The DVDs

Discussion in 'Lafayette, LA' started by EBSaints, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    So what do you guys think now that they're out?
  2. crestfallen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They are cool, except for the crappy changes. At least they didn't add JarJar.

And I want the originals, dangit.
  3. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Could have, would have, should haves . . .

* Extended versions with deleted scenes (especially the stuff from ANH - extended cantina scene with Han mackin' on the twins, Toshi Station, ect.)

* 2nd disk with original theatrical release; wouldn't have to even clean it up much.

* My favorite suggestions, Astromech & Wookie subtitles.

I guess, with enough time I could think of more, but this is my top three wishes.

Still, the DVDs play and look awsome! I like the cover designs & the disk art. The BONUS disk is very good.
  4. Maggnus_Darkblade Jedi Padawan

The DVD's were great. Heck I even enjoy the new changes that they added!

Swamp, your always wanting something! LOL
  5. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    I really enjoyed them. They did an excellent job in cleaning up the picture and sound.
  6. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    I didn't have as big a problem with these changes as I thought I would. I can even handle Hayden in ROTJ...I thought I would hate that change.
  7. crestfallen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No you can't. That was dumb.
  8. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    I liked the Change with Palps in ESB.
  9. Ubigod Jedi Knight

star 1
    No one will ever see the originals again, if Lucas has his way. It's time to form a new underground movement. One where the original copies would be seen with out any of the changes.

Dreams, only dreams

ubi
  10. Jedi_Skye Jedi Master

star 1
    My only beef was Hayden Christensen being at the end of ROTJ. I don't get that one!
  11. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    We spoke about that at the last meeting. A couple of us agree that it is appropriate from the point of view that when Anakin turns to the dark side and becomes Darth Vader (even before the dawning of his ebon claded guise we all love to hate) he is of the age that we see him in ROTJ. Therefore, when Luke lures him back to the good side, he reforms back to his residual self image (who and how he sees himself).

Voila! What we see at the end of the saga is how Anakin views himself. I can buy that, can't you?
  12. Jedi_Skye Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah, I suppose that does make sense. [face_thinking]
  13. crestfallen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  14. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    Supposedly, it'll all be explained in ROTS.
  15. Clone_Pilot Jedi Padawan

ubigod, you were talking about the original trilogy before the special edition? If so I do have what you're talking about. I have the older letterbox widescreen edition that came in the blue box set with the Making of VHS and the Lucas book.

I saw a few of you guys at Free Comic Day. I was one of the Security guys.
  16. Ubigod Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes I was talking about the original theater release versions before the SE. Are the versions you have the old Laser Disc versions? I think those are the orginail version, but I am not positive. Maybe one of the others would know for sure. Which format do you have it on? If these are the orginial version I think watching these should be the next meeting. I don't think many new fans have seen the pure orginail versions.

ubi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.