main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dynamic Trio:The Tierce, Flim and Disra Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by slobadog, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I officialy announce the creation and grand opening of the "The Tierce, Flim and Disra Fan Club" This is a place to discuss, debate and speculate everything and anything having to do with the greatest conspiraters of all space time!

so come on in!

2. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Yeah...OK.

So who are these characters again? ?[face_plain]

3. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    They were the three characters who were behind the "return of Thrawn" in the Hand of Thrawn duology.

4. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    Tierce scared the crap out of me. He had the tactical brillance of Thrawn with none of the... style?

And Disra was way in over his head.

And Flim... was a decent actor, but nothing more than that, poor thing.

Just my 2 cents on the boys...

5. Piett_clone

Piett_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2000
    i loved Flim. there aren't enough actors in Star Wars. Probably why I'm so partial to Jaleb Brandl.

6. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    I loved Flim...There must be much more to him and Zahn hinted at it to. Do we know any more about flim apart from the Trawnn duology?

7. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Can I start a Warg fan club?

8. Earmaiwen

Earmaiwen Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    Hmm. Never thought much of Tierce and Disra, but Flim was kewl. He fooled everyone into thinking that Thrawn was alive, no small feat for a con artist.

9. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Uggh...Zahn needs to find a new character to write about. He killed Thrawn off to prevent other authors from using him, IMO, and now he needed an excuse to bring him back. And he only led the reader to believe Thrawn was back for, like, a paragraph. Much weaker than his first trilogy, IMO, but still good.

10. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    [can I start a Warg fan club?]

if you can find a way to connect it too the EU then you can

11. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    i don't think disra, flim and tierce were very interesting except when they were together. the banter and clash between the three diifferent personalites and abilities was very interesting and hilarious

12. VuaRapuungRules

VuaRapuungRules Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    They were fun. Tierce truly rocked. It's been years since I read VOTF and SFTP, but what was he, former Royal ImpGuard or 'merely' Stormtrooper commando? Was great anyway, Mara Jade finishing him was a bucket of bull, but then again, don't think Zahn is that big on hand to hand combat.

13. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Jade didn't finish him did she? I thought it was that Mistryl girl, and i'll be damned if I can remember her name.....Shada!!!!

14. VuaRapuungRules

VuaRapuungRules Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    I'll be very, very darned indeed. I had to look it up, and it was indeed Shada, and Tierce was a Royal Guardsman. It's been many years since I read VotF, and it was one of the first SW books I ever read. Royal Guardsman didn't say me anything back then, but now it does. There is no way in whatever hells there may be that Shada could take on a Guardsman, EVER!!!! This, I do not like. After reading Crimson Empire, I am very much convinced that it takes Jedi, or endless rows of stormtroopers to kill one, much less Grodin Tierce, "one of the finest combat stormtroopers ever to serve the Empire" (end quote).

I'll have to make do with the idea that Tierce was a clone, and he charged "screaming incoherently". So he was hysterical, and that makes him another mentally unstable clone, like C'Baoth all over again. Right?

15. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
  16. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
  17. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    I always got the feeling that the trio was always going to fail, a pity a resurgent Empire would have been nice :(

18. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I love the scheme these three concoct. A wonderful swansong to the Empire, epitomising what the Imperial Remnant was at the time: No longer an enemy of strength, but one of opportunity, guile and deception.

By targeting the ills of the New Republic and with a wonderful morale boost in the re-emergance of Thrawn, they almost came close enough to destroying the New Republic.

An Actor, a greedy Moff, and a Hybrid Clone trained as a Royal Gaurdsman pooled their minds: and tipped the New Republic into a Civil War.

Epic, and wonderful.

19. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    couldn't have said it better myself protege of thrawn

20. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
  21. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Looks at clock

Wow...something just went bump in the night. ;)

Seriously though, to give a topic of discussion to get this thread going...

What do you think happened to Flim after the duology's end, and do you think he will ever feature again in some form in the EU?

22. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    i think flim went to jail

23. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    I had rather hoped that Flim's story would be told in another book that included the Mistryl's story as well. A book about the Outer Rim perhaps?

24. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    the mistryl doesn't have much to do with flim though.

25. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.