Canada The DVD Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    A thread for discussing new DVD's that are on the market.

I just picked up the new "Dukes of Hazard" season 1 set. Anyone else remember it being as laughably violent and anti-law as it was? All I remembered of the show was the car and the "jumps". I had to laugh at the "redneck" dialogue and the countless number of laws the Duke boys break (all for a greater good) that go unseen by Rosco.
    Edit:...Oh ya, the theme song is still one of the best of all time

I also picked up the second season of Smallville. I can?t say enough about this show. Good stories, good acting, and the show honours the characters of the DC Universe very well.
    For me, the best episode is, without a doubt, the one with Christopher Reeve. I get goose bumps every time I hear the original Superman theme in the background. It?s a true ?passing of the torch? moment. Now they need to work in Gene Hackman into an episode to act with Lex.
  2. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    That would be cool. Though I wasn't the biggest fan of Hackman as Lex.

I wanna get the Family Guy DVD's. Does anyone have them? What are the little extras on it?
  3. Cow_Girl Jedi Master

star 5
    We wantssssss it

We needssss it

[image=http://217.148.171.144/ProductImages/autoimport/431400_431499/000000p431489_front.jpg]

We will have to wait till December to getssss it :(
  4. Woofer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Family Guy is fairly straight forward. All the episodes. Commentaries etc (I haven't listened to them yet, been watching the actual episodes)

The one real bonus item is the last box set has an unaired episode (Peter decided to convert to Judaism) with a wonderful Star Wars gag in it.

The last DVD box set I bought was Babylon 5, Season 5. Thats complete now. Although it will be bittersweet to watch the shows now that Richard Biggs is no longer with us.
  5. Rani Veko Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Firefly, the astounding but short-lived sci-fi/drama/western TV show from just under two years ago is part of my collection. The DVD set contains all of the first (only so far) season on 4 DVDs, including the two episodes that were never aired.

I was also given the first season of Six Feet Under, which fortunately is still on TV. Pretty eclectic stuff.

- Rani
  6. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    I have the Family guy on DVD Berx, you can borrow them some time if you want.
  7. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Sure! :cool:

Is Futurama on DVD yet?
  8. Cow_Girl Jedi Master

star 5
    I think that the first and second season of Futurama are out, I remeber seeing them in HMV
  9. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    :mad: I know there are other Doctor Who fans out there, but why do they have to keep buying the last copies of the new DVD's that came out. Every store I go to I get, "Sorry we just sold the last copy."

Family Guy - I borrowed the first season from another member of our chapter. Baby Stewie is the best, "Damn you vial women!!"
  10. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    I love Stewie!

Stewie - "Cut my milk!"

Servent - "I can't sir, its liquid."

Stewie - "Well freeze it then cut it!"

And i have seen futurama on DVD, HMV has it in WEM if your looking for it Berx.
  11. Darth_Haggis Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, Futurama is on DVD. I have the first 3 seasons if you ever wanted to borrow them Berk. :)
  12. Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm looking forward to the Original Trilogy Non-Special Edition DVD that's coming out.

... what do you mean it's never coming?

Never?

As in "Never" Never?

Now I'm depressed.

13. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  14. Arsinoe Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Lessee....

I have the limited edition of Robin of Sherwood. Anyone remember that show? ;) All three seasons. Dang thing cost me a pretty pound and it wasn't easy to get a hold of.

Red Dwarf seasons 1 trough 4...they're smeggin' great!! Have to wait to Feb of 2005 for 5 and 6 by the looks of it. sigh.

Of course I'm waiting for the OT Trilogy to come out - preferably both the non-se and se on the same set of disks. *is NOT holding breath - doesn't like the colour blue that much!*

Then there's the RoTK - EE...yesssss... hurry my preciousssss!
  15. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    I want to pick up the Red Dwarf DVD's too.

I was able to finally find tthe Doctor Who DVD's I was looking for.

The Two Doctors - was good

The Curse of Fenric - not so good, I don't like the character Ace.
  16. Woofer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Chris, I have the Red Dwarf's if you want to borrow them.
  17. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Red Dwarf good. Firefly good, in a different but similar way.

I am eagerly awaiting Blackadder on DVD. :)

I love the fun they are having with the between the scenes on DVDs: you know the various menu options and such. Moulin Rouge was my first exposure to that sort of silly fun that captures the flavour of the movie, and I still adore it. :)

*Derisa*
  18. Woofer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Awaiting Blackadder on DVD? As in to buy it? Because its been out for awhile now.

Another good set for sure.
  19. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master

star 4
    No as in to view it. Need to find a local friend who has it and is willing to loan it,. or view it with me. :) I don't even have a DVD player. :)

*Derisa*
    (Lo-tech diva)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.