The Dutch fans v.2.0... any english speaking fellow is allowed!

Discussion in 'BeNeLux' started by Nwalme Jade, Nov 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm, were did we leave our conversation... Was something about all those lessons. Can also choose Japaneese :p
    Just kindin:)
    BTW: just finished watching ANH and TESB. I've never bought the Special Edition when I could - there were times I wasn't such a big fan as I am today :) - but thanks to the Re-Re-release I was able to buy them. Now I've got all 4 of them. Brings back nostalgic feelings looking at the old starwars movies :) it has been a while...
  2. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    I'm not a big fan of the Special Edition. Additionnal FX were not necessary, IMHO. Why adding more X-Wing during the Yavin Battle? The beauty of the victory lies in the fact that Rebels were outnumbered!! (even if it's not realistic ; but, hey, are vessels that make noise in the space realistic??)
  3. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    According to george lucas they were ment to be in the movies the very first time but to technical limits left out, if you didn't know this allready :)
    The special effects in cloud city where the best so far in my humble opinion ;). They give you a better view and so how large this city actualy is :) But I agree they were just as good without them!
  4. Satan_Claus Jedi Youngling

star 2
    It's been a while since I last posted here. I see you guys are talking about the original trilogy versus the special editions. I agree I love the stuff he added in ESB as well as the additional scenes added to the end of the RotJ. Could do without the add- ons in ANH though.Thought they didn't fit somehow. Ofcourse that is just my opinion.
  5. Sith Bane Force Ghost

star 6
    Hi, nice to meet you all. I'm from Zoetermeer, in Zuid-Holland. I like the SE better because I feel they reflect what GL originally wanted. But a friend of mine prefers the original trilogy because of sentiment, and I can understand that, too.
  6. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    Yeah, I know GL wanted it to be that way, but.. yerk, have you seen those horrible dewbacks, and the desarticulate Stormtroopers who ride them? Agrre. It just doesn't fit. Additionnal FX were more subtle in ESB and ROTJ.

(but you forget our main loss : no more "yub yub" song in ROTJ Special Edition!!!)

I just wonder how far we will go with this kind of argument. Are we gonna re-release each movie indefinitely, because there are new technologies? This may never end. There's always new technology.
  7. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    According to Lucas these are the last changes to the movie. Wouldn't like to see even more changes :( Replacing R2-D2 units for Ewoks for one ;)
  8. Sith Bane Force Ghost

star 6
    Nwalme Jade: Sure, some changes are better than others, Jabba in ANH and that weird musical number in ROTJ the worst of them all. But, IMHO losing the dreadful yub-YUb song was an exellent idea.. Now the only place I hear that song is in my nightmares *shudder* :)

But I think these really are the final changes.. I mean, what's he gonna call the next release: Special final edition or something? The way George wants to change it now?
  9. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    kinda liked the ewok song (....yub yub....). Wouldn't mind seeing the additional FX improved. I mean some are pretty fake - such as the animals in Mos Eisley...
  10. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    (Yeah, I miss the yub yub song too!!)

Oh well. GL does whatever he wants to. Doesn't care about me being deeply hurt (*sob sob*) by horrible dewbacks or rontos (= Mos Esley monsters ; I agree, Flyboy : beeahh !).

Now if he could replace those Ewoks by something less "O-so-cuuute-Mom-I-want-one-for-Christmaaaaas!!!"... I like the old idea of Wookies...
  11. Sith Bane Force Ghost

star 6
    HEEEEYYY, the ewoks were cool!!
    They just need to stop singing!
    How could you resist such cute little teddybears!? They're so cuddly! :)

I'm sorry George Lucas is such an insensitive jerk to hurt your feelings so badly. But you're definetly not alone... :)

12. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    I've just watched ROTJ. I was shocked to hear the terrible song that replace the Rebel/Ewok victory song. In my opinion this was one of the best songs of starwars - if not THE best. But it's replaced by some boring song [snif].
  13. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    Thanks for your kindness Sith Bane...
    See, I even forgive you for loving Ewoks.
    I've always prefered Jawas. Some say they smell, but after a bath they're fresh & clean, and still cute. I can't have enough of that "utinni!!"...

Right, the new ROTJ song is just dull, whereas "yub yub" was just plain cool. And at least, we remember it. Who can even sing the new ROTJ final??? Hmm?
  14. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    I prefer the Mon Calamari :) but you allready knew this....
  15. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    And we all know why you liked UBB so much!!
    But I think that this icon is still on Ruin's site.

But why this obsession with Mon Calamari? They look like giant salmons to me.. (prepares to face Flyboy's devastating anger).
  16. Sith Bane Force Ghost

star 6
    *ahem*

La la laaa laaa laaaa
    la la laa laa laa la lalala la
    la la laa laa laa la lalala lala lalala

See, easy!!

(ok, I admit the yub yub song is easier to sing :(

But it's just so more emotional, my mother cried hearing that song! (hmm, now that I think of it, maybe she was just glad the movie was finally over, after I forced her to watch the entire trilogy...oh well)

Mon Calamari... Thought they were cool. Only I don't like those stupid floating command chairs Admiral Ackbar sat in during the battle of Endor.

Oh and thanks for forgiving me......I guess?

17. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    Nononono ! the yub yub song is quite difficult in fact!

We remember the MELODY (who said "noise"???? Zaaap!! Brain fry express! Now please don't interrupt me again, thanks), but the lyrics aren't easy, unless of course you're fluent in ewokese... I mean, who can sing correctly what goes next "yub yub..."???
  18. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know why I like the Calamarian. First time i saw them I became a big fan. I honestly don't know....

BTW: The end song of ROTJ on endor is more expressive! Not dull or boring and has this melody that keeps circelin' in your mind for days... That's what makes it better then the new song!
  19. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    No post since yesterday?

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

IT'S THE DUTCH CURSE!!! <eek>
  20. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Storm5 Force Ghost

star 4
  22. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    Pheww... relieved!

:)

Hi Storm5! You're Dutch too?
  23. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    according to his profile is from belgium - and that's a difference! ;)
  24. Storm5 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I SPEAK Dutch, so...

:)
  25. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    Too stupid or lazy to check the profile...

WHAT??? you're from Belgium and you're not in the french forum???... I don't know, Flyboy, do you think it's worth brain frying???

Or maybe you're from the flamish side of Belgium...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.