I'd rather see Finn get patched up with the wound regenerated than have a Borg implant or something.

BlurryUFOs and Ricardo Funes like this.
  13. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    RoboFinn = no longer the CR.

14. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

I don't get it.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  15. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    That's the thing I can't seem to get,(as things stand) with Finn's injury. I realise it's fantasy. After all, 'in universe' someone was once literally sliced in half by a lightsabre over the precipice of a huge shaft. Which led to both halves of the cadaver to aimlessly fall and disappear en route to a very messy end, (you would assume?) but no! ;) he actually survived lol.

But anyway. Finn was on the receiving end of a very fierce slash from a lightsabre that appeared to strike his spinal column from one end to the other. I'd be very, very surprised if he isn't replete with some sort of cybernetic attachment from the waist down the next time we see him up and about in VIII. Then again, I won't if he isn't.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    Thought it was a cracker. Heavy blows, genuine stakes. My favourite is still ESB though. Best one by faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr.

17. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    ^^ This

TCF-1138 and PaulWrightyThen like this.
  18. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Exactly, and that's what sets it apart from the other duels in the series, besides (IMHO) ESB and ROTJ.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I liked that part when those people hit those laser swords against each other. That was cool.

20. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    You're so hard to please.

21. WhyKnock

WhyKnock Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2016

It's possible, or a nice bacta soak and he'll be AOK. It works for Wampa attacks and frostbite!

22. Mikda

Mikda Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2016
    If the force wills it!

23. Mikda

Mikda Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2016
    There wasn't any information in TFA that indicated Finn was force sensitive. Now, In film 8, he could be force sensitive. I read he will become a Jedi. And I disagree that everyone has midichlorians! Can anyone clarify this?

24. Mikda

Mikda Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2016
    SITH!

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Mikda : Please combine your points into one post... if you've already posted it, use the Edit function to add to your post. Don't make multiple back to back posts.

Also...
    "There wasn't any information in TFA that indicated Finn was force sensitive". Actually, there are multiple parts which some people took as hints or signs of Force sensitivity in Finn. Nobody can say one way or the other for sure yet. But that's better discussed in the Finn thread.