main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Dying of the Light (Qui-Gon, RR)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mistress_Renata, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    now that is gross and creepy Good! :D It was supposed to be.

I guess I won't be writing the Tennant/Jossa/Jinn confrontation soon. I can delete that bit if it messed you up. Just say the word.

KD

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    KD - don't you dare. I'll work around it. That's what a round-robin does! Tells a story while getting the writers to think creatively!

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Especially that "two down, one to go" line!!! Lots of possibilities there!

You haven't written anyone into a corner, KD, don't worry! I guess dianethx is up next? I'll take on one after that; it's probably my turn...

Ish, hope you're doing well!

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Eep! A second one!

5. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Renata, you're up next, I believe.

It has settled down at the Western Crescent complex by the time Jossa arrived. A few RepSec investigators, mainly forensics people gathering evidence, were still busy near the scene of the crime. Tennent was inside the apartment, comparing notes with some flunky, and every once in a while, waving his hand about in a frenzied attempt at order. One officer was directing the curious away. But a small cluster of bystanders stood off to one side of the hallway, whispering to each other, some of them clearly excited to be near a murder site. Others just looked ill.

As Jossa approached, she could barely see inside the apartment through the open doorway. There was the slight glimmer of evidence, the remains of candles, the wall covered in runes, scattered puddles of a brown, oily liquid and shredded meat. She could smell the faintest whiffs of burnt wax and feces and the coppery tang of fresh blood.

She felt sick and she hadn't even seen the body or rather the pieces yet. Telling herself to take it like a reporter and not some sniveling foolish child, she straightened her shoulders and walked confidently toward Tennant.

She was just about to call out to him when she looked again at the runes. And she knew she was going to be sick. No doubt about it.

The writing was spread across the wall, in large brown-smeared symbols, and wetly glistening under the bright lights of the investigation team. Gleaming, hand-sized strokes on the plaster. Blast, she was going to vomit at the obscenity of it.

She didn't want to look again. She didn't want to see how the murderer had dipped a hand into the congealing pools of gore and painted a warning in ancient runes across the wall. Kriffin' hell, the runes were written in the victim's blood.

She turned away, moving down the hallway, trying to find a place to hide so that she could throw up in peace. Maybe then she could get rid of the images. And try and figure out how she was going to keep her job when she told her boss to kriff off. She was not going to deal with this, not her. Not for all the credits in the Coruscant First Senate Bank

Stumbling, unable to see where she was going with those images still stuck in her brain, she came up against something large and relatively soft.

She muttered, "Excuse me" and tried to move away but one large hand grabbed her arm. Frowning at the gall of some people, she yanked back, trying to get away. But she was held fast.

Frantic now, she gave the brown robes one panicked kick and was rewarded with a stiff "Oww" but the fool did not let go. Her other hand came up, aiming a blow for the idiot's midsection. But the miscreant just grabbed her hand and began to chuckle.

That was not the usual response to getting kicked and almost punched. She stopped fighting and looked up. And up. And up. There at the top of a ratty Jedi cloak and fashion-ugly green tunics was her old nemesis, the Force wacko, Qui-Gon Jinn.

Her day could not get any worse. Well, maybe it could. Because the urge to vomit was coming back. Maybe if she timed it right, she could get him right where it hurts ? on his boots.

But he must have read her mind. He stepped back quickly out of the way and stared at her.

Abruptly, the need to expunge her dinner passed. [i]Damn,[/i] she thought,[i] how did he do that? He never even waved his hands at me. [/i]

"Hello, Miss Trutsler." All diplomatic now as he bowed slightly to her. "Are you alright?"

"I'll be better when I can get away from you, Jedi." She growled at him. He seemed startled but recovered quickly. [i]Damn, he's not going to deny that he did something, is he? [/i]

Bowing again, he said calmly, "I apologize for startling you. I will leave you to recover without my presence. May the Force be with you."

As he turned to go, she realized that now was a perfect opportunity to get some real information on the story. Perhaps, she could get mileage out of this fiasco after all.

"Stop, Jinn. I'm?" she gritted her teeth and plastered a false smile on her

6. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Oh goody, you posted!

Loved it! Loved the Maybe if she timed it right, she could get him right where it hurts ? on his boots. [face_laugh] Wish I had written that.

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for Jossa in these interactions she keeps having with Qui-Gon. And yet, I really can't see Qui-Gon getting her covered in blue dye. Though I can see him not stopping her from getting herself covered in it if she's bound and determined to. Still, I continue to suffer from an intense desire to know just exactly what happened there. Not to mention we now have some other tantalizing hints of other past encounters.

And you people said mine was gross. Ewww! Good job with the gore Diane. I think your little adventure with Evil Obi is still with your subconsious though. Time for some light and fluffy stories involving sweet wittle bunnies or something.

KD

7. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, Qui-Gon didn't actually cover her in blue dye. Let's just say that her thirst for revenge backfired...

As for writing something fluffy, I think I'll be writing a romance next. It's on my list of plot bunnies... And, yes, I think the dark Obi story kinda opened a few floodgates. :p

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Well, at least Jossa'a reaction to the murder scene leaves me to believe the woman has a heart and the fact Qui-Gon chuckled at her really makes me wonder of their histroy. Force wacko. LOL! Ahh, sounds like our Qui has been a bit of a prankster with her... that's gotta drive her crazy, not to be taken serious. Oops, and he's gone and blown her cover!

Excellent post!

9. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Aw, man, I have to follow THAT? Excellent, Diane, and of course I'd always envsioned the runes as written in blood. Yes, this has gotten interesting. I'll have to think about this.

I can see the blue dye as something that backfired. I suspect he really didn't have anything to do with it, except that he was around at the time, she was humiliated, and of course she blames him! Okay... Let me think on this...

10. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Leona Ahh, sounds like our Qui has been a bit of a prankster with her... that's gotta drive her crazy, not to be taken serious. Oops, and he's gone and blown her cover! LOL. Well, Jedi will blow people's covers - that's what they do best - that and covering snoopy reporters in blue dye. LOL.

Renata I hope I didn't make it harder for you. Actually, I used as few a number of clues as possible since I don't know the murderer or his/hers/its motivations. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

I didn't really expect the blue dye incident to be so intriguing to people... sorry about that! I admit it. I don't know what happened either! :p

11. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Actually, I have a question. This is only my second round-robin. Is it normal for only the ones writing the fic to post replies? Or do round-robins scare off any non-participating posters for fear of them being expected to participate?

Just wondering...

Edit - that should read almost all the replies. We've had a couple of posts from readers (Kitara has been wonderful - hi Kitara and one from LilQui_gon, AthenaLeigh and tangled_sphere)! Sorry about that! But I am surprised that more people haven't discovered this one. I just wondered if it was the nature of round-robins, is all!

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It's not normal. And i'm still replying despite my inability to post during mush month. But we do need to get some readers...

13. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Obi-Wan gets all the glory. Qui-Gon is for more mature palates. [face_love]

Hi, Ish! How are you doing? Recovering okay?

14. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Speaking of that, in today's paper was an article about Liam. He was called "the Thinking Woman's Sex Symbol" Pretty much says it all! :D

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Diane, I've written in more RR's then my own threads and I've wondered sometimes if people think it's impolite to post if you're not one of the participants because most I've read and written in have been replied to be writers only... or mostly.

People should be aware that the story isn't for the writer's only and that everyone would love to hear how they're doing. Sadly, I also agree that more people would read/reply if it was Obi-Wan.

And everyone, Diane has a link to that wonderful article in the Qui-Gon thread at the Resource Board!

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Renata, thanks for asking. I'm doing better, except I have two fingers that have been numb since friday night, when 4 hours after going home from the hospital, I was back with a massive allergic reaction to the anaesthetic and had to stay 3 days more. But I can finally walk again, even if it hurts a lot.

17. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    Wow, Ish, two fingers numb and you're still posting! That's dedication.

I'm a reader who's posting! I may try to join in later, but right now I have no time to write anything.

It seems like you guys are trying to out do each other with the goreyness. Sounds like we've got some sort of non-sexist Jack the Ripper running around.

I am bitting my nails I'm so nervous about who the last victim was and who the "one to go" will be. I hope it isn't Siara.

18. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    anekasolo Hurray. And welcome.

It seems like you guys are trying to out do each other with the goreyness. I wasn't trying....ummm but my friends have said that lately I've been writing a lot of gore and mayhem. Might have leaked onto this board. Whoops!

Oh, Ish, that sounds bad. Hope it gets better soon!

I believe that it's Renata's turn or is someone else writing the next post?

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Personally, i"m the boston strangler...

20. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, if my brain responds (and I warn you now, it probably won't be until AFTER Thanksgiving), it won't be gore. It will be the Jedi-sitting-around-discussing-clues/motive-stuff scene.

Oh, Ish! So sorry to hear about the anaesthesia! I've only ever had to go under general once in my life, and I'm now determined never to need surgery again. I was convinced I was dying, even though there were no complications, nothing. Nothing worse than the feeling as I was trying to come back to consciousness. Glad you're bouncing back, but don't push yourself.

Clues, clues... I should've been writing this all down as I went along.

21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I've had general anethesia several times with no ill effects. Seem to just pop right up out of it... I guess everyone is different.

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, I had lots of surgeries under general when I was a kid, never had any problems. But somehow this time was different. Maybe it was a combination of the drugs I'd been taking for my viral bronchitis, exhaustion, and the anaesthesia. It was funny, though, because everyone found out when they tried to visit me at home on friday night and john had to go "um, no she went back, sorry." So I had several late-coming friends on Saturday.

23. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Great job you guys.

I really like the characters of Siara and her sister. They were very intriguing as well as the ritual in their culture to erase someone's identity. I wonder why a Jedi's sister may have been targeted. [face_thinking]

Also really like the character of Jossa, very fiesty. :D Love the blue dye incident. No wonder she has it in for Qui. ;)

Very intense KD with someone trailing her. :eek: I would be tremendously creeped out after leaving the office.

I would love to add a section sometime if it's not too late? I've never done an RR but I would like to give it a try :p

24. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Sure, go ahead tangled_sphere. Be glad to see more people participating....

I think Renata is up next, though.

25. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Thanks, Diane. I'll be keeping my eye open. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.