main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Dying of the Light (Qui-Gon, RR)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mistress_Renata, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Me too. If we nag enough do you think we can make her write it? Or at least tell it?

KD

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Maybe... :D

I really don't have a clue why she said that. Probably will find out sometime during their interactions in this story.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL! Anyone but Jinn. I like this OC! Well done!

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Just what every murder investigation needs: a interfering reporter! Good one, dianethx! Why do I get the feeling that in their last encounger, he was the victor? LOL...

KD, go for it! I love how this is shaping up.

5. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Why do I get the feeling that in their last encounger, he was the victor?

I'm pretty sure he was the victor and Jossa wasn't happy about it...LOL.

Yes, KD, go for it.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    go, KD, go like the wind!

7. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Ei yai yai. I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing. Late today I hope to have something...

KD

Edit: not gonna make it tonight. But I am working something that I think will go well in next. I hope to have it done by tomorrow night. But if someone else feels the need to jump in they should go ahead.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay, more coming. I have surgery tomorrow, so would love to see something tonight. ::Hinthint, but understands if not.::

9. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Your wish is my command, Ish. I scrambled this together between last night's work and lunchtime just now so I hope it isn't any more confusing than it is supposed to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jossa tossed her bag over her other shoulder and walked up the stairs to the RepSec offices in the capitol city rubbing the now unloaded shoulder. Her every step since arriving had been communicating to the planet her displeasure with this assignment. It wasn't that she stomped. Just something about her tread that reverberated from the paving, into the soil, and on to the heart of the planet, echoing the hate and fear in her heart. The desire for revenge she kept to herself. It was idiocy to even hope to revenge yourself on a Jedi and even worse to let them have an inkling of your feelings in that regard.

So Jossa stamped those feelings down deep into her being, so that only resentment of her assignment radiated from her, she hoped.

At the charge desk things finally started to go her way.

"Knight Jinn? He's gone back to his quarters. But Varr Tennant is in if you want to talk to him?"

"Investigator Tennant is working with Knight Jinn?"

"Yeah at the moment. We got this icky case that they think is part of a series... Uh, I probably shouldn't have said that."

"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone," she reassured the young officer. Yet.
    ~~~~

"Come!" Tennant?s voice showed this case must be a frustrating one. That was good. It meant he?d be less likely to get in her way. She opened the door and stuck her head around the corner and smiled apologetically before moving into the room fully.

"I am sorry to disturb you,? she said, just sweetly enough. Jossa could charm a rancor when she wanted to. ?Investigator Tennant, I presume?? He nodded so she shut the door behind herself and continued with the plan she had formed on the transport here. ?I?m supposed to liaise with Knight Jinn over these Jedi Runes, only as usual, he?s not where I was told to find him.? She let out a little laugh that could be taken as accepting the blame for being told a wrong meeting place or as acknowledgement that Jedi were never where they were supposed to be, depending on Tennant?s feelings on the issue of Jedi. ?Can you tell me a little about the case or should I try to chase him down a bit longer?? She picked up one of her delicately shod feet as she said the last and rubbed at her arch through the cutaway in the side.

?You are?? Tennant asked.

Jossa laughed again, this one taking all the blame for a social solecism and introduced herself, in a way. ?I?m sorry, didn?t my office on Coruscant call to let you know I was coming? I?m Jossa Trutsler. I?ll have to get after them. You?d think that in the Senate Sector it would be easy enough to find competent help.?

?You?re not a Jedi.? Tennant said waving her into a seat in front of his desk.

?No.? She agreed, ?I have made a, well, study of them, I guess you could call it. I was sent to find out about some runes at the site of this latest murder. Maybe help sort it out. Poor girl.?

?Knight Jinn told you about it?? Tennant seemed surprised. Jinn must be being closemouthed as usual. That could be useful.

Jossa closed her eyes a moment. ?The image of the girl was particularly distressing as I was not prepared for it.? When she opened her eyes again Tennant was looking sympathetic.

?I don?t suppose it was. I?m surprised he would have shown you such a thing.?

?Knight Jinn has his own ways of doing things.? Jossa said as neutrally as she could manage.

?Hmmm. Well, I think he was going back to the quarters he?s been assigned here. I can-? Tennant was interrupted by his desktop comm unit.

?Inspector? You asked to be commed when the autopsy report came in on Marai Fau??

Jossa kept her face impassive, despite being surprised that the body had been identified so soon.

Tennant glanced at her and then replied, ?Yes, I?ll be right down.? He clicked off the comm and looked back up at Jossa. She was rubbing at her arch again. When she saw he was looking

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I like jossa a lot now that we're getting into things... Can't wait for the autopsy, but thanks for posting before tomorrow.

11. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Great job with snoopy Jossa. She's doing her job well. I wonder what's going on with Qui-Gon....

12. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Oh, well done, KD! I bet Tennant blows his top when he finds out how he's been taken in!

Anyone else?

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Best to you Ishie!

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks, PK.

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ackk, trickle! Getting behind here.

Diane, I like Jossa Trutsler... quite formidable and love her reaction to both the Jedi and Jinn... wonder what the story will be. LOL!

K-D- ahh perfect harmony with your post on Jossa. Lying to the police is she??? Oohhh.. what is she up too??

Excellent posts ladies!

16. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Hey! ;) Jossa didn't actually lie, did she? It's not her fault if people jump to the wrong conclusions just because she left a map and compass pointing toward those conclusions laying about.

KD

17. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh no, of course, not an outright lie... more an inwrong one. ;)

18. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, [face_mollified];) alright then.

I'm actually quite looking forward to the showdown between Jossa and Tennant now. Not to mention what happens when she finally runs into Jinn.

But I also want to know what happened to that poor girl (and the others for that matter... were they all girls?) and who is up to what, where.

What kind of psycho wants the Jedi involved anyway? Even if you want to get caught, it sure seems like it would shorten the "game". I guess if s/he felt the normal RepSec investigating team wasn't enough of a challenge...

Come on. Somebody write some more....

KD

19. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm thinking! Was pondering this in the train the other day... actually, we didn't say they were ALL girls, did we?

20. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Unless someone else is working on it, I'll do the confrontation between Tennant and Jossa and Qui :D this weekend.
    I think we need more clues but I'm clueless... Maybe the murderer should show up or send more taunts to the Jedi...

21. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    True. We can backtrack & follow up on the other bodies. Killer might do something else. Plot/motive/opportunity... motive, motive, motive...

22. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    I was feeling inactive and murderous tonight so I did a little bit more. If there is the slightest issue with it, feel free to ask me or Renata to remove it.

Footsteps sounded outside the door just as Jossa was giving up on finding anything else. She was settling into her seat when the door started to open. Both she and the door froze when a voice called down the hall.

"Varr! There's been second one!" The distinctive sibilants of a Yulinkwi slithered into the room.

Jossa rose and stepped silently over nearer the door so she could hear better.

"What!" Tennant sounded near the end of his rope. "The same?"

"Mostly."

"What does 'mostly' mean?" Tennant was exasperated now.

The Yulinkwi's voice projected an image of shoulders hunched in preparation for expected abuse. "Everything is like the last one, except for two things." A swallow, loud enough for Jossa to hear, punctuated the sentance.

Tennant sighed, "Which were?"

"Most of the runes are different. And the body..."

Tennant's voice was much more cautious now, "The body... what?"

The Yulinkwi swallowed hard again. "It um, isn't going to be identifiable, even as to gender, until the DNA checks are completed."

Tennant swore colorfully for a moment, and then must have stepped away from the door as well as calming down, because he got harder to hear. "Where?"

"An apartment in the Western Crescent. Near the river. That old building..."

"I know it. I'm on my way. Get ahold of the Jedi and get him over there."

The Yulinkwi's rapid note-taking echoed in the hallway as the conversation moved further away from the door.

"Oh, and get rid of that woman in my office. And get the team over there. Get them going first, the woman can wait a bit longer."

"Right."

Jossa waited for the rush of feet to dissipate in different directions. The moment the section of hallway sounded empty she slipped through the door and took off. She didn't want to get to the scene too much after Tennant...

~~~

Two down, one to go. The dark shape moved further into the darkness opposite the RepSec offices when the civilian woman who had gone into the offices earlier and asked for the Jedi finally left. The shadows on that side of the street rippled in a wave that followed the woman as she headed toward the Western Crescent, following the sound of a siren speeding away.

23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    "It um, isn't going to be identifiable, even as to gender, until the DNA checks are completed." now that is gross and creepy.

Lovely post K_D!

24. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Great post, KD. Really creepy! [face_gross]

I guess I won't be writing the Tennant/Jossa/Jinn confrontation soon. I need to rethink it. Good, cause I needed to work on other fics first anyway. :D

25. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.