main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Dying of the Light (Qui-Gon, RR)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mistress_Renata, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Best of luck to you Ishie. I already went thru that surgery and unfortunately lost some other parts along with it. Take it slow and easy in recovery. Don't believe the Dr. when you are told you should be back to work in 4 weeks! And don't forget to make hubby wait on you hand and foot while you recover. You deserve it!!!

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Eep. He told me in the hospital 3 days, take it easy for 2 weeks, no travel at thanksgiving. My parents moved out to the state where I'm at college last year, so my mom's been coming down once a week to have a girl's afternoon out and she says she'll be around a lot during that time, since the hubby has to work a lot. And I like the service leader for our apartment complex, she's one of my friends, and is like, "I know how husbands are with the peanut-butter-and-jellyouthewazoo routine, so I'll make sure you're getting some good stuff as well." I look forward to writing a lot of fanfiction during that time.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Seven months in pain?? Oh Ish, that's horrid. Defnitely make sure you take it easy afterward.. even if you feel 100%.

Renata, I'll do my best.

4. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Sadly I went home sick since this morning... but happily I've come up with an idea for a post if I can still be next... since no one else has lined up???

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm not posting yet and I think Renata would love to see you post.

6. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Holy smokes Ish that was quick. I'm working on it now. LOL! You know strangely, since I feel awful, I've come up with an entire scenario for this from what's already been written. Not that I expect it to go that way.. just that's it's weird. LOL!

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Leona, I have found that my greatest work always comes when I'm in a lot of pain. It's weird, but I'll be flat on my back, miserable, and finally think of the exact form of dialogue that I've been trying to get for a week.

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I've been thinking about joining in but I have to focus on my other fics first.... I might have something this weekend - but it would be entirely seperate so that anything posted before then wouldn't interfere.... :D

9. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I knew you'd think of something, Leona! :D Can't wait to see it. Jump in whenever you feel like it, dianethx. Anyone else? I know there are more Qui-Gon fans out there...

10. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    I will at some point, but I haven't even read what we have so far yet! But I'm still up for it.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay, more people to make this interesting.

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Well now I feel really hesitant of posting and must warn this could be an 'iffy' post... and if so will claim it all due to being ill. :D :D As stated earlier, if this were the game Clue, I could tell you exactly 'who done it' from the previous two posts. I think I'm going to type my ideas up and after the story is completed see how far the story differed.

Only a bit, but here's a piece from me.

After spending the morning re-interviewing the half dozen neighbors that Tennant had already questioned, Qui-Gon and Siara had set out to locate any friends of her late sister?s.

It had become quickly apparent that the once joyous occasion of the girl?s birth had become a trail of tears and recriminations for her parents before their deaths. Perhaps pampered and spoiled in Siara?s place, Marai had grown to be a conceited and insolent child. The more her parents indulged her, the more dissatisfied she became and took to a life on the streets.

?Everybody liked Marai, she always had money to buy things,? one of the young woman?s supposed friend had informed them.

?Things like what?? Siara asked, convinced in the generous nature of her younger sister.

?Well ya know,? the young man shuffled his feet, glancing around nervously, ?food, drink ?n stuff.?

There was evidently more the boy wasn?t saying, so Qui-Gon, having yet said a word, took the initiative. Adopting his most intimidating pose, he stepped closer, now literally towering over the filthy street urchin and after tilting his head in a ?please continue? gesture, the teen found he had much more to say.

?Corellian Rum was her favorite, but any ale would do the job, she use to say and ah? sometimes some um.. spice when she could find it.?

Siara had grown silent as the interviews went on and more disparaging revelations of her sister?s activities were brought to light. It pained Qui-Gon to be witness to his friend?s disillusionment of what she believed her family?s life to have been. Even more when all the information they had uncovered aided them little in the young woman?s murder. Her friends and associates were little more then dregs of the streets and they came to believe, had nothing to do with her death.
    Upon returning to the quarters provided them, Qui-Gon had insisted that Siara rest for a few hours and the fact she didn?t challenge his suggestion was all the more proof that this case was draining her already waning spirit.

?So what is it that has caught your attention so fully?? Siara inquired sleepily, raking a long fingered hand through her burnished mane as she exited the lone sleep room.

?RepSec?s provided the intelligence on the other case files. I?ve been going through them trying to discern any other instances of regional religious or cultural rituals with any of the other murders.?

?And have you found any?? Her interest peaked, she quickly strode over to the table he had the holo-terminal set up on. On hand on his shoulder, she bent over to view the screens.

?I?m not sure why I had expected to, but no. Only your sis? only the one here,? he adjusted the wording, when he felt her shoulders stiffen beside him, ? bears any mark of native practices. The crime scenes seem pretty identical. The candles, the arrangement of the bodies all the same except for the facial mutilations on? this one, which leads me to think it?s more a carbon case.?

?But we?ve discovered they were done post mortem and not by the killer.? She gazed at him tight-lipped.

?That?s not reassuring,? his return gaze was dubious, ?Not only is there a possible Sith-obsessed butcher running loose, we?ve also got a sadistic miscreant fixating on corpses.?

Nodding in agreement, she turn to him. ?You?ve forgotten the ruins?? an elegantly arched eyebrow rose at him disapprovingly, ?they could be part of some ancient ceremony.?

His head slowly rotated toward her, the confident smirk that graced his leonine features instructed her he forgot no such thing. ?They were meant for us to find.

13. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Cool, the mystery deepens. I was always terrible at Clue. I'd guess Miss Scarlett in the library and it would be some butler in the pantry or was that Miss Lemon in the dining room?

Love the ritualistic nature of the murder and the possibility of copycat crimes. Great going so far.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Duh! It was Ishy in the parlor with the keyboard!

Was heartbroken for Saria at the disillusionment as well. That does suggest a motive for the mutilation, but could there be something that is masked by that that the criminal knew would have been "explained away" by her lifestyle? And I wonder what the runes are leading them to.

Despite your reticence, it was an excellent post.

15. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    OMG, Leona, the Force is truly with you; you are thinking along the lines I was when I originally posted this!!! The idea that the ritual had nothing to do with the murders... Hm... anyone else want to tackle this?

Dianethx will jump in this weekend, AthenaLeigh, you can jump in beforehand if you're ready. Any other mystery fans want to give it a shot?

16. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I'll take a shot. But not yet. I had an idea but it isn't far enough along yet.

I'll keep worrying away at it.

In the mean time lovely work all. Very interesting. In a confuzzling sort of way. But that is a good thing.

KD

edited because I can't type lying down and I forget.

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I can't participate unless I write something angstless, so I'll keep an eye on this anyway until December.

19. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I will participate but I got hit with a rabid plot bunny for something else this weekend. Now that I've killed it, I should have something in a day or two.

Come on, Ish. You can write angst-free. :p

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, but a murder investigation that goes "Oooh, and then we'll have a picnic!"?

21. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Great job you guys! Very intriguing with the runes...hmmm... I'll have to try and follow my Master sometime! [face_love]

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I thought you only had to be angst- free thru the end of OCt? Or is it the end of evil obi?

23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I thought this needed to be lightened up just a bit. Hope that's okay. Enter a new player.

"Truthslayer, you're in trouble." The whining voice cut across the tat-tat-tat of clicking keys.

Suddenly there was a thick and anticipatory silence as all eyes in the newsroom swiveled to stare at the suicidal fool. No one ever called Jossa Trutsler [i]"Truthslayer"[/i]. Well, not to her face in any case. She had ways of extracting revenge, usually days or even weeks later and she was very creative. Most of the reporters had felt her wrath at one time or another and no one ever wanted to repeat the experience.

Obviously, the idiot in question was asking for it. He didn't even have the brains to make a quick escape. Instead, he turned around and looked at the rest of the now-quiet nightshift on the Daily Coruscant News. "What? What did I say?"

A wicked smile wreathing her face, Jossa sauntered slowly over to the clueless Nester Nieb. The bodies in the office seemed to turn as one, all hoping to get a glimpse of the action as it unfolded.

"What did you call me?" The low voice was playful, in the same way a sandpanther is playful before they eat their prey.

"Hey, Jossa. There you are. Boss wants to see you." Nester was beginning to realize that he was in deep poodoo. He stepped back once and then again as she neared. When she said nothing but continued to stare at him as she closed the gap, he swallowed hard. "Jossa, Boss says now." Another swallow. "Please?"

"Nieb, have I ever told you how much I appreciate your hard work?" Her soft question carried across the room.

"Errrr, no but thank you." His voice went up an octave as he realized his mistake. Babbling, he said, "Don't kill me."

"Nester, please. I've never actually harmed anyone before but I could make an?. exception." Her smile widened, showing teeth. "I saw your new speeder yesterday. A real beauty. Hope it handles as well as it looks."

"Jossa, I? I promise I won't call you Truthslayer again. It just slipped out. Really." His beady eyes grew moist with trepidation. "Not the speeder, please."

A quick laugh. "All right, Nieb, not? the speeder."

Nester nodded toward the closed door at the back of the newsroom. "Boss wants you. Something big. He said to come right away." As she turned away, he murmured, "Please not the speeder."

She just snorted at that.

Knocking softly on the door, she waltzed in and stood there waiting for recognition. Her boss, Kenth Sle'fet, was hunched over a piece of flimsiplast, growling softly and tut-tutting as his grey muzzle wafted back and forth over the sheet. It was almost as if he were sniffing out the news.

Jossa could tell that something was up. He rarely did that sort of thing unless it was big. Since the Bothan's contacts rivaled the Jedi's information net, it could only be a very juice story. And she was going to get it. Wonderful!

She cleared her throat several times. Finally, when he still ignored her, she interrupted his little sniffing foray. She didn't have all night especially with a hot story waiting to break. "Boss, you wanted to see me?"

At that, he looked up, his black eyes staring at her in annoyance. "Ah yes, Jossa. Come in, come in. Close the door."

She didn't remind him that she was already [i]in[/i] and had been for a while. That would not be wise. Closing the door like the good little reporter that she was, she pointed to the flimsiplast. "Got something for me, Boss?"

He waved his paw in her direction. Sitting down, she resigned herself to wait for his lead. He was her supervisor, after all, at least for now.

"Trutsler, you have got to stop scaring the staff. It's bad for business. It's bad for the reputation of this news station. It's bad, period. Do you take my meaning?"

"But, Boss, they?" Jossa sighed. She knew her last little spot of revenge with the bounty hunter and that pool of half-cooked gelatin had not gone over well. The cretin deserved it but apparently, revenge is not always sweet. "Yes, sir. I understand. It won't happen again."

"You are qui

24. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Lovely Diane! Wow. Loved it.

Bags I the next post? It'll take me a day or so, so if someone else is ready to jump in go ahead, and I'll take the next one.

KD

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    No, Not Jinn! :D

I wanna hear that back story

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.