main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dynamic Trio:The Tierce, Flim and Disra Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by slobadog, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    the mistryl doesn't have much to do with flim though

No but Flim implied he knew the story, and a book about the Rim in general would be good.

I'Jedi but with Flim [face_laugh]

I'Actor [face_laugh]

That would be good ;)

2. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    slobadog: Please stop upping this thread. You've upped it 4 times now so if you don't have anything to actually add to the discussion, please don't post at all.

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Blimey.

Personally, I think Flim represented an interested side of the GFFA that was totally unrelated to the omnipresent theme of "war" that is so closely tied to the franchise. He was an actor, whose morality was for sale: but not to the extent to where he forsaked all humanity.
    He thirsted for power above his station, yet was more then willing to coyly side-step responsibility or guilt if it meant surviving with dignity and grace.

An "I,Actor" type book (hopefully named a bit better ;) ) would be great, and I would personally welcome such an offshoot to my collection.

4. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Protege-of-Thrawn how about the title be "I thrawn:sorta

5. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    whats wrong with I, Actor? [face_plain] :p [face_laugh]

6. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    nothing "I actor" is great

7. TaRionne

TaRionne Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2002
    Not to pull the limelight away from Flim (now, there's a conspirator you wouldn't expect! :D) but whatever happened to Tierce? Imprisonment? And if so, by whom (NR or Empire)? Or was he executed? (I'm thinking of making him a minor villain in one of my fanfics. Hmmm, maybe I could add Flim in as well [face_scheming]).

8. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    I thought tierce died

9. Earmaiwen

Earmaiwen Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    Why pull the limelight away from Flim? He was a really interesting character precisely because he wasn't a heroic type or evil villain type. He was just a con-artist who found the perfect job.

10. Dead_Bothan_Spy

Dead_Bothan_Spy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    The last reference to Tierce was Shada stepping "over Tierce's broken body." Pellaeon called for a medical unit, but I believe that was for Karoly and Paloma.

Moff Disra would certainly be tried and executed, and the only way Flim would avoid that same fate is by convincing the court that he was held against his will, and feared for his life the whole time. He claimed as much to Pellaeon when he was taken away, but the Admiral didn't seem entirely believing of it.

If I had to guess, I would say Flim is just as dead as Thrawn. But a story on his backstory might not be a bad read if Zahn tackled it.

11. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    I don't know if moff disra and flim would be executed

12. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    dead bothon spy would you like to join the borsk fey'lya fan club

13. moff_Sammael

moff_Sammael Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    The DTF Triumvirate was absolutely cool, and Tierce was the coolest. I'd love if Zahn could write a short story focusing on Tierce alone... or maybe one on Disra, that would do.

As for Disra's and Flim's fate, they've surely been trialed and sent to some penal colony. Disra may have been executed, but I suspect that Pellaeon would rather prefer to keep him alive, if only for tons of useful intel Disra might possess.

14. slobadog

Aug 28, 2002
    I think the entire trio won't be executed since their entire scandal could be considered part of wartime even though its illegal. Thus since anyone they killled wasn't imperial. the deaths were ok since they were part of a war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.