main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Duel..."Special Edition" short story repost...sorta.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zane-Marit, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Since GL can change his films and call them his "Completed" versions...I figured that I would go back to some of my earlier works and "Touch them up" a little. Call it artists perogative. So without further ado...Presented in THX...Enjoy!!!!

The Duel

The cave was pitch black, the only illumination coming from a lone lightsabers blade. The blue hue of the lightsaber reflected against his clean shaven youthful face and its subtle hum echoed down a seemingly endless tunnel. He held the blade above a lifeless body in a vain attempt to find any minor flicker of life. He took a moment to grasp the obvious before wiping a tear from his check, leaving a thin black smudge trail behind. He rose and turned his attention further into the cave.

He could sense the power of the dark side. It was strong in this place. Fear made his hands tremble and the youth tried his best to control it. With a mournful expression, the padawan risked one last glance towards his fallen master before continuing deeper into the cave, seeking out the source of this dark power. The padawan took a deep breath and slowly placed one foot in front of the other?

The boy followed his master, as all padawans did, to this cave because his master had sensed a powerful presence in the Force. The boy gave voice to his concerns of sensing danger. The master assured the apprentice that he could handle any unforeseen danger. So the boy waited at the lip of the caves entrance, just as his master commanded. The boy stood at the entrance with a firm grip on the hilt of his saber as a precaution. He still expected to see his master emerge with news of this great presence and they would be able to continue their journey. Fate it seemed, had other plans.

Trusting in the Force, the padawan moved forward into the cave. He ignited his blue blade not entirely sure why, when an instant later a terrible scream echoed along the walls of the cave, quickly enveloping the boy. The sound climbed into his brain and took root, refusing to relinquish its hold on his mind. The padawan fell to one knee as tears clouded his sight. He knew his master was dead. Every cell in his body yelled to flee, run from this cave, this world, and never return. But the boy knew he had to find what killed his master, even if it meant his own death.

All sense of time was lost as the padawan made slow but steady progress deep into the cave. The boy focused hard on listening to the Force, wanting it to guide him. Soon the padawan had found his master. Extending his senses the boy felt no immediate danger and kneeled beside his master. The cold lifeless eyes revealed an expression of shock. The padawan held his light saber close to his masters body, using it as a glowrod, and scanned the area. There were no signs of a struggle. No scorch marks along the walls. No trampled sand along the ground. The padawan looked more closely at his masters body and found his masters lightsaber still clipped to the utility belt. An odd place for his lightsaber to be, the padawan noted.

After closer inspection, he found a singe mark in the upper chest area of his masters robes. His nervous fingers clambered and shook as he verified what he already knew. The wound was cauterized. A lightsaber had been the weapon used against his master. Whoever did this was not only skilled with a lightsaber, but also trained in the Jedi arts. It would take a powerful Force user to mask themselves completely from a Jedi master.

He removed his masters lightsaber and clipped it to matching spot on his own belt. He then bowed his head in a silent prayer before steadily moving further into the cave. The walls widened as the boy approached a fork. A sudden wind flowed through the cave and a chill down the padawans back, standing the tiny hairs on his arms and neck to stand on end. He raised his lightsaber into a defensive position just as a red blade hissed to life with a fast blow aimed at his head. The padawans quick reflexes spared his life for the moment.

The red blade sna

2. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    I guess this idea didn't go over too well.

3. Odd-Thomas

Odd-Thomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    I didn't see this the first time, so it was new for me! Liked it, you covered characters not seen too often.

4. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Those descriptions were excellent and the tension you developed was great. Wanted to know exactly what was lurking around those dark corners! Interesting twist at the end with Maul. This was fun to read, Zane!

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was very nicely done, as always!

6. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    a surprise ending! I LOVE surprise endings! :D Good story! :)

sg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.