main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Edge (during ROTJ) H/L

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by starwarsfan68, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    I've been writing Fic for years, but never dared to post it anywhere before. I hope its ok.

THE EDGE.

"Hold Me." was all Leia could say to Han at that moment. Luke had just told her in one brief instant that they were brother and sister, and even worse her sworn enemy was their father. That was the hardest thing in the entire universe to hear. It was even harder than watching her Dear Alderaan destroyed or loosing Han to the bounty hunter. Now here was the man she loved, whom she was sure loved her, even though he had yet to utter the words, holding her without question. She knew Han was upset. She could feel it in his embrace. How could she tell him, make him understand when she didn't even understand it herself. How could she and Luke be twins? How could Vader be their father? None of this made sence. She didn't have time to try and ask Luke any of those questions, but she really needed to know the answers. Now he was going to face Vader and he might not return, her questions would remain unanswered. This was not fair. Leia knew she always loved Luke, knew it from the minute he came into her cell on the Death Star and told her we was there to rescue her. She also knew the love she felt developed in a different way then for the man whose arms surrounded her right now, comforting her as she tried to work out something he had no idea what it was.

Han was furious. First at himself ' how can I allow myself to hold her? She just said good-bye to her other lover and here I am picking up the pieces to her puzzle. I have no idea where they go or how I fit in. If she loves him then why come after me? Why can't I just tell her how I feel about her, just say those simple words? It's not like I don't feel it. I do, she makes me whole. I never realized that I was missing something until she was taken away from me; well I was the one taken. Hearing her voice when I was released from my tomb was like angels singing. I should have told her right then and there. Maybe she would not be torn between the kid and me. How can I make her choose me? What if she doesn't choose me? How will I survive? I will leave I know that much. I will not be able to stay here knowing she choose Luke. I need to know, but I can't bring myself to ask her, not again. I'll have to wait until she is ready to tell me.'

Leia was scared. 'How can I tell Han this? What if he decides he wants to ask me to be his life-mate? And now because I am HIS daughter, I might not be someone who could share a life with. How can I think of having a child? What if he or she turns into another Vader? What if Luke...or I...succumb to the dark side? Where will that leave Han or the Alliance? How can I deal with this it is too much too handle?'

Han finally breaks their silent thoughts. "Leia...we have a big day tomorrow. We must leave before sunrise. We should go back to the chief's hut and get some sleep."
    "Okay, General." She says trying to lighten both of their moods. They walk back to the hut in silence. Upon entering Leia picks a pile of animal skins to sleep on and somehow Han knew that she still needed to be held. He lay down beside her and gathered her into his arms and that is how they fell asleep.

Next time...Leia's questions are answered.

2. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Good job so far. You captured Leia's emotions very, very well. Can't wait to read more.

3. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Thank you KrystalBlaze I am looking into a two or three part tale from this. I have atleast two parts written.

4. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Hey there, SWF68! :D

Dare I say 'welcome to the club'? ;) That sweet yet special brand of insanity that is the H&L fanficking club!

Great to see you here! And looking forward to reading the rest of your story! :)

5. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Good Fic! you can write very nicely Leias feelings!

Cant wait for more

DM

6. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Leela Thanks for the words of welcome.

DarthMasan Thank you too.

The rest is coming...it's short but important. I hope you like it.

7. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Story-I'm glad you decided to post it

8. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Here is the rest. I hope it's to your liking. Part 2 is rather short.

However Leia's sleep was restless. Restless until her questions could be answered...
    From his hiding place in the woods near the Imperial platform, Luke could sense his sister's unrest. He knew if she didn't rest well she would be no good to Han and the rest of the troops at dawn. More importantly if he could sense her feelings through the force, then it was very possible that Vader could sense them too. He couldn't let that happen. Ben choose to separate them to spare them. He must continue this separation. Luke knew he must calm Leia's fears so that she would stop sending such strong force sensations.
    Calling out to her through the force, as he did at Bespin, Luke reached her conflicted mind. * * *
    "Leia, Leia, it's all right. I know you have heard so much from me that has upset you. Please realize that I told you all this so that if I die tomorrow you will know that I am your brother and that I love you. We are twins, seperated at birth to keep Vader from knowing we existed. His name was Anakin Skywalker. It was foreseen if Anakin were to have any children that they could destroy him. That is my destiny. That is why I choose to face him. I have to see what my destiny holds. I will either win his allegiance back or die trying. I have to Leia, what is inside Vader was once our father. I have felt the good. I need to see if any of Anakin can still be reached. We need to know." And with that Luke could sense her questions were answered enough for now. She fell into a deeper and more restful sleep.

Somehow, Han also felt she was more at ease and he released her from his embrace, but he did not leave her side.

9. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    UUUU! FIRST POSTER!!

nice new post! cant wait for more!!

DM

10. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    That was a good post! Waiting for more! :)

11. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Nice take on this particular 'missing moment,' starwarsfan68. When can we expect the next post?

J_Girl

12. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Will be posting soon, just giving it the final touches. I will tell you that it is called Return from the Edge. It starts from when Leia tells Han Luke is her brother. Thats it for spoilers now.

13. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Here is a little from Return from the Edge. I guess this really should be in beyond the saga, but well I started the first part here so I am keeping it here.

RETURN FROM THE EDGE

"Oh it's not like that at all. He's my brother." Han looked at her then turned away in confusion. She turned his face back gently to face hers and she kissed him. A wave of understanding came over him, there was never any need to worry about her loving Luke; of course she loved him, like a brother. Before he could think anymore he was kissing her, pulling her closer to him. Letting her past another of the walls he had put up over the years. Everything was going to be all right between them. There could be a them, there would be a them if they would just allow it. Now he just needed to make sure that was what she wanted. "Han I know it's hard to grasp all of this, it was hard for me too." She seemed to be sensing his growing list of questions.
    "That was what last night was about, wasn't it?" He asked begining to understand her off behavior the prior evening.
    "Yes, I felt like I had just met him for the first time, even though we have known each other for four years. He told me then he left. He left me with countless questions and no one to answer them. He was going to face Vader and the Emperor and he might not return. My questions would go unanswered. I had to think. I was scared, happy, and felt like I was falling off the edge when you found me. I wasn't sure what to think or do. Your coming by then and holding me, without question was probally what kept me from doing something stupid, like going after him."
    "But your questions...how did they get answered, you were with me all night?"
    "Do you remember Luke telling us that Ben spoke to him through the force?"
    "Yes, He did that with you?"
    "Yes. This was the second time. He called to me from Bespin as well."
    "Could you answer him back?"
    "I have no idea how. He just seemed to know what was bothering me most. Do you have any questions?"
    "Sure, yeah, alot. How? Why? When?" He couldn't think of how to ask her all he needed to know, so she just started with what she knew.
    "We are twins, because of our possible gifts in the force and the fact that they were killing off the Jedi. We were seperated at birth. I am not sure how I ended up with Bail or how Luke ended with his Aunt and Uncle, if they really were even his relatives. But they kept our talents hidden."
    "How did Vader find out about the kid?"
    "I don't know."
    "So you have it too...the force?"
    "Yes."
    "How?"
    "Our father was Anakin Skywalker a Jedi Knight, he was caught up in the purges." She decided to save the rest until she was ready to share the rest.

More later. Not sure when though. Full time job and mother of three makes it hard to find time.

14. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Thanks for this "missing moment" - look forward to reading Han's reaction to the BIG news... Well done! Well done!

:D

15. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Is more! Is good! :) :) :)

16. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Thanks for the confidence rxchiquita and Leela. I am working on the next part and will put it up soon. :)

17. DarthNeil

DarthNeil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2003
    You are a good writer, i have enjoyed every single bit of this thread, well done.

18. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Thank you to all who have reviewed both parts so far. I am going to post I hope this weekend. Motherhood prevails fanfic though, sorry.

19. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    I can not wait for the next bit.

20. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    Are you doing any more on this thread.

21. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Should post some time Monday. Had a busy Mom weekend.

22. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Found a few minutes after all. Here is more.

"I see, so who was your mother?" Han asks.
    "I have always known I was adopted. My mother was with me on Alderaan. I was very young when I lost her. All I can remember are clouded memories. She was beautiful, but sad. I remember hearing once that she died of a broken heart. Of course it is just an expression, but as a child I believed it. She loved my real father very much. Now I can see she lost more than him, she had given Luke up. That could kill anyone. I can see that now. I don't think I could ever give a child up like that, she was much stronger than I could ever be."
    "Being a parent can change many thing Leia. I have heard many people say that they wouldn't do this or that, then they have a kid and that changes everything. Your mother did what she felt was best for her children. She insured your safety. And for that I am greatful. I have a best friend and a girlfriend because of what she choose to do just over twenty years ago. If she hadn't done that who knows, you could have died or worse been one of the Emperor's minions."
    The mention of the Emperor's name sent shivers down Leia's back. Having Vader torture her was one thing, but to have that fiend near her was a thought she could not bare. Han realized that she must be tired from a lack of a decent nights sleep, the night before, the long day, and being shot, decides that she needed to return to the village before everyone else gets there to celebrate. "Hey Princess, lets head back to the village. I don't know about you, but I could use a nice long nap." He says knowing that if he said she needed a nap she would get mad. They stand and Han locates someone he can pass command over to and heads with Leia back to the village. "I guess I could sleep too." Leia admits. "I know it must have been hard for you to sleep next to me last night thinking that I had different feelings for Luke. I should have told you then."
    "I will never blame you for that, Leia. You had to work that out for yourself first, besides I could have just asked you. Then I might not have been furious at myself."
    "And at me." She reads his mind.
    "No, never at you. I never told you how I felt till just a short while ago, how could you have known?"
    "I knew." She says with a coy smile. "I also knew telling me at the bunker was harder on you thinking you had to win my affections from Luke."

More later.

23. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    I realy enjoyed that bit it was good, i can not wait for the next bit.

24. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Great Job! :)

25. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Thanks Neil and LL I hope to put up at least a little more, if not the rest this week. Schools out now at I have to fight with the kiddies fro the computer. Thanks again for the nice words. It's nice to hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.