main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX The DVD

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Old-Jedi, Oct 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    OK who was out and about last night, oh, around midnight? Has anyone found the "blooper" reel or any of the other easter eggs? Any complaints, comments or praises? Was it worth the wait? How does it rank among your favorite DVDs?

2. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    I haven't looked at everything on it (mainly the extras disc, but haven't looked for any hidden stuff yet), I got it at midnight last night at the Southlake Walmart and it's now my fave DVD (previously my fave has been the Ghostbusters DVD - childhood fave movie with a lot of cool stuff on it - don't get me wrong.. that one is still a very close 2nd, but remember, I'm not a huuuuuuuuge movie fan. There's only a few movies that I could possibly get excited enough about buying these days).

3. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    I got mine at Movie Trading Co. last night, and I'm pleased to say that it is a nearly perfect DVD set. Full-motion menus with John William's wonderful score blasting your speakers. Very well done, this is Van Ling's best work so far.

As far as the video quality? I've never seen a DVD look better. Ever. As far as sound goes, I don't have a DD5.1 sound system, so I really can't say yet. But it did sound really, really cool. You can hear all of the little nuances of Ben Burtt's sound design.

Special features? Oh, my God!!!! The hour documentary? Everything you've heard is true. It is the best film documentary I have ever seen. The only thing I found wrong with it is that after an hour, you just want more, and it's nice to know that there probably will be a much longer version of it at some point.

The deleted scenes are very cool, even if there isn't much to them. The podrace additions are the longest ones, and the rest are rarely longer than about thirty seconds.

I know a lot of people were hoping for ALL the deleted scenes, but given that we see a lot of those scenes being filmed in the documentary makes me believe that those scenes WILL be in the eventual 6-film boxed set, possibly reincorporated back into the film.

I haven't had a chance to go over much else yet, but believe me, this set will keep you busy for at least a day, no joke.

And BTW, the blooper reel alone is worth the price of the disc. Who knew Yoda couldn't remember his lines? LOL!

4. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Kurgan's right.. the documentary kicked butt and my only complaint was that it had to end!

Woo! :)

I still need to watch some of the other stuff like the bloopers.. haven't had a chance to yet - got a lot of errands to run :( ah well...

5. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Got my copy; sadly too busy to give it a full viewing until next week...

anyone access the AOTC dvd-rom web pages yet ?[face_plain]

6. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Haven't been able to get on the official site yet. I think it's probably backed up with everyone trying to get on.

Supposedly it says that you'll be able to download the AOTC trailer on November 9th.

Apparently, it's also got some exclusive pictures including a cool Jango Fett pic. I sure would like to see it myself. =)

7. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey Kurgan.. I'm having difficulty getting into the blooper section... I found the extra info on a message board somewhere and I have a feeling it probably isn't the best.. How do you get to it? I know how to access the interview thingy in the deleted scenes menu, but so far that's the only one I've tried (aside from trying to get into the blooper one, but that doesn't seem to be working)..

anyway.. thanks in advance :)

8. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Hey Cynthia,
    Here are some steps I got off of Digital Bits:

To access the Naboo menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "Audio".

To access the Tatooine menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "2".

To access the Coruscant menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "10+", "2", "2".

To access the outtakes reel, go to the Options menu page and press "10+", "1" and wait for the pause as the player accepts the input. Then press "3" and wait for the pause. Finally, press "8".

Disc Two

To access a behind-the-scenes video clip on the making of the Podrace, go to the Deleted Scenes and Documentaries menu page. Select Deleted Scenes Only. On the Complete Podrace Grid Sequence page, highlight Doc Menu. Then select "Right" to highlight a small box and press "Enter".

To access a behind-the-scenes video clip on the Podrace's second lap, go to the Deleted Scenes and Documentaries menu page. Select Deleted Scenes Only. On the Extended Podrace Lap Two page, highlight Doc Menu. Then select "Right" to highlight a small box and press "Enter".

Look also for additional outtakes during the credits of the Deleted Scenes Documentary. You don't have to do anything to access them other than watch the documentary.

Hope this helps.

9. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    What he said. =)

But in addition, to view the outtakes, you can simply choose title 3 on the first disc.

10. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    I finally got the timing right on the codes for the bloopers..

LOL!! Too cute :) One of them I'd actually seen before.. I'm so glad they put those on there. I had actually wanted to see bloopers on this DVD before we knew it would be coming out (kinda wish there were more.. you know.. I could easily watch SW bloopers for a long time :D

Thanks for the help, guys!

11. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    There are more outtakes, actually. Watch the credits on the deleted scenes documentary. =)

12. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Sandpeople taking pot-shots at Jawas...that's not right.

That's a wicked documentary on the making of the film.

:cool:

13. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    D'oh!! How'd I miss that? Thanks Kurgan :D It's always really late when I watch this stupid thing.. LMAO!!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.